Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Oklahoma Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ok ya'all

I know its winter, Christmas is just over and new years isn't here yet BUT, lets start thinking about April 13-15. Would someone like to step forward and pick a spot for this weekend? Remember, the plus side to this is that you get to pick the place (read, close to home). Anyway, start thinking about it. If you know of anyone that likes to camp be sure and invite them, more the merrier!

Happy New Year!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ok ya'all

I know its winter, Christmas is just over and new years isn't here yet BUT, lets start thinking about April 13-15. Would someone like to step forward and pick a spot for this weekend? Remember, the plus side to this is that you get to pick the place (read, close to home). Anyway, start thinking about it. If you know of anyone that likes to camp be sure and invite them, more the merrier!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #3

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Is your yard close enough! LOL
bugeater58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, the hookup thingy might be a problem but I've got the room.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
What about Wildwood COE park on Gibson?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom, all you need to do is stick a dummie water spigot on a 4x4 and add a dummie electrical box and you are good to go. Just don't tell anyone that it is not hooked up to anything....
Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I could see that working for the the "Okies" and the folks south or the Red River but us Huskers are smarter than that. That's why we have the "N" on our helmets. It stands for nowledge.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bugeater58:
What about Wildwood COE park on Gibson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Whoa, is that an offer I hear? Sure sounds like it. Wildwood, that is the one we went to last year, Okiecats favorite. Works for me, what say the rest. Maybe I can keep up with my keys this time.

Ken, I have a funny feeling they'd notice but if I collect the money upfront it might give me time to get away.

"nowledge" Humm...I always wondered what that "N" stood for. Thanks for the enlightenment there Mike.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #9

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Tom, are we still going to Wildwood? Havn't seen any different ideas yet.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I'll tell you what Mike, Lets put a period on it and do it. Lets make it official and go to Wildwood on Ft Gibson for April 13th through the 15th. Time to get with the program!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 AM   #11

Hey y'all!! I see you are making reservations at Wildwood. Tom I wouldn't exactly call it my "favorite" but it was OK. Our real favorite close to home spots are at Skiatook, the COE Twin Points campground.

So are you planning to stay on that little loop at Wildwood or go for the the lake front campsites? If we go, our vote will be for the lake front... so Jimmy can take his Sea Eagle out and fish a little easier than last time.

I'll be watching this thread and maybe this trip will work out for us. We have a wedding to attend in Texas later in April so this might be just fine. I better get our taxes done by then. LOL
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Cat, I already picked a spot but feel free to stay anywhere that will work best for ya. I'm a creature of habit I guess, when I find a spot that works I just keep going back to the same one. The park's not that large so go for it.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #13

OK the best we could do is plan for Jimmy to take off at noon on the 13th, since we are taking a longer trip a few weeks later. I guess that will have to do. It's close to home so that makes it nicer when you can't have a full day off on Friday.

So Tom what site did you reserve? I'll reserve ours in the next day or so.
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Cat, I have #2 but like I said up above, feel free to pick what ever one will work the best for you. Glad you'all can make it.