Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
While some of us may be hussling and busling(sp) for xmas, I prefer to look forward to '05's camping season!! Sooooooo, I thought it would be nice to begin to throw around various places we want to go. We can start to figure out what activities might be going on at different places, will we need a long weekend to get there, will we need to make reservations early, etc.
In no particular order, I would like to get to Mackinaw, Mi., whatever that place in W. Va. that we keep talking about, Niagra Falls area(including Buffalo or that state park being discussed in another post),Cincinnati,Oh area(Kings Island,outlet malls, river walk), East Harbor(put-in-bay((beads))!!), That Corp. of Engineering place by Kalyumet. Those are some of the further places.
Then closer we got Kozy Rest in the group camping area that Joe and I looked at, Brookdale, Pa., Mohican or Whispering Hills,Alum Creek or similar in Columbus area.
I'll add more as I think of them.
C'mon, lets get a list started and lets think SPRING
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
While some of us may be hussling and busling(sp) for xmas, I prefer to look forward to '05's camping season!! Sooooooo, I thought it would be nice to begin to throw around various places we want to go. We can start to figure out what activities might be going on at different places, will we need a long weekend to get there, will we need to make reservations early, etc.
In no particular order, I would like to get to Mackinaw, Mi., whatever that place in W. Va. that we keep talking about, Niagra Falls area(including Buffalo or that state park being discussed in another post),Cincinnati,Oh area(Kings Island,outlet malls, river walk), East Harbor(put-in-bay((beads))!!), That Corp. of Engineering place by Kalyumet. Those are some of the further places.
Then closer we got Kozy Rest in the group camping area that Joe and I looked at, Brookdale, Pa., Mohican or Whispering Hills,Alum Creek or similar in Columbus area.
I'll add more as I think of them.
C'mon, lets get a list started and lets think SPRING
Mike
Old 12-11-2004, 05:40 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISLAPP:
I would like to get to Mackinaw, Mi., Cincinnati,Oh area( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mackinaw is a really neat place. My wife and I attended a camping rally up there one year. The island tour is worth the price and time.

There is a camp ground near Cincinnati, on the Indiana side called Little Farm on the River in Rising Sun, Indiana.

I noticed that Branson, MO wasn't on your list. This is a place that we want to go back to.

I'm with you on the think spring idea. Snow...bad. Spring....good.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #4

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Definitely love to do trips to Mackinaw, WVa. & it's been a few years since we where at Niagara.

I will throw in my hat for Wellsboro, Pa area (also known as the Grand Canyon of the East). We where out there 4 or 5 years ago and it is some really gorgeous country.

As a local how about the Malvern area. I stayed at (I think) Paradise Lake which may not be good for big rigs unless they have done some improvements.

Lets get this calendar filled up.

Bill
Old 12-12-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Paradise Lake is pretty much seasonal camping as I understand it now. I think I took a quick tour of it one time and wasnt impressed. There is someplace in the Carrollton area that has had good marks. Can't think of the name right now, but will work on it.
Mike
Old 12-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
How about throwing Baylor Beach Park (Navarre OH) into the mix. Level sites, swimming beach, lots to see in the area. I think it would make a great weekend campout.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:05 PM   #7

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Miklas:
How about throwing http://www.baylorbeachpark.com/Main_F.htm(Navarre OH) into the mix. Level sites, swimming beach, lots to see in the area. I think it would make a great weekend campout.

George <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that far from Urbana,Illinois, about 450 miles. A reason to take a couple of extra days off of work. Hummmm, what week do I want to take off work. Got to plan these things out! I like the how they posted the rules for the campground on their web page. Looks like a nice park.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:01 AM   #8

Ok,

So When are we going to have our first outing of 05. You know I never got to one in 04 but I will break the record this year. So lets get something set up...I am ready to go campin..
Old 01-20-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yea, Anita, I hear ya!! I'm ready tooooo. And now we got another storm headed in from the south and that could give us 6"+ of snow this weekend. We still have many area's that are still flooded out from all the rain we got the last couple of weeks. Just dont know why I stay in Ohio
And Rusty, we dont need any comments from you!!
Anita, what we are gonna do this year is put you in charge of a couple of our outings and that way you have to show up!!
Mike
Old 01-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #10

Mike,

I would be happy to do that....!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:12 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We camped at Paradise Lake CG a few years ago. For the weekend campers they have maybe 100+ sites. But most of those are in a big field with older looking electric hook-ups. They had 2 other areas with 10-15 sites each that were semi-shady and close to the activities pavilion. But these sites along with the field sites are grass parking (no pads). The shower house was fairly new, but it needed a better ventilation system (Big Time !!!!). The swimming beach was nice. I believe every Sunday they have a free breakfast at the pavilion. Over-all I would stay there again. One thing I found funny. You had the put a deposit down on your fire ring and pick it up at the office and return it when you left for your $20 deposit (Strange)..?????
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:18 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We have the discussion going on at this time regarding an April get together. How bout getting this going alittle more also.
Mike