Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanks for the pictures Jim. I always know we can count on you for that!!
I never thought much of the pull thru full hookup sites unless you only have a couple of people together and then you just kinda pull into the next available site. I think they are set up kinda goofy. But the back-in sites are great.
I think the second loop of full hookup's are nicer than the first loop also.
Once we determine if that is what everyone wants to do, I think I can call the reservation center at the end of November and reserve them all at once so that we get the sites together.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The pull-thrus at the back are kind of odd as they are all one long pull thru where you are nose to tail with the campers in front & in back of you. Our coach & toad were about the limit of what you could get into one & still have enough room to pull into or out of one. The advantages to them is, since your rig is parallel to the camp road, it acts as a buffer between your patio space & the traffic. Also, your patio space faces the treeline instead of the side of your neighbor's camper, as is the case with the back-in sites. Not that it's any better or worse, just my observations of those pull-thru sites.

For those of us not into mountain biking (like ME), there's a paved trail that follows along Rt 3 & goes into a small park (more like a ballfield) on the south side of Loudonville. You can get to it from the main entrance, although it goes over part of the mountain biking trail for a short bit at the start of it. I prefer to ride the berm on Rt-3 (you're only on the berm for 100 yards or so I think) until the paved part of the trail starts. From talking with a staff member the last time we were there (fall 08), I know they were wanting to pave a last section into the park but the funds weren't available to do it then. You can bike down to Raider's Restaurant & get a piece of homemade pie - YUM!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Jim,
Thanks for posting the picture. We've also never been there before so it will be nice to try out a new campground.

Count us in.

Hopefully Mike can call and grab all the sites we need together.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll agree with Mike the pull-thru's in either the front loop or the rear loop are not my bag of tea. To me there not really "pull-thru's. If you had 2 larger rigs or RV trailer units, one on either side of your pull-thru site, you would have trouble getting in. And if it rains, some of those sites stay wet. The front loop full service back-in sites are a hair down hill and full sun. The back-in ones at the rear loop are all level. I think there is only one that would have a awning issue in the rear loop.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Of course, fhu sites would be ideal for the extended weekend but might be difficult to corral enough of them for us, even with us all calling in when the window opens. Personally, there are enough e-only sites I like on-river that I wouldn't mind getting one of them. So, it's not necessary, although likeable, for us to have a fhu site for Memorial Day.

Just thought I'd throw that thought in, FWIW.

Lori-
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Right now, I think there are 6 people who want to go. I can call the reservation number at 7:00am on 11/28 and am allowed to reserve 5 of them. I figured Joe could call and get the 6th one. So I can get all fhu as it looks if you want one. Otherwise you can call to get an e-only if you want but they would be alittle ways away from the fhu's.

Besides the fact that the fhu's are nice for the amentities, I like the fact that there is some decent space behind them.

Let me know.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We're talking the fhu's in the 46-64 section vs the 28-40 section, right? I've got it marked on my campground map site 48 has the biggest patio yard of all of the fhu's. Technically, I think that greenspace belongs to site 46, but since it's not on the side an rv door would face for 46, it looks like 48 can claim the majority of it.

And, what's up with the ODNR site reservation system? Did they shut it down for the winter too?!?!?! I can't even LOOK at available sites within "arrive between" dates. It comes up "No Valid season available for the dates selected." I picked dates in late April just to get past the reported winter closure timeframe. How the heck am I supposed to see pad lengths when I can't even get sites to come up?

Lori-
Old 11-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yea, Lori, sites 46-64. And site 48 does have a pretty big area there. But all of them have a nice rear area behind them, not including the pull thru sites that is.

I called the reservation number yesterday to verify I could call and hold sites all at once. That was when she told me I can only do 5 sites per phone call. So when I call, the first thing I do is give them the numbers I want to reserve and they take them out of the system. Then I give them a name for each site. But at least the site number is grabbed up before others can get to them.

Otherwise, not sure about on the on line system. I was thinking it always worked that way when you were in the "general dates" and not the "specific dates".
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree, sites in the back loop are better. If I remember right, site #46 is close to the street. Meaning you don't have much room once your awning is out.

#48-has a very large grass area, with a few trees mixed in. There is one tree that would be 5-10 feet from your awning.

#50-basically the same as 48 with one tree 5-10 from your awning and not as much grass area, but still very large.

#52 & #54 very open with no trees

#56 it has some trees, but should be fine for the awnings.

What is nice about these sites is the area in back of the sites is very grassy and large. Your probably 75 - 100 feet to the road in back of the sites.

Now the pull-thru site such as #45, 47, 49 which are across the street from the back in ones tend to stay wet if it rains. When we were there in Aug. either site 45 or 47 was under water... not good.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
I would like to go to Mohican again. If we pull out of the house at 5:00 PM, we'll get in around 7:30. Mike, put us in the plans. Jim, what is a good site number for us?

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mike will get back with ya on that.....(sites) The pool will be nice, but the river will be chilly..... in late May. Hey, were either going to Punderson or Mosquito this weekend.....
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Hey, were either going to Punderson or Mosquito this weekend.....
Looks like a good weekend for it. Dave & I will take advantage of the good weather to pick the coach up from the dealer (warranty work), run some Stabil through the system, get it washed & under it's big blankie for the winter. We've done the cover thing in good weather & in bad...good is definitely better.

Lori-
Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
It was a nice weekend at Punderson except for the 20amp. electric service. Just like 3 years ago we had to run our power cord over to another sites box. Most of the receptacles looked like they were melted or had burn marks. I couldn't run the TV and portable heater off the same box. So I ran the heater by itself from one box. And ran the rest of the trailer with the trailer power cord to the site next door. I have to thank Joe again for selling me that extra 30 amp cord. The park mananger stopped by to give us our site tag and I asked him if a electricial upgrade was in the cards. We said he got a quote for $800,000 to upgrade to aluminum wire 30 amp service () and $1,800,000 to upgrade to copper 50 amp service. With Ohio in it state of money shortage, it's not going to happen. Fact, he said all the parks may close Dec 1st. A good deal of the them stay open year-round with limited service. Closing weekend pix's

George and the kids came out Friday evening. By the time he left at 10ish it was 33 degrees. By 7am Sat. morning it had warmed to 45, and hit 65 by about 2 or 3.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #28

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ok, Mike. I have site #56 reserved at Mohican for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for reminding us about it.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote