Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I know its alittle ways off, but not too far to not be thinking about a place. We will need reservations, of course. I have to go to my grandson's first birthday party Sat. afternoon of that weekend, so dont want to be "too" far away from home. No more than an hour, I'm thinking. One place that is close that we could consider is Cutty's Sunset Park that is located by Hartville, Oh. It is about 10 miles or so south of I76 before you get to Akron on RT44/619. Full hookup, pull thru 50A sites, were 28.00 last year. Flea market, Amish cooking, quaint stores, etc. are close by. They have a restaurant on site if the weather isnt great. The pool is nice but at that time of year dont know if we would be using it or not.
Any other thoughts are fine too, just think we should lock something in soon.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I know its alittle ways off, but not too far to not be thinking about a place. We will need reservations, of course. I have to go to my grandson's first birthday party Sat. afternoon of that weekend, so dont want to be "too" far away from home. No more than an hour, I'm thinking. One place that is close that we could consider is Cutty's Sunset Park that is located by Hartville, Oh. It is about 10 miles or so south of I76 before you get to Akron on RT44/619. Full hookup, pull thru 50A sites, were 28.00 last year. Flea market, Amish cooking, quaint stores, etc. are close by. They have a restaurant on site if the weather isnt great. The pool is nice but at that time of year dont know if we would be using it or not.
Any other thoughts are fine too, just think we should lock something in soon.
Mike
Old 03-08-2005, 04:08 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Where in.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Cutty's sounds OK for us.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #5

You can count me in to!!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Anita,

Glad you can make it.

We'll probably be making reservations in a couple days. Mike can take the lead and suggest campsites since he's familiar with the campground.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:08 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I called Cutty's and got their machine. They may be on limited hours yet. So I emailed them telling them we needed the four sites, etc. and requested that they call me or email me asap to confirm that. So when I have more details, I give you a shout in the next day or so.
Any one else want to join us?
Mike
Old 03-14-2005, 04:12 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Update. I left a message on their machine today.
I had emailed them last week. Hopefully, will hear in the next day or so. So far, we have four rigs coming.Joe, Anita, Bill, myself. Anyone else?
Mike
Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Mike - We may be a go. Hope to have something worked out by Easter. You shootin' for those pull thru's just to the left of that bath house (where the 2 of us were last yr)? I'm always up for another trip to Hartville Kitchen!
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yep, that's the area. I am waiting for the Park to return my phone call, they dont seem to be there much yet this time of year, to verify what sites are available. I will add your name tentatively when I talk to them. Let me know the first of next week if you are good to go.
Mike
Old 03-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hello,
We may be in the mix to go too. We stayed there a few years ago. Are the pull-thru sites the ones near the bathhouse in the rear of the park? I thought Cutty's was a very nice place except for some of their washroom facilities. But with our new trailer we now have that covered. We pick up our new trailer the day after Easter. Are you going to be reserving for 2 or 3 nights Mike?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #12

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We reserved a spot (not sure where) but we are in.

Your lucky Jim, we won't pick ours up until the weekend before this outing. (I hope)
Old 03-22-2005, 05:41 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Jim, We would love to have you guys there. We will be there 3 nights. Yes, the pull thru sites are back in park past the pool and that large bathhouse. They usually keep the pull thru sites for the so-called larger rigs, however. Now, there are a couple of possiblities. If just water and electric is enough for you, those sites that sits in that open "field" in front of the pull thru's would be good, or maybe the K sites that start with number 48 and higher are not far from us and they are full hookup, I'm pretty sure. You can reserve on line but they dont actually assign a site number, just a section. Their phone number is 800-533-7965 or they are at www.cuttyssunset.com. They arent in the office all the time yet until next week, I believe. If you think you can go without the sewer part, then sites K19-K28 would be right across from us. At least I dont think those are full hook-up. What do you think or when would you know for sure if you can come?
Mike
Old 03-23-2005, 06:40 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I finally got through to someone at the office and gave the credit card info for the site reservation.

Jim, if you just call them and tell them to reserve a full hookup site with the rest of us, they should put you in the same area. They didn't tell me a site number, just that we'd be together and Mike requested we all be in the same K sites.

Joe