RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #1

Question Seeking RV Rental in San Diego Area June 8-18, 2012

We are looking for a small (<25') RV or a decent-sized campervan / minibus to rent for our family trip to Yosemite June 8-18, 2012. We rented a 30' RV from an individual last year for a similar trip to Mammoth, but it was a lot more RV than we needed so would like to find something smaller for this trip. I have looked at some of the larger rental companies, but all get such terrible reviews that I would prefer to rent from an individual if possible and (hopefully) get something that is well-cared for. [But if anyone knows of any good rental companies, let me know!!]

We are looking for a recent model/reliable, in good, clean condition, and would prefer one with TV and DVD player (it's a long drive for the young 'uns

We are a family of four (2 girls, ages nearly 3 and 5). Our kids are well behaved & aren't destructive (and note that we are meeting friends in Yosemite and do group meals together outside, so wouldn't be doing much eating within vehicle... my family had a camper growing up and I once spilled grape juice on the seat, so I can relate to wanting to avoid kid messes . We own our home and a small business, are very responsible and reliable, have excellent driving records, and as I mentioned, we rented a larger RV last year so are familiar with driving one, care, etc. We are happy to provide references, and of course have car insurance and will get an insurance rider specific for this rental. We live in Bay Park (near Mission Bay) and could pick up and return vehicle if reasonably close.

If you have a vehicle that you are interested in renting, please reply ASAP (we'll have to go the company route if we don't find something else quickly!) to melaknee7 at yahoo.com. Please include a brief description of your vehicle and cost to rent, and, if possible, photos. I'd like to include everything up front in the cost-- I've noticed some places have extra fees for everything, generator use, hoses, rear view mirrors (ok, just kidding on the last one but it seems that way some places . You can assume we'll be driving no more than about 1,200 miles (Yosemite 4 days, Bass Lake 3 days), will dump gray tanks and fill water, and return with full gas (and we are happy to formalize all those types of agreements in contract). We can clean it on return, or if you have a regular cleaning company, that's even better and we can include the cleaning charge in the rental cost.

Thanks very much in advance-- I'm crossing my fingers that this works out!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #2

Temecula Valley Rv in Temecula Ca will take care of you.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check Craigslist. Several individuals rent their coaches there.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Note that the OP was looking for a rental this past June.

Closed Thread