Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #1

Now summer is almost over,kids back in school, wife and I will start our fall travels. Any one else travel more after school holidays?

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #2

Now summer is almost over,kids back in school, wife and I will start our fall travels. Any one else travel more after school holidays?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #3

Hi Brad: We used to travel routinely in the fall. It is our favourite time also. Since doing the craft shows we have not been able to go RVing but we did a lot of dry camping at the shows. Not quite the same thing. But that is about to change. We are retiring from the craft show business this year and will re-start the fall trips. Kentucky in the fall is beautiful, and so is the New England area. The decreased crowds are great.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #4

Here in Canada!! Hope to do a trip East!! Maybe Quebec City and then a wewekend to Algonguin!!

Rick
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #5

Hey Novi..Rick. Fall camping is great. Gets cooler, crowds are gone, bugs are thining out...ah you gotta like it. We're going to Silent Lake P/P Sept 10. First trip out since March in Tenn.
We've been both places Novi but never in the fall. Autumn colours would be great in both areas.

Rick, there are some good campgrounds in the Quebec City area.
Have you made reservation for Algonquin? I think Mew Lake and maybe Lake of Two Rivers are they only camps open? I know Mew is very popular so reservations may be a good idea.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi All, matter of fact we'll be pulling out this weekend, but may stay off the main routes until Tuesday, which is freedom day. The kids will be back in school and the Summer crowd have their noses to the grindstone again. The roads will be all ours except for the construction crews
Don't plan on being back till the end of Oct.

Cheers Willis
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> roads will be all ours except for the construction crews </div></BLOCKQUOTE> How very true Willis. You off anywhere special? This time of year and early spring are my favorite times to "go"

Old 08-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #8

AH! You guys are making me envious. But, I got two shows left to do. Then I can consider a trip also. Have a good time.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #9

We love the fall for travel....much quieter and less traffic. The only caveat seems to be the tendency for a number of Ontario parks to close down early..like the St Lawrence Pkwy that seems to finish up just after Labour Day.
We are hoping to get a few days free in time to hit the PEI shellfish festival but that depends on the timing of the house lift as the window of opp is after the lift and pour and before the set down. Looks like at best it will be a quick car trip, no camping like 2 yrs ago!!
Ian
Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You off anywhere special? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well any trip out of the driveway is special for us, but this will be for about two months. First week will be tooling around between here and East of Toronto, then on Sunday we'll pass through Toronto. From then on it's by ear, we have friends and relatives to visit along Lake Erie (Welland to Leamington) Then up to the Bruce and Georgian Bay areas. (Collingwood area)
Guess after we're done in Ont. our next destination will be the Gaspe' Reagon then homeward bound along East Coast NB.
That;s the plan, but what will actually happen, well who knows for sure

Cheers Willis
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 AM   #11

Sounds like a great trip Willis. I hate to say it so soon, but there are some trees changing now. By the time you come full circle in Gaspe' region colours should be well under way. Some road work being done on 401 Port Hope.. no delays and from there to Welland..clear sailing Drive Safe and keep us "tuned"...Brad

Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">depends on the timing of the house lift as the window of opp is after the lift and pour and before the set down </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Basement going in Ian?
Even a car trip works for me...just gettin away.

Novi, I'll be thinking of you when I'm away, while you keep raking in the dough

Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #13

4 1/2 foot crawl space for the house my son lives in. No use for a basement as he is quitre disabled but the new 8" walls should keep things a lot warmer!!I just added 2X4 walls to the existing outside then reinsulate )R14 X 2) and will reside. Keeps me from getting too fat....
Ian
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #14

Oh I C Ian. With the prices of heating fuel, we can't have too much insulation.