Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmm.. Yellowstone and Glacier. We're going to Yellowstone but not until late July. Flathead lake is incredible too (on the way to Glacier). As for TV, maybe bring some nice DVDs to watch or connect an iPod with some movies you've downloaded? An alternative also could be to park your rig @ the park and spend a night in the Great Wolf Lodge nearby and its incredible water park. St. Helens and several other interesting places are also nearby.

We've penciled it in on our calendar.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, Jon: We already have a manual Weingard Satellite Dish on our '00 Fleetwood Pace Arrow, although we haven't used it (yet) - we usually stay at parks with cable and haven't figured out how the satellite dish works. Do we really need a mobile satellite system if we already have a dish on our rooftop? What would a mobile sat. system cost including installation, and is there a monthly fee for using it (like with Dish or Direct TV)? Thanks.
Jim and Susan
Merlin, OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Larry, hope ya got my e-mail. if our Ole' Koot doesn't sell before then Colleen an I will be there and our cat Cassie. looks like we will be the only vintage. lol.

Outlaw
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw45 View Post
Larry, hope ya got my e-mail. if our Ole' Koot doesn't sell before then Colleen an I will be there and our cat Cassie. looks like we will be the only vintage. lol.

Outlaw
Your covered John, Rita and I are looking forward to seeing the two (3 forgot Cassie) So far we have 11 coaches, a BBQ and a magician.
I will be sending an e-mail Newsletter after the New Year.
What ever they offer for "Ole Koot, Tell them you need to take one last trip.

Larry and Rita
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
yeah, like that will happen.lol. I'llt take the money an run. no, nothing is really wrong with the unit. anyways, glad to hear there are 11 so far. hopefully there will be more. does jon have a dump station at all there?
if we get to go I think we will come down on the 10th if jon is ok with that. can you find out?
well everybody I hope ya all have a great holiday an a happy new year.

Outlaw
Old 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #62

National RV Owners Club
QUOTE=Larry & Rita;1032870]Northwest Meet & Greet. 2012
Lets plan on May 11 till 14
Place: Brazel's RV Centralia Washington 3912 Harrison Ave.Centralia, WA98531
Send me an e-mail address, Names and number attending.
Be aware Brazel’s RV has water and electric, but no at site sewer.
As soon as I get a handle on how many coaches will be at the M & G I will call and reserve the spaces. Or I might drive up and talk to Jon.
Oh yea, the best part is Jon said we could use the park for free.
Get me some info ASAP and lets put a nail in the lid and we can start to make plans for fun
Larry and Rita
simigrandpa@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Just emailed you with our names and length of coach...a rally with be a first for us...dive in I say.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw45 View Post
yeah, like that will happen.lol. I'llt take the money an run. no, nothing is really wrong with the unit. anyways, glad to hear there are 11 so far. hopefully there will be more. does jon have a dump station at all there?
if we get to go I think we will come down on the 10th if jon is ok with that. can you find out?
well everybody I hope ya all have a great holiday an a happy new year.

Outlaw
John
The park has a dump station at the east end of the park with a large turning path.
Nothin wrong with the 10th.

Larry
Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #64

Gulf Streamers Club
If M.E. doesn't trade me in down here in the Baja.......count us in. I sent Larry a note , but to be sure I'll put a message in here as well. Will be more definite once we leave Mexico.........March-April. All the best to those from the last M/G...John
jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #65

Larry:

If things go well enough, we'll be there, but I might not be able to commit until maybe a month before.

I had an interesting week last week. I'd been having occasional chest pain when walking our Labrador. Monday morning, I had to sit down about 15 minutes from home (outbound) to get my breath.

Made a doctor's appointment for Tuesday morning at 08:30. After an EKG and a lot of stethoscope listening, the doc went off to "consult". I got a big surprise when she came back and said "Go pack a bag for two nights in hospital. Drive up to Bellingham and go to St. Joseph's hospital, Check in at the ER."

We got to the hospital about noon. I was in the OR by 15:00 and had four stents installed. Two arteries were 90% blocked and the other two were 50%. I was released Thursday morning. Isn't modern medicine amazing?

Doing fine now, gradually building back to my normal activity levels. I'll be joining a cardiac rehab program at our local hospital.

DW has maintained for a couple of years that I have sleep apnea, but I've never persued it. While I was on a respiratory monitor at the hospital, it kept flagging "apnea" on the display, about every 5 minutes. That's the next issue to be resolved.

I'll keep you posted.

Frank
Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #66

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I had two customers today I told about it and they said they would be contacting Larry and joining us!

We might be needing another RV park here soon!!!
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #67

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
Larry:

If things go well enough, we'll be there, but I might not be able to commit until maybe a month before.

I had an interesting week last week. I'd been having occasional chest pain when walking our Labrador. Monday morning, I had to sit down about 15 minutes from home (outbound) to get my breath.

Made a doctor's appointment for Tuesday morning at 08:30. After an EKG and a lot of stethoscope listening, the doc went off to "consult". I got a big surprise when she came back and said "Go pack a bag for two nights in hospital. Drive up to Bellingham and go to St. Joseph's hospital, Check in at the ER."

We got to the hospital about noon. I was in the OR by 15:00 and had four stents installed. Two arteries were 90% blocked and the other two were 50%. I was released Thursday morning. Isn't modern medicine amazing?

Doing fine now, gradually building back to my normal activity levels. I'll be joining a cardiac rehab program at our local hospital.

DW has maintained for a couple of years that I have sleep apnea, but I've never persued it. While I was on a respiratory monitor at the hospital, it kept flagging "apnea" on the display, about every 5 minutes. That's the next issue to be resolved.

I'll keep you posted.

Frank
Glad you took the advice!!
My boss went to the DR. on Friday, was told much the same thing. He told DR. he'd go right after the the convention next week. He died Monday about 11:00am. He was fine when his wife and her sister went out in the yard. When they came in about 15 min later he was gone.

I have sleep apnea, now on my third CPAP over the last 25 years. Get it checked out. I had the surgery first, it didn't work so I had to go to the CPAP anyway.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Holy Cow guys!!!! Were falling apart.
Frank, if they had had stents while I was having heart problems, they could have saved me about 16 weeks of my hospital stays. (5 heart attacks, 2 triple by-passses, and finally a stent.) latley I have had Colon-rectal cancer, two hernias, I'm lucky to be alive but I'm cancer free now and feeling great.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
OK Northwest - Let's Do It Again in 2012 - Mobile Sat Sys. for TV viewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBrazel View Post
How about we get your coach set up with a mobile satellite system while you are here?? Then you can get TV pretty much anywhere!
Thanks, Jon: We already have a manual Weingard Satellite Dish on our '00 Fleetwood Pace Arrow, although we haven't used it (yet) - we usually stay at parks with cable and haven't figured out how the satellite dish works. Do we really need a mobile satellite system if we already have a dish on our rooftop? What would a mobile sat. system cost including installation, and is there a monthly fee for using it (like with Dish or Direct TV)? Thanks.
Jim and Susan
Merlin, OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #70

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I'll be honest, I don't know much about the sat systems but I do believe you can use your manual system but you would need to pay a monthly subscription to dish our direct and with the manual you have to dial in your signal each time you want to use it. I can find out more info and let you know.
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote