RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #15

Official iRV2 Sponsor

It was a little chilly today, but still great to be out camping. More and more people showed up, even a few tenters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120331_200304.png
Views:	139
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	19493

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
That's it!!!!!!! Asked DW if we can go get ours out of the storage place. Need to take it for 6 new tires and then bring her home. If we don't do anything but camp in the side yard for the next few weeks, or even put it in the barn.
I have ti bring it home soon so I can get my new tow bar (Blue Ox) installed and base plates on the 2012 F150 Echo Boost I got from this great supplier out of OH that probably went camping this weekend.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nice pic there, Bill! Stoke that campfire & crank up that furnace, I hear it's supposed to get down into the 30's tonight. Since it's going to hit 70 tomorrow, maybe you can get late checkout & enjoy it a bit longer before you have to head home.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yes, it was chilly today. Yup picked up the new (13') RV Friday. Starting to fill her up today. Spent time looking for carpet runners and cutting out carpet liners for the storage bays and some of the cabinets. I'll spend Sunday getting the rest of my stuff loaded. So far no issues, except some dumb engineers idea of where the fresh water tank drain should be....I'll post the complete issue in the "pulled the trigger" thread...Sunday's lookin great....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #19

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Jim, not really paying attention all I see is 12' or 13' and think is Jim really downsizing to something that small? I figures Diane could not be happy! Joe straightened me out yesterday.

Those little issues are what make owning a camper fun, my main issue is the mattress. With my back I need a super stiff mattress and this thing is way to soft.

Hope it gets warm quick its cold out there!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
It was a little chilly today, but still great to be out camping. More and more people showed up, even a few tenters.

Attachment 19493
Yeh yeh yeh.....rub it in....and I spent the day getting loaded and sanitized for our first trip.
I'm so jealous you guys got to go camping and I didn't ....
That's a great looking coach!
You should figure a way to make it a business expense.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
not too long ago, went to our camp site at Tres Rios in Glen Rose, Tx. Knew it was going to be a chilly few days but hey that is why we have heaters in the MH.
Got one of our famous inch an hour rains starting sat nite and all day sunday. Water level started getting deep. Monday morning when it was time to leave I noticed that the back tires were several inches deep in the ground. Turns out the site was dirt only, no gravel or anything. We were sinking.
Amazing how many people turn out to render well meaning but generaly useless advise. raised the jacks they slid very wide block under and they sank too.

Before the day was over we were the entertainment. It is all part of RVing and we try not to let the weather stop us.

Get those MHs out of storage and get ready for the season
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Jim, not really paying attention all I see is 12' or 13' and think is Jim really downsizing to something that small? I figures Diane could not be happy! Joe straightened me out yesterday.
No you got that wrong...Diane is the one who said going back to tent camping was her idea of real camping.....I said good...next trip out I'll bring along the tent and you can go for it....

I wanted to go bigger.....the new RV was a compromise, first we both realized going too big would mean many campsites we wouldn't get into would no longer be available, #2 I can only get so much RV up my present driveway. #3 We bought a new car a year ago, furniture, mattress, a new RV and I just extended my Toyota's extended warranty for 3 more years. I plan to buy a truck within 18 to 24 months....#4 my neighbors power lines are at about 11' 2" and run across my driveway. my new RV is 9' 11"......

I do have to say I thought the woodwork on my old RV was very well put together. I'm overly happy with the fit & finish of the new one.

I have to see how the Toyota pulls the new RV.....

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote