Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Looking for a tire dealer that participates in the FMCA discount

Anyone suggest a tire dealer in Washington or Oregon that participates in the FMCA tire discount program?

I have a 2002 Monaco and the back 6 tires are 9 years old, great tread and no sidewall cracks or splits only about 8000 miles on them.

A question I hear with these heavy RVs you should change your tires after 10 years no mater how good they look.
A truck driver said he would run them till the tread is wore down to low height,
I bought a TPM system to keep an eye on them so anyone got any advice weather I should run these or get new ones.
Thanks,Dave
Davidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Les Schwab
Superior Tire
Are two that I know of. I had to use Les Schwab in Junction City because none of the others would work with the SmarTire TPMS system my MH came with.
Michelin says to have the tires professionally inspected ever year starting at five years and absolutely replace them at 10 years. I ran mine 9 years and they still looked great both inside and outside.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I start looking to buy new tires at seven years from DOT date on tires, irregardless of how good they look.

I have been a Michelin buyer in the past, paying the premium price. However I think that several tire manufacturers have closed the quality gap. Toyo, Continental, Yokahama, Bridgestone, Firestone I considered earlier this year. I bought Firestone FS590 for over $1000 less than Michelin on the FMCA program. After about 12,000 miles on them already - very pleased.

I sell my old tires on Craigslist for $50-$100 per tire, condition depending. Truckers will readily buy them for trailer tires.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Simple tire has a 10% coupon right now until the 19 Sep

https://simpletire.com/
Old 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I did my lat set on the A with Les Schwab in Prineville Or. No sales tax and the main warehouse is there for the freshest tires. Don't know if they have the dicount but would think they are competitive, a call never hurts.

LEN
Old 09-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your advice and info, Dave
Davidv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer