Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That is a shame. I can't say I'm surprised but I was hoping for a better outcome. Hopefully things will still work out. We're still hoping they paid the sales tax on our coach and that we can get registration and license plates.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #30

http://rv-pro.com/news/mcmahons-ge-n...deadline-nears
Old 04-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We drove by Sand Canyon rv land land today, which McMahans had taken over, and it was just a grass field - NOTHING there. You couldn't even drive in there anymore. Whatever they had there is long gone.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecan1 View Post
Yes, we found the same thing. We have talked to a couple of them on their cell phones. Hopefully things will work out for them. The folks we dealt with in Palm Desert in sales, finance and service were all great to work with.
I put my American Eagle on consignment there two months ago. They made all kinds of promises on what they were going to do to sell it. They took it to one show.Never listed it on the internet. Talked to assistant Manager a week ago and said he had interested buyers to trust them. Now I find out he has been fired, No one will answer their cell phones. Trying to get my coach out of there. My problem is I live 300 miles away in central California. The manager Gary is supposed to be calling me back and tell me when i can meet to go get it. It is at the Palm Desert Location I hope.
Jerry z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #33

But wait, there's more!

http://rvdailyreport.com/opinion/mcm...comment-356666
Old 04-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow and holy smokes that's incredible! I'm guessing the people running that thing are a bunch of crooks. That's the only way you get that far out of whack.

I worked for a guy like that when I came to California. We were building a nationwide collection agency for the property management industry and about halfway into it he started taking the client's share of monies collected out of the trust account. He remodeled his house, bought a Porsche, bought all kinds of fancy stuff, and then borrowed from a really shady character that ended up taking the company away from him. I was 1200 miles away and unknowing of all the shenanigans going on.

So a year after moving away from family and friends and having bought a house I was out of a job. Nice. Really nice. Then he proceeded to proposition my wife for sex during a local business meeting, he being 'out of town' and all. What a schmuck. Still today he can't quite understand why we loathe him and do not care to ever talk to him. He's still great buddies with my sister whom also worked for him.

Egads. Are we ever glad to be out of all that. And yes, we survived, but it put us into bankruptcy some 17 years ago. It was a miracle we were able to buy a motorhome almost 10 years ago.

I hope there's some resolution for any affected here, but it sure doesn't look or sound very good.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #35

Mc Mahon's

There are some good people at Mc Mahon's. One of which is Ray Clark and Gary the assistant manger. Glen the manager would say he would call back but never did. He would communicate only by email. Gary finally called back and said he could get it released for me. Not even knowing if it was there and what shape it was in, Chile Rick was nice enough to go by and find it and take pictures for me. I called a consignment company out of Orange county that is opening and new store in Gilbert Az. He said he could send a driver to get it at any time and any day. He was willing to drive his tow vehicle himself to get. It all finally worked out and the driver met Gary yesterday morning picked it up and drove it to Arizona. I was also very lucky as it seems to be in good condition, and received all my paperwork back including titles and records. That was thanks to Gary for being a stand up guy and and getting it done for me. He is no longer a employee and did it as a favor trying to do the right thing. Ray Clark was also a big help doing what he could. I feel very sorry for the employees there as they seem to be very honest people. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.
Jerry z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good news Jerry. That's kind of scary. Even with a court order or injunction to stop activity, getting your rig back could have taken weeks or months.

There are lots of companies with really good people, and founders and owners that are absolute crooks. And sometimes it's the other way around.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad to hear Jerry and recognition to ChileRick for assisting. A true RVer always willing to help!! I'm guessing my sales tax payment is caught up in this. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #38

I bought our beautiful black Winnebago 35f Vista last April from Ray Clark at the Palm Desert store. Of all the sales persons I've dealt with in buying all types of vehicles Ray is at the very top of my list. Like to think it just wasn't for the sale but a true sign of his character. Still have his cell on speed dial. We in fact have many interests in common. He said he'd be retired by now. He was going to buy a Winnebago Tour and travel the entire country. If he hasn't bought it yet I hope he doesn't buy it from McMahons.

Manny Molina
So Cal Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #39

Help McMahons Westminster Location is holding our RV Hostage in their Service Departm

Hi: I am new to this forum but am desperate for help regarding McMahons. Our 5th wheel was in for warranty service for the refridg. We were told about 10 days ago new refridg. was in but still waiting on one small piece. Now place is closed and we can't get our 5th wheel out of there. I see that someone was able to speak to someone and get theirs back. If anyone has a contact number of some of the employees that can help us - please e-mail me at borzonefamily@me.com. Thank you!! Donna Borzone
BorzoneBoys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:56 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Brett McMahon needs to have the cuffs slapped on him and thrown in jail for GRAND THEFT.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
We drove by Sand Canyon rv land land today, which McMahans had taken over, and it was just a grass field - NOTHING there. You couldn't even drive in there anymore. Whatever they had there is long gone.

This has been closed for over a year, they moved to Garden Grove off of the 22 and 405 freeways.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #42

Portfolio warranty

Hey I just read this post and I too bought a rig August 2013 from Macmahon's and they sold be a Portfolio warranty. I never received any confirmation either. All I have is the receipt for the purchase. I will call Portfolio and see what is the deal.
armenmmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping