Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Oklahoma Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:18 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
First stop, Woodward OK

Getting ready for our first trip this year to a family reunion in Woodward Oklahoma. Then on to either Amarillo TX or up to Dodge city KS have not decided yet. Thought about going to the RV museum in TX or Boot hill in KS then swing back home. Then get ready for St louis (another family thing) then to the Mississippi river north until we run out of time. return home so some one can get ready for the school year.

Going thru the check list of maintenance things on MH to get ready.

1. re-caulked roof
2. install backup camera
3. fix shower door
4. install ARP on fridge
5. grease
6. change oil and filter
7. fix leaky stinky valve
8. install stinky slinky hose compartment attached to rear bumper.
9. install new refer vent cover
10. install new refer vent door, (plastic molding had cracks from old age)

I think that does it. Was thinking it had been awhile that the OKIE boomers thread was posted on, I decided to bring it back alive this morning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sounds like a good time to be had, beats waiting for a new truck to show up, no spring camping for us this year, just a mad scramble to get ready for our summer trip.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yes, on the scramble. Today I decided to put new shocks on the RV, one on the front has an oil leak. I will leave the backs until next year. I still have 6 weeks to get ready.

A new Ram I see, we still have the 2004 1500. It has been a good truck with 163K on her. Hope you will not be waiting to long

Dan,
Old 04-04-2016, 12:07 AM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Dan and Tom for waking up the ole Okie story book, been a long time since there has been any reading on here.

I am still living in my motorhome in the drive in OKC, various kinfolk are living in the house. It has been nice having two warm winters in a row, yall take care and have fun, Warren
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:03 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hi Warren, That's what I was thinking also about it being a long time seeing any posting. Yes, the winters have been pleasant around here, I grew up in central NY lived in Vermont, NH, MASS then on to NC for a few years before returning to the snow belt in Chicago ILL A job offer took me south again into Missouri, retired, sold the place in Missouri and moved farther south and here I am in Oklahoma. Well that is the short story anyway.

I do enjoy the winter down here much better while drifting into the golden years.

Dan,
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I think our last winter in Florida might have been better here in OK. Seems like wherever we go they always say " it's never been that bad here before", guess we take it with us!

Hi Warren, glad to hear you are still kicking, so to speak. And Dan, there isn't no "drifting" into those golden years, it's all about kicking and screaming! LOL.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Racer View Post
I think our last winter in Florida might have been better here in OK. Seems like wherever we go they always say " it's never been that bad here before", guess we take it with us!.
Now we know whom too blame, can you see the cloud following you?

New shocks coming Thursday for the MH, fond a leaky one when inspecting the front last week. Always something. At one time I could change them in an hour, now it is an all morning project. It could be better planning on my part as I intend preforming the grease job while I am under there. Then as long as I am changing the shocks I might as well change the steering damper. (was on sale with shocks)
Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Installed the new socks and front stabilizer when I noticed the brake hydro booster had a leak . So off to the shop and have that repaired.

I got her back and installed sway bar bushings. All the fixes have made a big difference in the way it handles. Now to give her a bath, waxing and load up too take off at end of month.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
New truck is here, hitch, fuel tank, tailgate, and mudflaps are in, steps are on back order, that sucks. Going to hitch up tomorrow and see how everything looks. check lights and all that good stuff, be time for a short pull before long.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Racer View Post
New truck is here, hitch, fuel tank, tailgate, and mudflaps are in, steps are on back order, that sucks. Going to hitch up tomorrow and see how everything looks. check lights and all that good stuff, be time for a short pull before long.

I have a 2004 Ram 1500. was thinking about getting a newer one until the oil paycheck dropped. 160K and running strong, looks like a keeper for awhile.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Update on trip to Woodward OK

We did make the trip out to Woodward and back last summer. Visited the family homestead that the relatives settled during the Oklahoma land rush. They traveled out in a covered wagon in the 1800s. The home and barn still are standing. Although it was last lived in in the late 70s they still have it powered up and the fridge is still working. The great grandmother kept a journal her entire life and documented the trip when they left Kansas.