RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:11 AM   #1

Victoria Day Weekend Camping

We just realized Canada has a 3 day weekend this coming weekend and we are concernd about campgrounds. We will be around Radium Hot Springs at that time. How popular is this weekend for campers? Should we find a place on Friday morning and stay until Monday?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #2

Honestly, I'll be surprised if you can find anything. We got in the Radium area last year on this holiday, but had to book well in advance. Good luck, hopefully you'll find something. We stayed at Canyon RV Resort and it was excellent.

BZTS561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #3

The May long weekend is the kick off weekend to the camping season. It is usually very busy. I would reserve or you might be out of luck.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #4

I just talked to Parks Canada and they suggested I go to a Provincial Park that is close. I am also going to check out some BCFS sites. The plans are to cross the border, drive some then stop(this would be Thursday), start early on Friday, drive a couple of hours and find a Provincial Park for the weekend. Then do day trips.

Thanks for the replies.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 05-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #5

I have a question of rservations. 1/2 of the PP I am looking at is reservable for the weekend and taken. The rest of the sites are first come/first serve for the weekend. I can reserve a site for Thursday night at one of the weekend first come/first serve sites. If I did that when I showed up do you think I could book the site for the entire weekend? Just trying to work the system a bit.

I have to make this reservation tomorrow.

Thanks

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 05-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #6

Just to let you know we are in Red Streak Campground in Kootenay NP. We pulled in around 11 on Thursday, asked if they had a site and 15 minutes later we were all set. The sign today still says vacancy but I don't know what type. We were pleasantly surprised as our site has full hookups. Never expected that, we had assumed boondocking.

Crossing the border was a breeze, 5 minutes at most. Never asked a question about pets or liquor. Guns and cannabis, that's about it.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y

Tags
camping