Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to garytut&twooie Send a message via Skype™ to garytut&twooie
Any late 50's to early 60's Full Timers?

Most groups we've met so far have a majority of older folks and I'd like to find out if there are any younger full timers out there?
garytut&twooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytut&twooie View Post
Most groups we've met so far have a majority of older folks and I'd like to find out if there are any younger full timers out there?
There are a few of us out there. I've met two other 50 something couples in the past month.

We decided to go full time when we were still had good health. Life is short!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not yet, but that's due to my step daughter dying and leaving us with two grandkids to raise. The oldest has left now and the youngest (14) just started high school. Problem is I'm 67 and the DW is 66 and in poor health so we may never make it to full timing!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
You are full-timing, but as grandparents. We can only hope that we will be called that someday. What an honor, we would be proud to meet you folks someday! Bruce & Judy
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Me at 61 and the DW at 51. Had a medical scare recently that made us realize, "life is too short."
Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to garytut&twooie Send a message via Skype™ to garytut&twooie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Not yet, but that's due to my step daughter dying and leaving us with two grandkids to raise. The oldest has left now and the youngest (14) just started high school. Problem is I'm 67 and the DW is 66 and in poor health so we may never make it to full timing!

I am so sorry for your loss. I too would be honored to meet you. It takes special people to step up when a tragedy happens and your lives are turned upside down. God bless you and guide you on this new unexpected road.
Gary and Marian Hill
garytut&twooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am 57 and my wife is 58, we are 3/4 time as my wife needs time at "home" so we come off the road 1 month out of every 4. The rest of the time we are on a continuous circle between our 3 children, 6 grandchildren, and extended family plus places we want to see.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Im 57 dw is 52. She had a stroke in 2010 so i retired were almost full time. Spend about 4 to 6 weeks a year at home split spring and summer rest of the time gone in mh
rollingslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #9

I am 57 and full time with my two dogs. As others have said, life's too short. Just arrived on the Oregon coast from upstate NY a few weeks ago. Planning to stay put through the winter - getting used to being a beach bum!
milestogoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #10

Smile Late 50's-60's Full Timers

I am 63 and my husband will be 60. We are FT's, but not on the road yet. Our change was not planed as they say sometimes life throws you a punch, well we got it and now love our little home.:greetings 10:
Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Beginning late spring this year we will be. I'm 54 and DW is 55. S&B goes up for sale here shortly and as soon as that's done we are Mobile. Never thought I'd say I'd be looking forward to being homeless
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We will be 57 and 59 this summer when we go FullTime. We still FEEL young. Does that count? \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #13

DW and I retired in 2004. I at 55, her at 48. We sold everything, moved onto a boat and spent 10yrs in the Keys, and Bahamas. Friends called us crazy, including one who suffered a severe heart issue, and will never be able to live his dreams. Best decision we ever made. Have now moved to a class A to stsrt a new adventure. Had to change our lifestyle, but we've loved it. Don't let age stop you.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #14

I'm 57 DH 47. Both Corp.America for 30 yrs. Selling home in NH and going full time in June. Yes life is too short. Cya all on the road!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time