RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #15

yes , the wife and I are getting ready to buy our 1st 5th wheel. Sometime soon the weather here in Michigan will warm. We are so excited to go but don't know what all we need to be taken with use Power cord tools and hose what else.

jr brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #16

Going to be in the mid-50ís this weekend in lower Michigan. We will be making our first trip at Sleepy Hollow State Park. Bought a new camper in November and have been forced to look at it all winter.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #17

Finally a string of mid-50's in the forecast! I thought buying an RV in March would get me a jumpstart on camping this year. Mother nature had other ideas.
Bogie71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Freeze warnings in effect tonight for southern OH. We might hit 60* by the weekend, but lows are still in the low 30's through the week.

Ok, UNCLE!!! I give. PLEASE SEND WARM WEATHER!!!!

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:32 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We all have to remember last fall. It ended almost 2 months late. So, now spring is almost 2 months late. The DW and I have come to the conclusion that seasons have shifted and occur two months later then they used to back in the day. Here in central Ohio it will go from winter to spring to summer in about two weeks. At least the daffodils are nice right now although it has snowed about 11 times since the forsythias have bloomed. So much for that old wife's tail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	627.4 KB
ID:	199452  
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with the season shift but due to a different reason.
Every leap yr we add a day in the winter.
We should add the day in the summer to make it longer.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
...Every leap yr we add a day in the winter.
We should add the day in the summer to make it longer.
I like that thinking! Who wants an extra day in the dead of Winter?? Add it to June to make 31 days in that month. That would make June, July & August all 31 days of lovely Summer. Of course, then the monthly days song will have to be rewritten.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #22

Really thinking of going out this weekend. We picked up a used RV in March but haven't been able to go out yet. Just worried if I dewinterize and we get another freeze.
Bogie71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:12 AM   #23

I heard about it. Enjoy the summers!
Joseph08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #24

Here I am sitting at the kitchen table looking out at the back yard and my wife asked me what are you thinking about? Now keep in mind there is snow on the ground. I told her I was thinking about mowing the backyard. I got a look from her like she was getting ready to call the paddy wagon. I am so sick of this white stuff I want to get out and do something, as I get older I hate the cold.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	04A8C14F-0C76-4C44-AE08-96ABE6891CE0.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	235570  
Forzatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzatm View Post
Here I am sitting at the kitchen table looking out at the back yard and my wife asked me what are you thinking about? Now keep in mind there is snow on the ground. I told her I was thinking about mowing the backyard. I got a look from her like she was getting ready to call the paddy wagon. I am so sick of this white stuff I want to get out and do something, as I get older I hate the cold.
spring is just around the corner.. sure is well at least snow melted here 45 deg
Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #26

I can see the RV'ers in the North Central region are staunchly anti-social just like me. We are all busy not posting gossip.

Spring is here is southern Wisconsin. It is forecast to be 57 degrees tomorrow. Wife and I are planning to take our Kodiak Cub to Mirror Lake this weekend.

We will be searching for an open dump station afterwards as the Wisconsin State Park dump stations are all still closed.

Does anyone know of an open dump station in the Wisconsin Dells area or east of there?
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #27

Cool Spring in Wisconsin

We moved from Mirror Lake St Prk to Wyalusing St Prk today. 5 Bald Eagles did a welcoming synchronized flying exhibition for us as we set up our camper.

Later 12 eagles did an encore performance. I lost count at 12. A racoon scurried off as we walked out to Sentinel Point. Squirrels root about in the leaf litter.

It is a beautiful sunny day. There is snow cover in wooded areas. Open fields are clear. Melt water is everywhere.

As I wrote this a second eagle flew by my window. The view across the Wisconsin river is spectacular. There are no other campers in the park.

It is time for all of you to come and join us.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzatm View Post
Well my backyard is a lake my front yard is not any better although itís raining cats and dogs over Columbus I guess I should look at the bright side dust off the fishing poles if it freezes maybe I can do some icefishing in the backyard 🤪😜 here gopher gopher☠️
It's been a year since you posted that but the weather at about the same time this year seems to be the same, doesn't change much. A week or two ago we had some warmer weather with snow and rain that melted a lot of the snow that was on the ground and as you can tell from the news everyone is flooding in the midwest who is near a river. This is a shot of a pond in my front yard we have never had before. Those are young fruit trees on the right of the photo of which five are under water. Worried about those little guys.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	190315 front yard flooding.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	238618  

kiss4afrog is offline   Reply With Quote