Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #1

I have not heard anything recently about any issues with taking beef across the border, going from Canada to the USA that is. Is it back to "normal" again?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #2

I have not heard anything recently about any issues with taking beef across the border, going from Canada to the USA that is. Is it back to "normal" again?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #3

Novi, We used to have and expression "Is the Pope Polish". And now that that's no longer a yes, maybe it will do here too.

Latest I heard was that there are those who hope that all of Canada's good offices apres Katrina will help W decide to talk to our Paul and then we might make progress on beef and softwood lumber issues. Much as I'm sure my trying to be sardonic, sceptical, etc, comes through there, I am not being tongue in cheek. More, yeah, just how much faith can one have in our issues remaining on their radar for long?

One wonders if it's off our radar too. After all with our rising $, we're less competive with all of our home grown* production.

:dunno: & wish that were a smiley.

*unintentional pun, I really was thinking of manufacturing.
Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #4

Novi, who can afford the gas to take the Beef across the border? I hear its going up drastically...the gas that is LOL

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #5

Good point Brad, have to chuckle at the one. But if we could afford to drive our RV's and carry beef at the same time, would they allow us to bring some in?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #6

Ya Novi, I think all beef is permited again. Guess border guards have the freezers full...by now

Old 09-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #7

We crossed om LaborDay weekend and they asked if we had beef. We hada beef bourguignon which rapidly changed to horse bourguignon in case we got pulled over. Now we crossed again last Tuesday, no question of beef at all, however I do not take chances with these people.....after forty five years of border crossings and numerous '' pull overs'' I have moderated my lifestyle for them, or until I've gone through.

Know what would be neat? A huge bumper sticker ''Vive Vegetarians''...Heh-Heh...in front and in back!

Gas at Derby Line, Vt.: $2.79
Gas 30 K south of there: $2.89
Gas on the I-87 ranges between $2.85 and $3.06.

Enjoy your ride!

https://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #8

Just got the latest Snowbirds mag, beef in any form is still a no-no, along with veal, cooked and canned products made from same, dog food, ect ect ect, ad eternam!

Waterboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 PM   #9

Waterboy2...Firstly, Welcome to IRV2 Forums. Good to have more Canadians here. Alberta is one of my favorite provinces.

I crossed into States in July with steaks, burgers, bacon etc. Border Guards asked if we had meat, but didn't take it. Guess their freezers were full. LOL
If I can send you a couple iRV2.com stickers for your RV, just send me your address via PM.

Again, glad your with us, come back often.....Brad

Old 09-28-2005, 03:54 AM   #10

Hi All I have one comment the the beef ban is still on.No soup/meat/pet food or any bye products..But read the place its made if U.S.A. its O.K. to go a lot of pet foods are from the U.S...I just spent 8 weeks over in the camper seeing the U.P.& lower Michigan Gas $1.89-$3.95 had to feed the gennie,Oil for the old Dodge was high also but not as bad as gas,average$2.50-$2.90or less camping $10.00 in State Forest C.Grounds/Feds$10.00/$14.00
Old 10-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #11

Crossing into Michigan at Sarnia,our frozen beef was taken by Customs,also frozen lasagna and a few tangerines..
When we questioned if beef was now allowed to cross border as news stated,we were told only young live beef animals are allowed...
When we cross in late October at Windsor/Detroit we will make sure we have no fruit or beef....And of course we don't have space for young live beef animal in RV....

3778 W24
paulmarg is offline   Reply With Quote