Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:53 AM   #1

RV Parking near Safeco Field, Seattle

Hello,
My family and I will be taking a trip to the North West US this Summer. After a few days in Olympic National Park, we would like to visit Seattle and go to a Mariners game at Safeco Field. Does anyone know of any good places to park the RV in/near Seattle while we spend time in the city and attend a game at Safeco? It would just be for the day. After the game (7:10pm start), we are headed south toward Crater Lake.

We have 42' motorhome with a toad.

Thanks in Advance.
Mike
mmccarvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #2

I'm a SAFECO agent on the road in our own coach, Congrats!

I would suggest checking with the stadium parking management(call the number below)...

Heck, they may even let you arrive the day before and spend the night there, it never hurts to ask, especially if you are a game attendee.

"Charter bus parking is available by reservation only by calling 206-346-4001 at least 10 business days in advance of the game."

good luck...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
You might want to look at Dash Point SP, very nice large spaces and close to Seattle. I spent just over a week there last year.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
You might want to look at Dash Point SP, very nice large spaces and close to Seattle. I spent just over a week there last year.
If you stay at Dash Point, you could go up the hill and take light rail to the game. It may be crowded on game night , but it beats the parking and traffic downtown.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #5

Dash point, or koa in Kent.
I would NOT drive a MH into downtown Seattle!!!!
Traffic SUCKS here in Seattle, post game will be ugly.
The Sounder train runs on game day.
1 train I believe 25 mim. after the game ends.
If you miss it, you take the bus & figure 2 hours to get south, with a few transfers.
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #6

There used to be an area dedicated for tailgating during sport events. I don't support that city or county due to their politics, so I do not have contacts or details for you.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
There used to be an area dedicated for tailgating during sport events. I don't support that city or county due to their politics, so I do not have contacts or details for you.
'

Thanks so much for sharing.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #8

Hi Mike. New to this forum and you happened to ask the same question I was going to ask. We are going to the Mariners vs Jays games on June 9, 10 and 11. On the 11th we need a place to park our Truck and 27' trailer. Any luck on finding a solution? Thanks!
gregjbraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #9

Maybe this will help?

https://www.parkme.com/seattle-parking
Old 04-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Not one suitable for a class A & toad, OP was looking for camping space.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #11

There are dedicated Seahawk tailgating locations identified by ParkMe. It appears that the Mariners do enjoy as much celebration, but maybe these location are still available to oversized vehicles. Rather than discourage the OP from attempting to park in a congested and expensive city, I am offering alternatives where it will be safe. Seattle has large homeless RV population that finds parking in the city, but I would not suggest those areas.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #12

Quote:
There are dedicated Seahawk tailgating locations identified by ParkMe.
Where do you see the tailgating locations on parkme.com?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #13

Safeco and CenturyLink fields are right next to each other. At the bottom of this link are the locations for Seahawk tailgating: https://www.parkme.com/seattle-parki...turylink-field

Perhaps checking out the fan pages for the Mariners and Seahawks and posting a question about RV parking will also get you some locations of which I am unaware.

Personally, I would take my truck camper (about 25' overall length and 13' height) into the city, but I would not bring a trailer in to Seattle or a vehicle over 30'. Be aware of the grades in downtown Seattle (between the the sport fields and Lake Union). The inclines should not be an issue, but the break over angles at intersections may cause you to tail drag or high center. Follow the public busses or commercial trucks if you make a wrong turn since truck routes are not well marked.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Safeco and CenturyLink fields are right next to each other. At the bottom of this link are the locations for Seahawk tailgating: https://www.parkme.com/seattle-parki...turylink-field
That site says:
  1. North Lot - Seattle Seahawks season ticket holders have the privilege of parking and tailgating at this lot.
  2. Hawk Heaven Lot - This lot is the most popular lot for tailgating since there is usually more leniency when it comes to tailgate policies. If you want to tailgate at this lot you will have to arrive early as this is the first lot to fill up.
  3. Seattle Safeways - Safeway is a big supporter of the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Safeways allow tailgating on Seahawks game days from 8am to the end of kick off time.
Their link for "North Lot" goes to their page for the King Street Center Garage, and their link for "Hawk Heaven Lot" doesn't go to a specific lot at all.