Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #1

North East Ohio

Just bought a new to us pace arrow, got the bugs and gremlins fixed, getting new tires put on tomorrow. I said all that to ask this, me, my DW, and the three teenagers needs some real cool places to go, we live near the pro football hall of fame and would like to take several 3 to 4 day trips within 200 miles or so. Now you know kids, they want the usual, cedar point, etc. So, if you can give me some great parks, detinations, and cool places to burn the new rubber off this thing. Thanks for the help
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #2

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marietta, Ohio has the Sternwheel Festival the weekend after Labor Day. The fairgrounds have RV sites, but a really nice nearby campground is Leith Run. $21 for electric sites
Wayne National Forest - Leith Run Recreation Area

AEP ReCreation Lands is near The Wilds and has great fishing, biking, and hiking. Free camping with a permit.
AEP.com - Obtain A Permit

http://www.thewilds.org/default.aspx
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Niagara Falls, especially the Canadian side, has lots of activities for the kids.

For a quick weekend, and not to far away from you, try Geneva On The Lake. A very nice state park there.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #4

Dearborn, MI

Dearborn, MI to Greenfield Village and The Henry Ford Museum. There is also a nice small air museum off I94 west.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congratulations on your new-to-you PA & welcome to the Fleetwood family.I'll throw out a few ideas for you:

Stay at Mohican SP. There's a whole row of sites that back to the Clearfork & several you can access the creek right from your site. You can hike all over the park (Covered Bridge to Little Lyons Falls is a nice walk), climb the fire tower, check out the gorge overlook, stop in at the Lodge...etc. A mile or so towards Loudonville from the campground is an arcade, go-carts & canoe liveries. There's also a recently opened zip-line tour. While in the area visit Malabar Farm.

Head to Athens to visit Hocking Hills SP. The state park campground has a steep drive to get into, but you'll be in the heart of all the beautiful scenery that is the SP. Hike to Old Man's Cave, Conkle's Hollow, Ash Cave, Cedar Falls...etc. They've got zip-line tours there as well. There's also a nearby KOA. Take a ride on the Hocking Valley Scenic RR.

Stay at Dayton Tall Timbers & visit the Air Force Museum at WPAFB. Bike or walk any of the trails of the Great Miami River Trail. Then if your teenagers insist on an amusement park, move the coach to Cedarbrook CG & visit King's Island/Soak City Water Park in Mason.

Come to my area of the state. Stay at Delaware SP or Cross Creek Resort. Visit the Olentangy Indian Caverns, Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, beside the Zoo is Zoombezi Bay water park, visit COSI, attend a Columbus Clippers baseball game, take in any of the regional county fairs, shop at Polaris Fashion Place or Easton Town Center.

Head to East Harbor SP. Visit Marblehead. Take the Jet Express to Put-in-Bay. If it's your 1st time @PIB, I'd suggest taking the tour train to get your bearings. You could also do the Cedar Point (stay at Camper Village) thing to satisfy the teens & then take a day Island Hopping Cruise to visit the islands as well.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mohican (Loudonville) has their 124th Street Fair Oct 1-5th There are some sites still available at the state park....I'm making a reservation soon...

Hocking Hills is maybe 2 hours away...

Cook Forest and Clear Creek State Parks in NW PA. are nice.....Were on the SE side of Cleveland and it's 150 miles for us.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. First trip this past weekend was whispering hills near shreve. Gotta say, not bad, and the kids liked it to. Just a 2 day stay but it was great to get away and just relax. Cedar point and east harbor next weekend. Can't wait
Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G.Wise View Post
Dearborn, MI to Greenfield Village and The Henry Ford Museum. There is also a nice small air museum off I94 west.
X2 on this
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky pig View Post
...First trip this past weekend was whispering hills near shreve....
We stay at WH every year for several weekends. They offer half-price weekends early in the season & we usually string a few of them together. If you stay back-to-back weekends, you can leave your RV on your site, unhooked, for free. Additional weekend stays gets you a discount off the rate.

Can't miss eating at Essenhaus in downtown Shreve. The broasted chicken dinner takes a while to get, but it's well worth the wait. They've got a good salad bar too.

I usually post WH's half-price weekends in the North Central Forum (example HERE) as soon as they're up on their website (early winter). Take advantage if you can - it's a great savings.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote