RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Oklahoma Boomers
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Newbie Here

Hi all,

Just checking in and saying "HI", new to the forum...haven't even updated my profile. Joined because a friend recommend the site for information gathering and sharing. The hubs and I are only relatively new to RV'ing. We are on our second TT and second TV since March of 2017. We bought the lightest, least expensive TT that got us out camping and put about 4500 miles on our truck the first year towing to different destinations to camp with our family and close friends. We live in Coweta Ok and go on as many weekend trips around NEO as possible when we are not winterized Looking forward to spring and our first long trip of many for the season, kicking it off in Galveston.
__________________

clroberts001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
foretexas's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 134
Welcome, we have been going for about 5 years now. Absolutely love it.
__________________

__________________
Tim & Lori
1998 Monaco Windsor
c8.3 Mechanical Cummins
Allison MD3060
foretexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foretexas View Post
Welcome, we have been going for about 5 years now. Absolutely love it.
Going to Galveston? We go a LOT, but have only camped there twice; with next spring break being our third. We have friends/family that live south of Houston that we like to see as much as we can. We have stayed at Stella Mare and Jamaica Beach and returning to Stella Mare next year.
clroberts001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Lifemember's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bartlesville Oklahoma
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by clroberts001 View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in and saying "HI", new to the forum...haven't even updated my profile. Joined because a friend recommend the site for information gathering and sharing. The hubs and I are only relatively new to RV'ing. We are on our second TT and second TV since March of 2017. We bought the lightest, least expensive TT that got us out camping and put about 4500 miles on our truck the first year towing to different destinations to camp with our family and close friends. We live in Coweta Ok and go on as many weekend trips around NEO as possible when we are not winterized Looking forward to spring and our first long trip of many for the season, kicking it off in Galveston.

Belated welcome, Spring is here and I have not checked in with this forum in awhile. Activity level is a little low. We are North of you in Ochelata OK. We mostly camp in the local COE taking a trip once or twice a year to Woodward and visit family and property we own. Then head north to Missouri to visit family.
__________________
1996 Damon DayBreak 454 P37 Chassis
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jean n Steve's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Choctaw, OK
Posts: 194
New guy here, too.
Don't mean to hijack but there wasn't much activity so I didn't make my own thread.
__________________
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Lifemember's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bartlesville Oklahoma
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean n Steve View Post
New guy here, too.
Don't mean to hijack but there wasn't much activity so I didn't make my own thread.
Welcome, I don't think it will be a problem Activity on this forum is low. I have not logged on in a while myself. Winterized the MH last Nov. and went into winter mode myself

Dan & Ronda...
__________________
1996 Damon DayBreak 454 P37 Chassis
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jean n Steve's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Choctaw, OK
Posts: 194
Good deal. I hate to be "that guy". <grin>

So what is it we want from this forum? Being new RVers, ourselves, we don't offer much just yet!
__________________
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Lifemember's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bartlesville Oklahoma
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean n Steve View Post
Good deal. I hate to be "that guy". <grin>

So what is it we want from this forum? Being new RVers, ourselves, we don't offer much just yet!
At one time (from reading the forum) they held meet and greats at different campgrounds in Oklahoma. It had more of an organization too it. Before my Time on this forum. As the group aged I guess they disappeared. From time to time some of the old posters re-appear.

Finding hidden gems around the state to camp in and reporting on the experience is always helpful. We tend to stay with State parks and COE's. Favoring the COE's. I get a 50% discount helps with that choice.

Have you ever RVed before? Camped? Rv's can be interesting. I have had several. Keeping it well maintained is the key. Sometimes I think I work on it more then camp with it
__________________
1996 Damon DayBreak 454 P37 Chassis
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jean n Steve's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Choctaw, OK
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
At one time (from reading the forum) they held meet and greats at different campgrounds in Oklahoma. It had more of an organization too it. Before my Time on this forum. As the group aged I guess they disappeared. From time to time some of the old posters re-appear.

Finding hidden gems around the state to camp in and reporting on the experience is always helpful. We tend to stay with State parks and COE's. Favoring the COE's. I get a 50% discount helps with that choice.

Have you ever RVed before? Camped? Rv's can be interesting. I have had several. Keeping it well maintained is the key. Sometimes I think I work on it more then camp with it
That's what I figured. I would hope we might share the hidden gems and horror stories.

We bought our first RV 4-5 weeks ago and she's been sitting in the driveway getting learned. We leave for our first camping trip this afternoon, actually! Our maiden voyage will be down to Sulphur and the Chickasaw NRA. Too bad the weather is going to bite us, but a bad day camping...

Steve
__________________
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lifemember's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bartlesville Oklahoma
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean n Steve View Post
That's what I figured. I would hope we might share the hidden gems and horror stories.

We bought our first RV 4-5 weeks ago and she's been sitting in the driveway getting learned. We leave for our first camping trip this afternoon, actually! Our maiden voyage will be down to Sulphur and the Chickasaw NRA. Too bad the weather is going to bite us, but a bad day camping...

Steve

We bought the motor home three years ago selling the TT that we had. Our first camping trip was in the driveway getting to know the location of stuff. Anything we forgot to load up was a short walk back to the S&B.

We make weekend trips to Birch cove COE or up to Canny COE. When Ronda is out of school we take off for weeks at a time. Our first trip is in June out to Woodward OK. Ronda has a family reunion and we own a half section of land near there.

I will be pulling the MH out soon and getting her ready for this years adventures. Clean it , wax it, oil change , the usual stuff to start the camping season.


Happy trails on your maiden voyage to Sulphur. The NRA looks like an interesting place. Let me know how the fishing is
__________________

__________________
1996 Damon DayBreak 454 P37 Chassis
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
newbie



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi All, newbie here from southwest Florida, please to see so much activity here MAINE BOY New Member Check-In 7 02-14-2018 09:32 AM
Well I am a newbie here RUNDLC Monaco Owner's Forum 17 10-31-2015 10:40 AM
Newbie to forum, newbie to rv'ing, and I have a newbie problem last_lemming Class B Motorhome Discussions 36 09-06-2012 06:14 PM
Here we go, here we are Wolfpack Fan iRV2.com General Discussion 6 05-01-2011 11:11 AM
Hi Folks, Newbie Here Roadwander New Member Check-In 6 12-19-2008 06:02 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.