Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bookdocking near Snohomish, WA

Doesn't have to be right there, also what is there to do? I like waterfalls and hiking.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A good place to start is All Washington RV Parks and Campground Map

The Gifford Pinchot National Forest and the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest surround the National Park. You could get the Motor Vehicle Use Maps from them to see if there are boondocking locations that might suit your needs.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #3

There is a cool "former" campground called Buck Creek up in the park that is a good spot. Has lots of room and is located on a airstrip called Ranger creek airfield. Totally off the grid. Absolutly no hookups and or facilities.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #4

We like Taidnapam on SR 12, west of the park. It is on the lake (reservoir), has a new section (about 2011) that will handle larger campers, some utilities. It is operated by Tacoma City Light. Yes they take reervations.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:53 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphy87 View Post
There is a cool "former" campground called Buck Creek up in the park that is a good spot.
You made me curious, so I liked for it.

http://Buck Creek Campground<br /> <...s/mkpYpvE4Aku/
Old 07-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

As this campground was discontinued by the state many years ago, there isn't a ton of useful info on the web about it. The best info I found is here: Buck Creek Campsites - Ranger Creek Airstrip - camping in Washington

The airstrip is still very much in use and info for it can be found here: https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/Al...CreekState.htm

As far as the camping goes, there is a lot of good spots. It backs up to the white river and is right off of hwy 410 before the crystal mountain gate. I've seen Class A's in there before however it is a snug fit to get in on the road into the camping area. And since the spots aren't really dictated any more you have to kind of make up a spot.

Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #7

Find the area National Forest office and they can give/sell national forest maps. I've also found them to be very helpful about steering me to places where I can boondock. Of course if you're over 62 you can by a lifetime parks pass for $10. The parks pass will get you 1/2 price at most National Forest campgrounds (or you can boondock for free).

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I ended up paying. We stayed at Verlot Campground. No hookups, but a great spot. $18 a night. We hiked Lake Twenty Two.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Great area and I hope to return this spring.
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote