Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #1

Hi everyone, I see that the Ontario Safety League (located in Mississauga, Ontario) offers a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE DRIVING SEMINAR. It is apparently a one day course for current or prespective owners of an RV, from the smallest car and tent trailer up to the largest 5th wheel unit and motorhomes. I was wondering if any body has attended this course and if so did they find it worthwhile?

regards
Don (Burlington, Ontario)
Onondaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #2

Hi everyone, I see that the Ontario Safety League (located in Mississauga, Ontario) offers a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE DRIVING SEMINAR. It is apparently a one day course for current or prespective owners of an RV, from the smallest car and tent trailer up to the largest 5th wheel unit and motorhomes. I was wondering if any body has attended this course and if so did they find it worthwhile?

regards
Don (Burlington, Ontario)
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #3

Hello Onondaga, Welcome, Glad to have you with us. As a new member I encourage you to jump in, get involved with the best RV site on the net. We look forward to hearing from you often.

Rv Driving Seminar...never took part in it, but sounds like it may be worth while, considering some of the drivers on the road. All here...Excempt! Defensive driving is a "Must Know" especially trying to stop our rigs.. when someone desides to pull out. All in all , it sounds like a good course.....Brad.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:56 AM   #4

Just stumbled accross another possible problem when deciding to purchase a new pickup truck. Is a 1 ton pickup truck classified as a commercial vehicle by the Minisrty of Transport? And, if so is there any special licencing requirements. I was told (by someone that thinks they know everything) that a pickup of that size requires a window sticker on a yearly basis in addition to renewing your lincence plate sticker. Would appreciate any feed back, especially from Ontario owners.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #5

The yellow sticker you refer to is called a "device" dont ask me why, Its a sticker..this is a safety standards inspection sticker that is renewable every year IF the vehicle is licenced as a commercial vehicle.....It Must be licenced as a commercial vehicle if the weight of the truck is OVER 4501 Kgs.. Once you do that, any trailer you pull is then also required to have the device(except a camper(T.T.5ver)trailer).. If you buy a 1 ton truck it MUST BE under the 4501 Kg to qualify, you must insist on it being licenced as a personal use vehicle only...(make sure your dealer does this registration right or you will get done for the heigher weight permit which is costly)Travel Trailers/5th wheels and campers are exempt and their weights are not considered or factored into the licencing fee schedule( but some of the MTC office employees dont know that and try to do them as commerical vehicle with the trailer weight as the licence fee.... Have I lost you yet...it can be confusing... My truck weighs in at 4491Kg..it is a personal use vehicle and I do not require any inspections...If I was to have ordered the 4 wheel drive option I would be over the 4501 Kg and then would have to get the sticker.....BTW I recall the trailer you were talking about getting...IF that trailer is over 4600 Kg,, you will be putting yourself in line to upgrade your drivers licence to a class "A"........remember..keep truck under 4501 Kg and trailer under 4601 Kg... pm if you need more..

2004 Keystone Sprinter LA 292FWRLS
Skip298 is offline   Reply With Quote