Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #15

So what's the plan Bushman. Get a laptop, test it all out where you can check on the warranty,etc., then head south.

How are the heating costs in your 'home'?

& how long did it take for Molly to get to know and get bored with the last rig?

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #16

The Molly,a fine little pest..LOL I must of hit the wrong key I mean pet.She is aways snooping,looking for trouble 24 7 If not sleeping BUT We enjoy the little mutt.And She has a home as long as She wants...She is so funny to watch and a sly little Miss also.Every morning as She gets out of Her bed She plays the harp on the cage door and We let Her out She has breakfast and a drink and off to the shower for that, is most important to Her it seems She stands at the door till we turn the water on and let Her in to play and wash up.Yes it is a strange thing but a event in Her life every day and She loves the water..LOL She may have Otter in Her blood..A lap top may-be but not a must have.Heating in the M.H. or the Apt.?The M.H.has a propane heater and a heater strip on the roof air and I have Boo also..Molly has a fur coat so She is warm and sleeps in a sleeping bag Boo made for Her. In Her house cage at night She goes to bed when She wants to but We lock the door for Her safety at night..Just to keep Us from stepping on Her..LOL You know She makes no noise and does get under foot now and again...We will leave for the West soon.Bushman
Old 10-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We will leave for the West soon.Bushman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The west is many places. Vancouver, Seattle. Portland, Colorado? Arizona?

& Molly keeps you young, like all children!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 03:38 AM   #18

Hi Donna/Elvin: Glad to hear all is well. Do not blame you for escapeing this area ahead of time. Our friends left Sunday for Florida, had enough of this stuff. We will be staying home this year. I have to have minor surgery for a cataract I developed this summer. We may be able to squeeze in a short trip somewhere but don't know for now. Enjoy your winter out west, gold hunting. Your moving from the Ehrenburg CG arn't you?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:41 AM   #19

Morning Bushman: Getting a lap top was the best thing I did for travelling. I will be getting another one before we hit the road on another trip. It really makes you feel like your are home when on the road and intouch with everything.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:31 AM   #20

Hey Novi, why do you want another laptop?

I'm in the market for one about next summer. I will want one with me on the road in fall 07. I figure it's best to wait until Vista (the MS op system coming in January) is at least 6 months old.

But what did the laptop you got not have that you want?

Old 10-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #21

The lap top I had was fine. It was DW that decided one morning to give it a bath. It wasn't water proof. Naturally it was an accident, and the main processor got fried. The wireless card is still ok and I will put it in the new one when we get it. Many CG's are going wireless and that let us keep in touch thru the internet. Last year we did all our banking on-line while in Florida, all bills, all income, we knew when everything was paid and how much. Plus transfer money from one account to another. Pay Visa. Plus keep in touch with the IRV2 community. It was just like being here at home.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #22

AH..the beauty of the internet......where would we be without it

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #23

We'd be deprived souls leading, narrow, geographically limited, mentally sub-par lives.

Take a bow.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM   #24

And the laptop sure makes communications back home a breeze....We wouldn't be without one now. I had lunch at Harvey's in Sarnia today while on a fruitless search for a cupboard hinge and noted that they now offere free internet access there too.
I will admit to having spent the odd 20 minutes in a chain hotel pkgng lot in the past when access was not easy to come by!
Ian
Old 10-24-2006, 02:07 AM   #25

The whole downtown core of Toronto is now covered with free internet access as well. WiFi, the next great thing. I can't get highspeed in the boonies and already there's something better than that. I'll send this soon as the dial-up kicks in.... ..

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:09 AM   #26

Your right Brad WiFi is the future for internet especially lap tops and travelling they go to gether well. There is also satelite internet. I saw it on an upper end diesel out in the desert at Quartzite. Looks a like satelite TV dish on top of the MH. It auto tracks to your satelite then locks on and you are on-line. Expensive set up though. WiFi is much cheaper.