RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #1

I am planning a trip this fall from Ottawa, Onatrio to Hilton Head, and would welcome any sage advice. I have a 32' MH with a CRV toad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #2

I am planning a trip this fall from Ottawa, Onatrio to Hilton Head, and would welcome any sage advice. I have a 32' MH with a CRV toad.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #3

Ottawa, Hello and Welcome to IRV2. Glad to have you with us, and we look forward to hearing from you often.
Please enjoy our site...we have many forums you should find interesting, with many many members willing to help out.
Please feel free to introduce yourself in the new members forum.

If I can send a couple IRV2 Stickers, just let me know. Again Welcome..and Enjoy our site.....Brad

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #4

Try this Link Ottawa. Hilton Head
While most driving will probably be Inter State, this time of year should offer more scenic and relaxed driving.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #5

Well, Brad, you did very well there. How did you know where Hilton Head is?

& why should most of the driving be on an interstate. Ottawa, would you be interested in some more interesting routes?

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:43 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How did you know where Hilton Head is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You seem surprised! LK
Just happened to be in the area in Feb/05 on our return trip from Georgia.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:08 AM   #7

Well, it seems rather specific for anyone to know to me.

But then you see, I may have lived in the eastern seaboard, Virginia to Maine, and travelled much more many many times (Take Me Home Country Road is a personal theme for that era). I boondocked when I didn't know that usage of that word or before it was coined. So, I have travel knowledge.

But I'm not a person to try out a place with the name 'rv park'. Too many are too much like parking lots for me. In passing I would have ignored the place.

Or I might be able to help with travel, but I would need a town and a state as as destination to do so.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:30 AM   #8

Good morning All..Rain has stopped but may return as the sky is gray..Gas is still HIGH Bushman Reporting LOL
Old 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #9

Hello Ottawa: I have been in that area. You will like it, it is very nice. Have you decided on an RV park yet, there are 2 out on there. Both motorhome only I believe run by Outdoor Resorts.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #10

Probably Hilton Island Motor Coach Resort, but the other sounds good as well.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 AM   #11

Morning Ottawa: I think that is the one we stayed at the other one has a marina if I recall. If you are into history stuff Savannah is close by and Beaufort has a lot of Civil War era homes and artifacts. You can bike down to the beach it is about a mile, and bike rentals are just around the corner. The drive in is interesting. There is/was a island bylaw that malls and stores must not be visable from the highway. The walmart and grocery stores are there but you can't easily see them it is so well landscaped. It is a wealthy area.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #12

The area you are heading to is one of our favorite destination on the south-atlantic coast.
As it was said before, Savannah, beaofort are ''must see''. if you have time available, Charleston S.C. is also a nice detination.
I prefer the ''where the marina is'' campground in Hilton head. (matter of choice, the other is nice too.
Sorry, LK, no boondocking sand pit in this area
Jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #13

Gotta agree with Jackd. This whole strand of sand between Myrtle Beach S.C and Jeykell Island Ga. is a great vacation, "just waiting to happen." toured Jeykell Island Feb/05, Savannah etc.....