RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #1

Geeezz...with all the yackin' going on, you'd think all we do is play 'puter Rv'ing!

It's time to get something together...since it appears that some of us are still waiting for our new "dreamtrailer", maybe we can start figuring out a early Fall trip...some convo on Lake Isabella (never been there myself), or somewhere else. Kennedy Meadows? That great spot around San Simeon that I've seen posted? Pismo? If we're talkin' October, how 'bout Park Moabi out of Needles (great peninsula spots on the river!), or Buttercup, or Nyland, or ANYTHING???

We've got a 9-day June trip already planned to Utah (Heaven-off SR-12), but don't let us stop you! Time to get the show on the road! Those other regions are kickin' our butts!

Fatdog's got the banner- let's go! I would love to meet all of you, and it's time from what I've seen in this forum.

Suggestions/comments anyone?

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #2

Geeezz...with all the yackin' going on, you'd think all we do is play 'puter Rv'ing!

It's time to get something together...since it appears that some of us are still waiting for our new "dreamtrailer", maybe we can start figuring out a early Fall trip...some convo on Lake Isabella (never been there myself), or somewhere else. Kennedy Meadows? That great spot around San Simeon that I've seen posted? Pismo? If we're talkin' October, how 'bout Park Moabi out of Needles (great peninsula spots on the river!), or Buttercup, or Nyland, or ANYTHING???

We've got a 9-day June trip already planned to Utah (Heaven-off SR-12), but don't let us stop you! Time to get the show on the road! Those other regions are kickin' our butts!

Fatdog's got the banner- let's go! I would love to meet all of you, and it's time from what I've seen in this forum.

Suggestions/comments anyone?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
great idea there WWFan !!

I would love to get out there and meet more of the folk here. It really is fun to meet some of the people that we talk to as the months go by here. A lot of different people who all enjoy RVing and the oudoors that it brings us to. It is fun.

We could find a place that seems central enough for anyone that would be interested. Isabella is a great place, I'm not familiar with that Park in Needles but am curious. I would go anywhere. (its a ways up there, but I am eventually going to get up to Petaluma and the coastline just west of there with my RV.)

The Gold Rush Gang is back in action.
Have iRV2 banner, will fly.
Who and where?

Mike, Cordie, and lil' Zach(ster)
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #4

Mike:

Just finally found that post with the San Simeon site...did you remember it? Sounds pretty "central" to me... Southern Cal Boomers

Plenty of more choices to be looked at!!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #5

There is no doubt that that is a nice place and that also that Tom and Patty are now going to kill us for posting it again.
They will have a good opportunity to do that since they will be coming too hopefully.

lemme just set the mood here for a second if I could:
carne asade, home made pepper sauce, tortillas, (and please don't tell me that you guys don't like cilantro, I just can't figure out why some people are so adverse to that wonderful stuff.) and all the other fixin's.
Anyone have their specialties?? I do suppers better then breakfasts but will have a spatula in hand for any reason...

I have a tiny little leverage over the NorEasters Boomers and maybe they'll send a wee bowl of home made clam chowder ...

and then: horseshoes and ice chests, our telescope for the night skies, my book and my lounge chair - I'm a prolific reader, Cordie listens to her music, I believe I've told a tall story before around the campfire if I remember correctly, compare tires and engines, ........

(and WWFan, that stung my pride a little bit when you asked me why I was so lazy and hadn't updated my pics in my profile for so long....
alright, alright, jeese, gimme a couple days will ya??)
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #6

Hummm....should I stay or should I go!

OK...if I mention it again, like now, <span class="ev_code_GREY">I'll be sure to write it a light color!.</span>

Fatdog...you can have the suppers, but save at least one night for a mouth-watering, splendous Harris Ranch Ribeye, with twice-baked potatoes (or is that potatos? ), califlower with melted cheese and a special mayo/mustard sauce drooled over it, and a good bottle of wine! Breakfast one morning can be my friend's Heuvos Rancheros that I don't know one person that wouldn't die for it.

You do the horseshoes- I'll bring the Quaids- Cordie can play with my sound system, and we can talk rings around the best of what we could do here! Sorry- books are for going to sleep by, or at least that's what my Moski uses them for!!

Hey...I just got off the phone with my WW salesguy, and he went to the factory thinking he was going to take pics of a skeleton, and lo and behold, the TH was almost done! Sounds like WW's on schedule! You better get that durn DigCam out and get ready to post some pictures of the new digs (and actually, that was what I was referring to...the fact that you're pride is hurt over your avatar is your issue, dude! You can MAKE it HAPPEN!).

Tom and Patty: sorry I unburied your post, but if you really like the place, you'd share! But now I know to not let mine out!!

Sean
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
How about a bit of lime in the pepper sauce?

Patty makes great pancakes.

Patty and I are up to going anywhere in a radius of 250-300 miles. I think we would plan to take a Friday off if we are going that far, under 200 is a weekend trip for us. We just got back from a three day trip to Palm Desert with our Alpine group.
Of course Kelly's beach on the Kings River is only 20 miles. We got a few pictures of Kelly's Beach in our photos. But that would hardly be fair, Lakeside is 351 miles from Fresno and Yucaipa is 295. That secret place would be a long trip for you So. Cal's.

Lake Issy sounds good, I could mix business with pleasure, and get a chance to whack the top of the MH on the rocks at the entrance to the canyon.

Kennedy Meadows, but can you get a 37 foot Alpine in there? We have driven through there once in a car when they closed Tioga Pass on us.

When we get to a spot we pretty much stay put. We are new to this and haven't decided on a toad. I'm pulling for a Jeep Wrangler or CJ but Patty wants something with more room. Looks like I might have to add some toys too! Maybe pull my 'Wing" out of the garage and fire it up.

We are going somewhere this weekend, we haven't been out for 2 weeks now. Got the MH in the driveway, anode rod replaced, refer cold...we're ready.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:06 AM   #8

Tom & Patty:

It just dawned on me you're from my home town!! Of course, it was many moons ago since I've lived there, but still have quite a few relatives there- my Mom moved from there to Pismo, but is thinking about going back.

Certainly, if we're talking alomst 300 miles, I'd probably make it a 3-4 day event myself. Even though I'm from central CA, the only place I can remember up in the Sierras is North Fork- only because that's where we always went to get our Christmas Tree! My wife does a sisters-weekend-out at Bass Lake also, but since I'm not a "sister", never been there .

Kennedy Meadows can also be a tricky spot- like a chance to lop off the top of your MH @ LI, you can try to ruin your tranny going up the road to get there...it was just a thought, albeit a longshot! Besides, there's so many other places to go!

If I can add my 2 cents...anywhere where we could do some off-roading with our TJ would be nice, but not neccessary at this point. I'd rather get to know everyone around a cozy campfire. Pancakes in the AM could compliment that, Patty!

We were out last week in Dumont, and now that I finally got the darn rig cleaned after that trip, I'm gonna keep it parked until I sell it! Wow...what a job hand-washing a 37ft'r- especially the front where you could swear I was a serial bug killer!!

Sean
Old 04-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #9

That seems to be everyone's home town,
Cordie, although born o'seas, lived in Fresno for most of her life and my mama-in-law still live off of Marks (i think it is). Cordie has a gaggle of sister/nephews all over there.

I would think we could get a spot for a camp that is appealing for all folk, even though I've been a Toy'ler, at least half the time I go out I don't bring bikes. I somehow just find it relaxing to get out and about, which is the common draw all of us RVers have. And since I've driven to and fro Fresno a number of times, anything inbetween here and there no matter how close to either is fine with us.
Lets get this rally going and from there figure out when and where to bring bikes or jeeps on others.

And since we are tossing ideas, we've been to BigBear Lake a few times, and right on the south end of the Lake is Hollowells RV I think the name is. But if I'm not mistaken the southern access freeway to that area from San Berdoo is closed after last years fires or floods I can't remember. By the way, coming down that road is what strongly convinced me that exhaust brakes were a good thing for diesels pulling weight. I believe it was the very next morning that I was standing in line waiting to have it installed.

(and Tom and Patty say they "are new to this" and you are sporting a rig like what you have?? i'm wonderin' if maybe they aint old pros??? )

line those pancakes up,
M, C, and Z
Old 04-21-2005, 07:51 AM   #10

FatDog:

Boy...you got it right...when in Fresno, it's definitely a "gaggle"!!

OK on the toys for the first trip...but it could be VERY tempting if we go somewhere like Big Bear...yes..it's around where the fires were. There is also a NAT park on the North that we've been to. Since we've got the TJ, we've been up in "those hills" quite a bit- there is more trails and sights to see than Carter's got pills!! Heck...Moski could drive the Jeep up on the "back roads" to meet us- we're only 45 minutes from BB!

The only thing missin' from my F250 is that Banks Brake...I bet you love it FatDog! But I just can't seem to justify the $2500, when it is looking more like I'm gonna need to buy a new truck if I want to haul around everything we normally do!

Tom & Patty "newbies"? Humm...I think you're right Mike! Buy maybe they got that "first-time" buyers special on that GORGEOUS rig!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #11

I doonnnn''tttt HEEAAARRR yyoouuuu!!!

C'mon everyone...let's do this!! Gotta come up with sumpthin'!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #12

Sean
i think I'll resort to the ol' email to everyone I know on this forum that is in CA or NV and get their feelings and we'll go from there. I know for a fact you and I will be there.
and you have mastered that PM, maybe we could get a PM going. I have a atlas out in my truck so when i get home tonite I'll bring it on it and see what looks like its in the middle, but I have heard Lake Izzy pop up a few times, maybe thats a good-for-go. I think when Cordie and I (and her brother my wretched B.I.L.) were there last, it was a great place. Some parking along the lake, some campgrounds, there was this place in town that as coincidence would have it made wonderful burgers and had cold beer, and there is that meandering river that comes into the lake.
alright, alright, I'm suggesting lake izzy

Tom-Patty, '56, Clark, Mark (i'm tracking you down too ol buddy), Sandy, 5th grade teach, ...
.. Saturday nights potluck BBQ, I have my name next to the steaks. A guy takes his first vaca in a year, i believe i can spring for the steaks.

http://www.lakeisabella.net/

steaks: FatDog (WWFan will dictate type)
salads: Moski
corn?:
olives:
rolls:
plates & stuff like that :
desert:
Old 04-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #13

OK...sounds good to me! Give me some usernames, and I'll add 'em to my Buddy List and we'll go from there!

But I want to help share the steaks...as I've said earlier, you gotta taste (if you haven't already) an excellent, Harris Ranch Ribeye. It's the only I'll eat. Heck...if you're gonna pay $9.99 for a descent one, might as well add 2 bucks and get the best! I've eaten at every single Steakhouse in Kansas, and there's nuttin' that beats it- honestly! In fact, if you don't agree, I'll STILL PAY FOR IT! Now hows THAt for a guarantee.

Also...put us down for the salad(s)...we'll make a regular one, you know, throw every available veggie in it, and Moski's infamous Oriental Salad- she has to make it every time our group gets together.

Sean
Old 04-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #14

Mike:

List? 'member the List? Or have you got it covered? We're getting close, and yes, if it's gotta be 56's driveway (I didn't know 56 lived in a artichoke field!), we'll make it happen!