RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #1

I understand some NB C/G owners are trying to get legislation passed to prevent boondocking...

Nova Scotia did it.... will this harm their tourism industry.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #2

I understand some NB C/G owners are trying to get legislation passed to prevent boondocking...

Nova Scotia did it.... will this harm their tourism industry.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:00 AM   #3

There is a lot that can be said for and against both opinions........boondocking at times is interpreted by some as an attempt to cheat a CG business out of income or an attempt by a traveller to stay overnight for free...both are purely selfish ......Its too bad that rules have to be imposed to clear it up..any other business wouldnt get any consideration in that manner, I think it will cause some to think twice about coming if they are inclined to boondock...With that in mind, IF the rule is imposed and enforced...when staying overnight at a CG that doesnt measure up in terms of value for the money spent..I think that the Govt should also provide a complaint process for campers so they could complain about the lack of services in a protected free enterprise atmosphere...once they find that the CG's are exploiting the public things will change back...IMHO!

2004 Keystone Sprinter LA 292FWRLS
Skip298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #4

Brad, I recommend that you go read the thread at the big neighbors.

RWTyler, Randy, who is a retired engineer and Halifax resident, and a very good web searcher has located and found some very interesting facts about governments deals with Walmarts to attract them to their municipalities.

Most of this is about Big Box Store Parking. Certainly, I have heard from this year's visitors to N.S., that the prices were high in comparison with private cgs. on this island. I was going say something about having higher prices to recover with a smaller population, but when I heard the comparison to here, I thought it interesting.

As you know I tend to prefer government campgrounds because there tend to be more trees.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 AM   #5

Just checking in.....We're in St. Andrews by the sea NB....right now. Our trip to Grand Manan Isle was washed out today. Maybe tomorrow. Everyone enjoying their vacation????

Later Ya'll........Brad

Old 07-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #6

I liked the provincial camp ground on Grand Manan. & the school housed public library was open from 8:30 to 4:30. I just booked for that time each day and in the 3 days there I got caught up.

Very nice place Grand Manan. I hope you get a clear enough day to see Maine. You'll be looking as my parents shore cottage.

Enjoy!!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #7

Hi brad, hope you are enjoying the East Coast, we really enjoyed our trips there. We too have gone to Grand Manan and stayed at the provincial campground, the Anchorage Prov Park. No problems with reservations when we were there the park wasn't too busy. The people on the island were super nice and we stayed there the better part of a week. Enjoy the boat ride and think of us when you are eating fresh seafood, happy holidays.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #8

Brad, there's a place called "The Bakery", IIRC. Scrumdelicious goodies. On the main drag. If you don't spot it by the name, you will spot it by the cars out side.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #9

The campground right at the end of town by the ocean is great....unless of courseyou hear the air escaping from a trailer tire as you back in during a rainstorm!!!!Very helpfl friendly folk there last year for sure, just an excess of fog.
Enjoy
Ian
Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #10

Brad, how is the weather where you are? You sure are missing a beauty of a heat wave back here in Ontario.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #11

Novi, just guessing where he is, more less, that is checking St. John, NB, it's a bit above average house temperatures with a bit of sun and cloud and low POP.

Or cooler than here.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #12

Hi LK, I bet just about anywhere in Canada is cooler than Ontario. Expecting 35C with high humidity. Bloody awful!!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #13

Hey All! I'm back home as of tonight at 9:00PM

Had a GREAT time... The weather was super hot in the east too Novi, last three days pushing 90-100 degrees in Maine, VT, NH.

We had never been to Baaa Habaaa before so we spent five days there, doing ALL the tourist stuff. Into NB to St Andrews...again All the tourist stuff. Went to Ministers Island, Deer island and Compobello Island.
All in all...a very good time was had by all.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #14

Welcome Home Brad,

I haven't been to Deer Island. Tell.

How did you like Campobello Island?

& you missed Grand Manan outright. A shame that. That's on my list of places I'd like to visit again.