Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Now that most of us have put our RVs away for the winter, here's something that's sure to lift your spirits until the robins (and RVs) return in the spring:

2009 Pittsburgh RV Show

There's a coupon on their website that you can print to get a dollar off on admission.

Any thoughts on a group of us meeting for the show?
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We're undecided yet about RV shows. I was just reading about the Cleveland RV show and thinking of going there this year. The Ohio gang made the trip to Pittisburgh the last few years and it's seemed like our show has been getting smaller.

I might try the Ohio RV Show this show this year.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Jim went to the '07 Cleveland show. Hopefully he'll pipe in & expand on his review on it to let you know if it'd be worth your while.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK, I'll do some piping The IX center is a million sq. ft. Both the RV and the Home & Flower show use all 1,000,000 sq. ft. of it. So by the end you will feel like you walked a marathon. They get ya on the parking fee. If I remember it was $10 last year. One thing that always gets me is after going up and down rows and rows of RV's. you get lost. It happens to me time and time again. It's amazing me how they coordinate getting all the units lined up bumper to bumper and get them clean. It will be interesting how many units are displayed this year at any show... Admission is $11.50 I'll see what discounts I can hunt up. Fact with the economy the way it is, they should be paying me to show up.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I havent been to the Cleveland show for the last couple of years. Like Joe said, we have been to the Pittsburgh one instead. Looking at the dealers that will att Cleveland versus those at Pittsburgh, we thought we would try Cleveland this time.
You wanna come there, Frank?
Any one else?
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
...they should be paying me to show up.
Funny you should mention that. The yr we bought our Bounder, our dealer sent us complimentary tickets to NEXT yr's show. Having just bought a new coach, we weren't even in the market to go, but went anyway. Now, what they should do is give out those complimentary tickets THIS yr. to scare up business.

Lori-
Old 12-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just received in the mail today some $2 off coupons for the Cleveland show (only good on Wed. Thru & Fri). I agree with Lori, the dealers should mail coupons to all their past customers to bring bodies back into the market. For people who have gone to the Pittsburgh show how many sq. ft. did it take up?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I'm definitely attending the Pittsburgh RV Show because I just won two free tickets.

When I went to the show's website yesterday to print the $1.00 discount coupon, you have to provide your name and email address before they let you print it. Evidently, they have a daily drawing (the website doesn't say daily, though) for a pair of tickets and I received an email today saying that I had won.

Things are looking up... the last thing I ever won was the draft lottery back in 1969 (for those of you who remember this event). Maybe I should try buying a Powerball ticket.

Oops, I just figured it out. I put my wife's name, not mine, on the discount coupon request. So I guess my luck hasn't changed after all.

Jim:

According to their website, The David L. Lawrence Convention Center first floor has 76,500 Sq. Ft. and the second floor has 236,900 Sq. Ft. for a total of 313,400 Sq. Ft. The show occupies both floors. However, I don't think they used all the available space last year.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Maybe I should try buying a Powerball ticket.
With your luck, better send Chris to buy that ticket!

Lori-
Old 12-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Hey Frank,

I just registered for the drawing--I signed up everyone in my house with their unique email addresses hoping to get 4 tickets. If I get more, I can share!

I want to see and check out all of the light weight trailers that will be there. While we previously had issues with Trail Lite, R-Vision seemed to be responsive to my dealer's communications. Therefore, I would consider another new TL from Clem's if the deal is right for me.

Our present trailer is 27'+, and has a 6500# GVWR. I'm looking for trailers under 5000# GVWR, and either 25' with bunks/pack-n-play door, queen bed, with kitchen slide, or < 23' with queen bed, no bunks with kitchen slide. Bunks seem to be less desired since our children have discovered that they like sleeping on the ground in a tent.....go figure!?!?

I absolutely love the van I have now and since it is almost paid off, it will continue to serve our family for many years to come. Add the fact that future fuel prices are so unpredictable, I want to keep this van since it gets 17 MPG highway non-pulling. The 6500# trailer maxes out the van's pulling capacity and it struggles with grades, so downsizing the TT seems logical for me and my family.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
George, Check out this trailer in Trailerlife Magizine notice the tow vehicle...If my little rice burner (Jap car) can pull it, your E-350 sure can. Their trailers seem to be very light. I'll email you may password to look at the article for the trailer on the cover. Your going to have to find a trailer that fits your needs. You have to get more counter space....period...A slide is almost a must with 4 people. It will just open up the whole aisle way. From owning our Cub, I would never buy another trailer without a slide of some sort. It's a must. trust me.... Even though the slide in our Cub is very small, it makes all the differance in the world. We'll find you something.....Buddy....
Old 12-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
..our children have discovered that they like sleeping on the ground in a tent.....go figure!?!?
But will they still want to do that when it's a downpour outside & the tent is in a low spot on the site?

There will, probably, be plenty to look at at the rv shows. Might be more TT's that MH's with the economy the way it is.

Lori
Old 12-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally posted by George Miklas:
I just registered for the drawing--I signed up everyone in my house with their unique email addresses hoping to get 4 tickets. If I get more, I can share!
Jodi just won two tickets in yesterday's drawing. Woo Hoo! Two more to go, then we can start giving them away!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally posted by Superslif:
George...If my little rice burner (Jap car) can pull it, your E-350 sure can. Their trailers seem to be very light.
HAHAHAHAHA That Heartland North Country 26BH is 5000# dry weight, 6900# GVWR and that is without a slide. I do like its features such as aluminum skin and enclosed/heated underbelly.

Maybe I just need to open up the exhaust on the van and make it sound like a racevan ?!?! The mod plus a set of ear plugs will get me horsepower, MPG, and enormous pulling power.

Tags
heartland