Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:35 AM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Little Kopit:
Ian do you put in fresh compost, bone meal, etc, for crop 2?

BTW I have 2600 square growing feet. The overall size of the garden is about 3200 square feet.

Target is to get everything in by July 1. I don't try to put in any seed before June 1.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I "refeed" every couple of years when the soil level gets low...it is raised about 5" above the surrounding area, usually with a compost mix from the local nursery. The lot here is fair sized at 62X275 (large for a city lot) but the bulk of it +- 200 ft are on the lake side (North) with 75' sandy beach and the rest lawn with a willow break at the edge of the sand. The cold north winds can be very strong drying and thus it is not suitable for tender plants...I grow Nasturtiums out at the Northern edge under the willows and may try a potato there this year (if I don't get caught by the bridal police...We are hosting the DD's reception on the law/beach with a large tent and dinner....If I can't eat it I don't grow it but there are those who would have a lovely flower garden for the ambiance...)
The ideal south facing part is eaten up with driveways as we are on a communal (10'wide) lane that is shared by the other 12 neighbours so parking is a major factor. I managed to get my small garden in but just barely as some flower/shrub stuff is required by the Power-that-be!!
The 1st green onion has surfaced already.....1/2" but still.
Ian
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #16

Nope,

spent all day today trying to snow.

blowing real hard, just around the freezing mark. I still need to scrape windshield in the morning.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #17

If you're in the Halifax area, you don't have much. What I see on the Nova Scotia webcams is very little snow.

This is Port aux Basques, which is in the southwest corner of the island:

The present forecast says the west coast will be getting periods of snow tonight and tomorrow. On April Fool's Day the forecast presently says flurries.

The sea ice limit surrounds the west,north and east coasts. Sigh!

-------------
Of course, I'm just waiting to hear about your next cold snap in Onatrio and Quebec.

Edit note: that link to that PAB pic is showing the current pic, not the pic that what there earlier this morning. It looks more springish at 10:00 a.m.
Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #18

Well.....the snowblower will get drained this weekend and the lawnmower readied....My neighbour has taken down his snow fence so I guess I ill have that to do as well after the winds of Saturday! Ah the joys of the banana belt!
Ian
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #19

Same here, Groveite

The blower came off the tractor this morning! Rescued the MH from the back field earlier this week before the lack of frost left it too soft to try!
I'd suggest the warmer weather is here to stay; can thousands of Canadian Geese be wrong?? We live on one of the main flyways and twice a year are treated to a couple of weeks of spectacular 'flyovers'! Lots of corn growers in the area so we seem to be one of their favored overnight stops!

Happy Spring!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #20

Sure glad to hear you fellers talking about putting away the winter "fun" machines and getting ready for warmer weather. I am heading home Monday and don't need to see any of that white stuff.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #21

Well Novi....looks warm today, 67 the Port Huron site says but mid 20's for Good Friday. Maybe you can bring the nice stuff with you?
Had 4 or 5 more onions pop up with the overnight storm and warm winds but no sign of radishes yet. BTW the regular here is back up to 1.02....you should fill up at the Walmart in PH before crossing!
Ian
Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 AM   #22

I'll cram as much hot air in as I can. Meanwhile today I am goin to hit the pool, 86F this afternoon.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #23

Glad to hear your'll still enjoying the warm weather Novi.... cool and damp here.

P.S. haven't been in for almost a week.....darn computer up and quit, had to get a whole new system.

PSS...LK ..did you get rid of any more snow!!!!

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #24

Brad, I've got you beat. Remember I took my computer to the helpful work Dr. Bob in Feb, then came home to static on radio problems, replaced the monitor with a flat screen and the powerbar and still have static. Might be junk on the CBC tower says Dr. Bob. & this week I asked him how come he'd taken Norton AV off the bar at the bottom of the screen. 'If it was protecting you it would be down in that corner' he said, 'you have a virus'. Sigh.

To continue the saga of beating you out for the sob stories on the way home Friday night, I passed over a bump and the radio went out. It came back, then I passed over a bridge expansion joint (oh, it was above freezing for much of Friday, after a Thursday with Paddy's Brush of a snow blow). The radio went out again. "How important is the radio", I asked myself.

Given that I was behind others and driving slow I continued this debate until we came to a faster speed zone. A few passed a slowbie and I look for my speed. Ahem, no speedometer. No indication of what gear I was in. Ahem, skip the radio, skip going to the mail box. Get home and park this baby. She may not start again. & I was right about that.

Possibly larger fuse in fuse panel under the hood, likely other loose connections, it clicks at the starter solenoid when key is turned. It beeps when the key is in and you open a door. But with the keys on the truck seat it also gave a spark when a neighbor was double checking the battery terminals, even though they really had little corrosion.

Service shop owner says solenoid should be ok. One correspondent (electrician) says big fuse and most electrical fires come from worn wiring. Another says battery. I don't see battery as main problem, the starter turns over when you have a dead battery. But I would welcome theories, diagnosis, etc.

Now, as to snow. Paddy gave about 3 inches. Post Paddy it has been blowing. Snow removal to any degree requires use of truck. I shovel aboard truck, turn truck around and put snow in the wide part of the the driveway \_/. But I did get a bit this afternoon. The recessed walkway and upper 4 cement steps are two shovels wide. The last 6 feet of walk have snow.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #25

Sounds like you got me beat out...

This new system takes some getting to know (Vista0 specially for a guy thats 'puter il literate ????????

Old 04-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #26

Brad, what I've heard about Visita is that the early bird version comes with all of those MS things about, 'you need buy our software for this application'.

Dr. B. told me that by April they would have found their way around this. Or from now on I could safely buy my laptop and they would have those things sorted. Work has to run non MS applications in places. If our techies know their way, others must too.

It will be interesting if you tell us how you do.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #27

Morning LK.. .I understand the "add on" stuff is required because the new version has so much capability. Audio and video cards must be up-graded to allow Vista to work the way they were designed to work. Turns out my HP photo printer is useless with this system...time will tell what other stuff is too out dated.
I prefer my old system...I know how to work it, understand it and enjoyed it(Windows XP)
I almost have home pages, bookmarks, etc, back to where things are recognizable. The inner works and power is there, but somewhat useless to an old dog like me.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 AM   #28

That's what they want you to believe

Check for reviews. They want you to spend more $. Check with those you know for alternatives. There's gotta be a way.