Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #1

Soooooo...have we desided to do more or less shopping south of the border?

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #2

Soooooo...have we desided to do more or less shopping south of the border?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #3

More of course. Better selection of goods in the states.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #4

How can We not shop there We are saveing big bucks.I buy a lot of food there milk cheese eggs chicken some pork turkey and more sorry but I am sick of the rip offs here.We do try but most of the time We have a bad shopping deal here as We drove to Chatham for S.Store had Beef S.Tip roast on for $1.99 and a slow cooker on for $9.99 We went thinking a good buy well a trip for nothing not in stock gas was burned for 16 miles one way or 32 round trip, was I mad... Yes very so was the wife...They never said sorry or any thing just come back in 2 days We will have them in then.I said You have had Me come here for the last time and I will not be back I also found the over all prices high as a Lady also looking for the meat said. That was why She made the trip also Sobeys is also high but they will have a Wall-Mart to tone them down as of Nov.7...That will sharpen there toes...Just My .02 Bushman
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #5

Sure, spend your money at Walmart, keep the Orient employed and shoot yourself in the foot. Then when the garbage products don't hold up and you have to take it back...just wait til you have to buy an oriental motorhome...
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #6

So is Walmart different from Canadian Tire, Sears, The Bay, Zellers.....and most other retail stores?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #7

I suppose in fairness, it would be appropriate to avoid most of the big box stores, cause we all know where they get their junk from. Unfortunately, quality does cost money, to me it's worth it. Buy an item once, knowing you don't have to take it back for another and another, etc. Ever take a look at say appliances, used to be the would come with anywhere from a 5-10 year warranty, now they are made in you know where, have a 1 year warranty and if yoou want more, it darn near costs as much as two of the same items. Garbage! Starve out their business, buy at home.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #8

Erich I for one will buy Canadian if the stores can give Me a fair price I try but as I said I have been taken for a ride so often I am sick and will not take the kick in the a-- any more.Where I live the stores are after the buck and care less about You or Me.A shoe store in town has been going out for 1/2 a year and still is shoes at inflated prices droped to less inflated prices? greed? I think so.Well every man for himself is the world today.Buy the best You can for Your money that just goes so far I will do the same...Good luck and do not go broke at the check outs...Bushman
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #9

I fully agree, you get what you pay for, and have always tried to purchase made in Canada products. Now, where the heck do we buy "anything" made in Canada. As a former trade unionist I have practised the buy Canadian concept, but in very few instances are there Canadian products available. I even prefer to buy North American products, but the same thing applies there too.
As to the original question<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ...have we desided to do more or less shopping south of the border?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I too will shop where I get the biggest bang for my buck.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #10

Bring It On!!!!!!!

Canadian dollar at $1.04

Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 AM   #11

It is interesting but not infrequently when I'm in the USA I can and have bought Canadian made goods and at cheaper prices than I can get them here at home. Like Canadian beer at 1/2 the price, and Canadian maple syrup from Quebec. There are probably others but I can't think of them right now.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #12

With our Buck going as high as it is Novi, you/we'll be buying a whole lot more of those bargoons! and the latest tax cuts...ya gotta like it......now if we could just get the price of cars and trucks to follow suit.....

Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #13

How much$$$ Can we declare??? per crossing???

Rick
Old 11-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #14

Sounds like Chrysler is dropping prices north of the border, good for them.