Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Which Class C for BC?

I am going to start doing my homework on 23-25 Class Cs.
In terms of our wet and cold, I need input on what makes to avoid for coastal BC.

Also, I see Adventurer everywhere.
Who makes them and are they generally built for the rental market?

Thanks.
Yew Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yew Wood View Post
I am going to start doing my homework on 23-25 Class Cs.
In terms of our wet and cold, I need input on what makes to avoid for coastal BC.

Also, I see Adventurer everywhere.
Who makes them and are they generally built for the rental market?

Thanks.
Here's some help: Adventurer Manufacturing Ltd.  

They are evidently permanently out of business, but that would not stop me from buying the right one.

There contact info was:

Address: 33541 Maclure Rd, Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Phone: +1 604-852-5731

However, there are lots of them because they were popular (especially in Canada) , and I really like the full fiberglass cap they had, reminiscent of my favorite, Bigfoot, which rose from the dead after being sold to a new owner is back on their feet.

Bests,
Bob
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:04 AM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrazier;
Adventurer Manufacturing Ltd. They are evidently permanently out of business, but that would not stop me from buying the right one.
Thanks Bob. 3 TVs in a 22 footer? Guy must not like the outdoors.

Anyway, I thought they were a BC company but also saw reference to Winnebago Adventurer. Being built in Abbotsford should make them better than for BC than a California rig, I would think.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #4

stay away from a wood frame and floors that are not at least good quality plywood. with 200mm of rain in 24hrs at times you need a real base.

My 1983 RV is welded aluminum frame with fibreglass panels and then factory spray foamed on the inside.... the door was made with a wood frame... the door was rebuilt the rest is factory....
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjjack;
stay away from a wood frame and floors that are not at least good quality plywood. with 200mm of rain in 24hrs at times you need a real base.
Any brand recommendations then?

Also, since there don't seem to be a lot of local posters on here, are there any BC or even Western Canada RV forums?
Old 07-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yew Wood View Post
Any brand recommendations then?

Also, since there don't seem to be a lot of local posters on here, are there any BC or even Western Canada RV forums?

No idea of brands I am stuck in 1983 and removing electronics to increase reliability (now mechanical diesel with manual transmission)...

if you are going to do lots of logging roads I would consider a large b class so that you do not have the cab and body flexing like crazy... test drive units and drive them down a logging road... I hate driving my 1983 down logging roads it sounds like the end of the world sometimes (it has climbed 25% grades and done some pretty rough roads)...

Never found an active western Cdn site
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c