Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
...There's always room for other opinions and I welcome the right to express them, but in this case the geographical makeup of the States is what we're sticking with.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay. That is the administrator's prerogative.

George

P.S.: I live 25 miles from north eastern Ohio North Central Region, and 90 miles from western New York NorEasters, yet I'm 300 miles from eastern PA Mid-Atlantic Region. Help! I'm having a "regional" identity crisis. gm

George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

If that's your only crisis today then it's all good!!

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Been away from the forums the last few weeks. Reading thru this topic I never really clicked on the "Pond Piggies" sub-group. I was always afraid I would miss something in North Central Region section. But if the "Pond Piggies" were moved to a separate section for "Camping Groups" I think it would get even less hits. Just a suggestion, what would happen if under the North Central Region title on the main Forums page all the "camping groups" in that region are listed but without being a sub-group or any hyperlinks to their own threadeds. Just a thought....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I just noticed the different appearance of the links for the TX and OK boomers. Is this new link appearance part of a transition of some sort? Will the rest of the sub categories get that same link appearance too?

George
Old 12-16-2007, 06:08 AM   #19
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but without being a sub-group or any hyperlinks to their own threadeds. Just a thought.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our original thoughts with regard to having the sub cats for the groups was that groups would use the sub cats to arrange and display all their rally plans and so forth....Possibly with even linking some of the larger events back to the north central or whatever for instance...
The Florida group and the Texas and Okie groups use their sub cats in this fashion....

The only advantage to this is probably also a disadvantage....the groups gain a place where they can discuss upcoming rallies and events and place food signup lists and so forth, which then does not clutter the regular regional forum....As you know, the more NEW posts on a page, the sooner a "not so popular" question or topic will "roll off" the page and possibly be lost....It was this issue that got us headed down the subcat road.
The regional forum would then be visible for those that stop by and perhaps had a question as a newbie....
Believe me, there's not an easy answer.....

As far as the pond piggies sub cat is concerned, ya'll (yun's....LOL) have never gotten yourselves around the subcat idea and it'd probably be my vote to just take it down....I'll get with Bill on Monday or Tuesday and see how he feels, as he's a piggie too.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
...As far as the pond piggies sub cat is concerned, ya'll (yun's....LOL) have never gotten yourselves around the subcat idea and it'd probably be my vote to just take it down....I'll get with Bill on Monday or Tuesday and see how he feels, as he's a piggie too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
"Oh, I'm a Piggie, He's a Piggie, She's a Piggie, We're a Piggie, Wouldn't 'ya like to be a Piggie Too?"

The snow made me do it!!!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it ain't broke; why mess with it anyway?

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank P. Martin:
"Oh, I'm a Piggie, He's a Piggie, She's a Piggie, We're a Piggie, Wouldn't 'ya like to be a Piggie Too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, Frank. Just cuz you're snowbound doesn't mean you should go overboard sipping the "egg nog".

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NLOVNIT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank P. Martin:
"Oh, I'm a Piggie, He's a Piggie, She's a Piggie, We're a Piggie, Wouldn't 'ya like to be a Piggie Too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, Frank. Just cuz you're snowbound doesn't mean you should go overboard sipping the "egg nog".

L- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Egg Nog!!! That explains it. I was thinking to many Cheetos
Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, it COULD be wine. Frank & Chris stocked up on that during our last outting with them at Salt Fork. He may have to break down & go get some ice wine, as, from the sounds of him, he's already gone through what they got at Raven's Glenn.

Come on, Frank. You gonna take this ribbing lying down? I know you're here. I see you signed in now on the list of members on the forums.

L-

P.S. Ok, ok. I posted in the sub-category tonight. I figured that subject was only of interest to us Piggies.
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #26

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Nahhhhh... There's still a good supply of wine in the rack from our Raven's Glenn visit and a bottle or two from the Helixville Winery. I'm trying to "behave" 'cause I know the holidays (with all their calories) are nearing. I haven't even bought a bag of Cheetos since our last campout in October.

Right now, I've been waiting all day for the Verizon guy to show up and make a gallant attempt at fixing our phone line. I spent a portion of the day putting the Christmas lights up as it finally stopped raining or snowing here for a day. I wanted to do this last week but the batteries needed replaced on my truck. The project started out with buying two new batteries and became more complex when I discovered that I had to replace the entire positive battery cable. I don't have enough room in my garage for the truck so I have to do the work outside and, of course, it rained or snowed nearly every day last week. I finally got a break on Thursday night and I was outside until 11:30 getting the job done.

Egg Nog? My mom likes it, but it doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Creme de Menthe parfaits. These are a traditional Christmas dinner dessert in our family.

OOOoooo... Just the thought.....

Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote