Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacdon61 View Post
Fuel has always been a bone of contention dealing with vehicle transportation. Canadians have let their fearless leaders lead us astray with pipe lines going to the wrong places. We have a massive surplus of oil on the west coast with no way to get it to the east coast where they import most of their oil?

It's counterintuitive that one end of Canada imports their oil at full global price while the other end exports their excess capacity at a hefty discount. Canada is the sixth-largest producer in the world and third-biggest exporter; that it can fall into a multibillion-dollar oil trade deficit is absurd.
Rumor has it that the west coast (BC) is importing oil from Russia. Most likely a troll report but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #58

Natural gas pipeline explosion in B.C. Has caused gas and diesel to skyrocket! Regular gas as high as $1.61 per liter. Natural gas used in refining process .
Old 10-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Fuel prices in western Canada

First I have to say that if the people of British Columbia have to pay more for fuel...it doesn't bother me too much. I know I shouldn't paint them all with the same brush, but I feel the tree huggers from that area have stalled or stopped our last chance for a pipeline to get prairie oil to foreign markets.
We are really getting penalized on price. WCS (western Canadian select) is selling for approximately $23/barrel while WTI (west Texas intermediate) is selling for approximately $71 / barrel.
I don't feel it's the oil companies are to blame for your high price!
What about the refiners and retailers? If they get to buy the crude oil for 1/3 of WTI price, and sell the gasoline (or diesel fuel) for at least 25% more than our American friends are paying...ARE WE GETTING HOSED OR WHAT?
On our "Alaska" trip this summer (because we have pretty good range on a tank) we burnt more Alberta & Alaska fuel, and less BC & Yukon fuel.
Hopefully I didn't hurt anybody's feelings, but facts are facts
Harvey 🤔
Old 10-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #60

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSBEH View Post
First I have to say that if the people of British Columbia have to pay more for fuel...it doesn't bother me too much.
Well then, It doesn't bother me if you can't get your oil to foreign markets!

How does that benefit me in any way?

Build refineries, give Canadians a break on fuel prices !!!
Old 10-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Ben, if the pipeline went ahead...it would mean many jobs for BC people (both in the short term and long term). That might help you and your family). If it went ahead there would be more tax dollars for your government (which could help pay for social programs for BC people, and maybe give you lower personal taxes). Heck it might even get our Canadian stock market moving again in the right direction for all of us.
The people in the prairies might show their appreciation by buying more BC wine, fruits, vegetables, lumber, etc.
We would all be happy!
Best Regards
Harvey 🇨🇦
Old 10-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #62

Our previous Premier, tried to make a deal so that we would benefit, for the risk we are taking.
Alberta govt wanted nothing to do with it!
Old 10-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #63

Quote:
Ben, if the pipeline went ahead...it would mean many jobs for BC people (both in the short term and long term). That might help you and your family). If it went ahead there would be more tax dollars for your government (which could help pay for social programs for BC people, and maybe give you lower personal taxes). Heck it might even get our Canadian stock market moving again in the right direction for all of us.
The people in the prairies might show their appreciation by buying more BC wine, fruits, vegetables, lumber, etc.
We would all be happy!
Best Regards
Harvey 🇨🇦
All I'm going to say is "I agree with you 100%".
Old 10-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #64

Trust me, this nat gas line explosion isn't going to sway anyone who was on the fence, your direction !
Old 10-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
An interesting read on this topic

Gentlemen....here is a very interesting article I read today in the National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...ur-oil-exports.

I hope this shortcut works for you

All the best
Harvey🇨🇦
Old 10-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Gentlemen....here is a very interesting article I read today in the National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...ur-oil-exports.

I hope this shortcut works for you

All the best
Harvey[emoji1063]
Great post Harvey
Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #67

Makes you wonder why practically all our fuel on the wet coast, comes from Washington state.

We need to build refineries!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Our previous Premier, tried to make a deal so that we would benefit, for the risk we are taking.
Alberta govt wanted nothing to do with it!
Risks? To who? And why is a LNG gas pipeline and coastal terminal deep in a fjord acceptable? Far, far greater risks with a gas pipeline and the ships that transport it. Light a match to a barrel of oil and see what happens. Nothing! Now try that with a "barrel" of LNG. So enough with the risks with bitumen. I haven't heard what caused the pipeline explosion but my money is on sabotage. Not like we haven't been down that road before. Anyway, the price of oil is slowly creeping back to $100/bbl. But that's for quality oil unlike the stuff from the tar sands that sells for $30/bbl.
resdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Makes you wonder why practically all our fuel on the wet coast, comes from Washington state.

We need to build refineries!
You and resdogie should get your facts straight. Plus, Whatever fuel you get on the Wet Coast from Washington most likely came from Alberta in the first place after they bought it for $30 a barrel. What's your gas price in Metro Vancouver now $1.60? Wake up my friends... Canadians are being played like a fiddle.

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/nrg/ntgrtd...ls/bc-eng.html
Old 10-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #70

Glad both our vehicles are electric. Had to fuel the pusher for our upcoming trip south though. Ouch.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel