Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Interesting..try to explain that gun fight to a child while driving by in a car.....I haven't heard of a "smart" bullet yet...a gun fight is a gun fight..thank goodness there were no collateral damage to innocent bystanders.
Unfortunately the world is changing and bad things happen to good, innocent, people..no matter where you travel....

Be safe
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Interesting..try to explain that gun fight to a child while driving by in a car.....I haven't heard of a "smart" bullet yet...a gun fight is a gun fight..thank goodness there were no collateral damage to innocent bystanders.
Unfortunately the world is changing and bad things happen to good, innocent, people..no matter where you travel....

Be safe
Yup, try explaining to a child why police officers were on the roof tops firing down at riders in a parking lot. The riders weren't the threat for stray bullets, the police officers were.
Anyway, I'll take my chances at a restaurant in Texas vs. any restaurant in Mexico or Canada for that matter. I know the Texans will be packing....
WeBRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viki View Post
Hi all,
Last year after my husband passed I decided to take early retirement penalty and do our dream of snowbirding and traveling. I kept our park model in Michigan, close to the kids for May-Oct. Made mistake and got a fifth wheel and truck instead of a MH. Did SC and Fl last winter. Want Texas or Arizona this year. I have Thousand Trails & Passport America. My biggest problem is alone I have a hard time backing in, hooking/unhooking & leveling 5th wheel. Usually can find a nice soul to give me a hand, I always make a thank you dessert or dinner. That causes me to want to stay put month or 2, I'm staying with the kids at their house until after Thanksgiving then heading South looking for is cheap monthly rate, warm weather, good verizon signal for cell & jet pack (internet), heated pool is a must I do aqua aerobics almost everyday, fishing close by would be great but I can go few months without going into withdrawal, dog friendly no size/breed restriction my old boy is a lil tubby close to 50lbs, some activities like bingo, pot lucks and dances would be nice, it can get lonely traveling alone in the evenings. TT has a great deal for members on their Rio Grand Encore resorts this winter under $500 month wt electric included. Narrowed it down to 2 then found out all 10 of the resorts in the Rio Grand are 55+ I'm only 48 :-(
Las Cruces, NM might be a good place for you to visit. Same type of climate as Tucson, AZ. Varied demographics as far as ages go. It's a university city, like Tucson. Sunny Acres RV Park is a nice place to stay, there are also other RV parks in the area.
Stay safe and happy motoring.....
Old 11-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #18
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBRVing View Post
Yup, try explaining to a child why police officers were on the roof tops firing down at riders in a parking lot. The riders weren't the threat for stray bullets, the police officers were.
Anyway, I'll take my chances at a restaurant in Texas vs. any restaurant in Mexico or Canada for that matter. I know the Texans will be packing....

Wonderful....

Travel safely
Old 11-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #19

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBRVing View Post

You sure don't want to come to Canada and have to eat out. There's absolutely no way to protect yourself. What do you do if someone looks at you the wrong way?
Scary!

Dave
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #20
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Watch out for the 9th Ward in New Orleans..besides the restaurants in Mexico and Canada.

Where ever you go...be safe.

NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans police say at least 10 people – and probably more – were wounded in an apparent shootout at a park in New Orleans’ 9th Ward.

Police spokesman Tyler Gamble says police were on their way to break up a big crowd when gunfire erupted at Bunny Friend Park.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
Unhappy Won't be going anywhere soon 5th got broke into

Went to storage to take more stuff over for trip few weeks ago. Someone tried to pick locks on door, looks like thief couldn't get it open from outside, pried open back window, tore out screen and got in through there. Used pry bar to open storage bays, breaking handles and locks on them. Ransacked inside and took anything worth any value. My clothes and stuff that wasn't taken is all over the place. They took DVDs, small appliances/electronics, cords, Chargers, satellite dish, laptop, heater, batteries out of bay, cut wires on batteries and to inverter and converter, but left them they costs twice what batteries and wires do combined. Had my 3 camp lanterns on table, turned on propane and tried to start propane wall heater. Now I'm wondering if it was homeless person trying to stay warm and rummaging though for stuff to steal, or teenagers planning on having a party spot this winter . If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all :-( Only good thing is they cut wires on batteries and couldn't open slide to get my flat screen, Bluray and ps4 and I had my cameras and external hard-drives with me so I have all my files, photos and videos. I have Progressive $500 deductible, they'll only pay up-to $500 per item unless item is listed with receipt or appraisal on policy. So I'm out over grand on satellite dish, plus they don't do full replacement cost, they do depreciated value. Waiting to see how much more I'm out :-( Rv shop should have it repaired by Dec 3rd, then when I get check I have to start replacing what I can. Not looking forward to being stuck in freezing cold Chicago for several extra weeks, although I'm enjoying spending time with my son and his girlfriend.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Watch out for the 9th Ward in New Orleans..besides the restaurants in Mexico and Canada.

Where ever you go...be safe.

NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans police say at least 10 people – and probably more – were wounded in an apparent shootout at a park in New Orleans’ 9th Ward.

Police spokesman Tyler Gamble says police were on their way to break up a big crowd when gunfire erupted at Bunny Friend Park.
I don't think that anyone on this board would be traveling through the 9th ward in New Orleans.

Watch out for New Brunswick, Canada too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Moncton_shootings

or the Alberta, Canada shootings:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayerthorpe_tragedy

or Ontario:
Everything We Know So Far About the Canadian Shooting Spree That Killed Three Women | VICE | United States
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #23
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
All tragic incidents, however, please don't try to compare each countries gun related killings.Unfortunely the USA will win hands down. I respect that the US citizens have the right to carry guns to protect themselves...that appears to be the US culture for some..rightly or wrongly.
I am this forum/ board I have no idea where the 9 th Ward is in New Orleans so please don't generalize everyone is as worldly as you. Please pardon for my lack of knowledge of New Orleans, but thank for the tip not to go to the 9th Ward.

The New Brunswick shooting was in 2014 and was an RCMP officer killed in the line of duty.
The Alberta shooting was in 2005 again RCMP officers were ambushed and killed while in the line of duty.
The Ontario shooting was due to a domestic issue.
To my knowledge Canada has never had a mass shooting like Sandy Hook Elementary school in 2012.
As I said before bad things happen to good innocent people all over the world.
Please be safe in your travels
Respectfully submitted.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viki View Post
Went to storage to take more stuff over for trip few weeks ago. Someone tried to pick locks on door, looks like thief couldn't get it open from outside, pried open back window, tore out screen and got in through there. Used pry bar to open storage bays, breaking handles and locks on them. Ransacked inside and took anything worth any value. My clothes and stuff that wasn't taken is all over the place. They took DVDs, small appliances/electronics, cords, Chargers, satellite dish, laptop, heater, batteries out of bay, cut wires on batteries and to inverter and converter, but left them they costs twice what batteries and wires do combined. Had my 3 camp lanterns on table, turned on propane and tried to start propane wall heater. Now I'm wondering if it was homeless person trying to stay warm and rummaging though for stuff to steal, or teenagers planning on having a party spot this winter . If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all :-( Only good thing is they cut wires on batteries and couldn't open slide to get my flat screen, Bluray and ps4 and I had my cameras and external hard-drives with me so I have all my files, photos and videos. I have Progressive $500 deductible, they'll only pay up-to $500 per item unless item is listed with receipt or appraisal on policy. So I'm out over grand on satellite dish, plus they don't do full replacement cost, they do depreciated value. Waiting to see how much more I'm out :-( Rv shop should have it repaired by Dec 3rd, then when I get check I have to start replacing what I can. Not looking forward to being stuck in freezing cold Chicago for several extra weeks, although I'm enjoying spending time with my son and his girlfriend.
So sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I hope your RV gets repaired soon and you're back on the road. The bright side is getting extra family time, as you mentioned. Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #25
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Another mass shooting ....San Bernardino

"From NBC news"
"This year, there have been more mass shootings — defined as incidents in which four or more victims are shot — than days in the calendar year. According to ShootingTracker.com, which tracks deaths by guns in America, the U.S. has seen 355 mass shootings so far in 2015".....why?
Thoughts and prayers are with the families in San Bernadino.😢😢
Old 12-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #26

southwest travels

My wife and I are traveling to Tucson for the first time in our new/used MH. We are staying at Rincon East for a month. Cost is $740 for the month of February plus electric. I really don't know if there is any age type restrictions. There is also a Rincon West location. My son says the east location has some good views of mountains. He lives in Tucson. We are traveling from Aurora IL. Going through Texas and stopping over for a couple nights in Dallas, San Antonio, Big Bend, etc. Looking forward to getting out of the cold.
john97618 is offline   Reply With Quote