RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well from the picture she don't look that grumpy. Regardless come on down. Do call 1-800-335-1178 and reserve a spot. Remember to tell them your with IRV2 for placement and discount. I will be in Thursday (huntnski aka Tim) or plans, if your not fully caught up on all the post, are a campfire on Friday night. Its suggested everyone bring cheese and wine from their part of the country. OR coffee, softdrinks, tea and sweets if that's more your style.

Saturday night we will gather for a meal. Our plan is to have a grill and everyone bring their main course along with a side dish to share.

This rally has been put together with one thing in mind. Meeting other folks like us, wanting to get the most out of or RVing experiences. Looking forward to meeting you there. Bye the way, I spent a little time in a 18wheeler myself. I got out before it made me grumpy, just slightly unpleasant.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #16

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well from the picture she don't look that grumpy. Its suggested everyone bring cheese and wine from their part of the country. OR coffee, softdrinks, tea and sweets if that's more your style.
I'm not going anywhere statement #1. And, as far as wine and cheese goes, does this mean we have to dress for dinner?:eek : The closest thing I have to a nice shirt are some 6XL Hawaiian print "shoot me first" shirts. Will this do??????? What about Milk and Cookies? I quit drinking after an incident in 1980 that involved waking up in a bathtub, a lack of cloths, and a girls name whom I never did get....but I digress..................................

I did call this A.M. before we left for doctors appointments. All I got was the answering machine. I will call back later today.

We may be down there as early as Monday.

This will be our second trip out for the year. Looking forward to it.

Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Grumpy - what no tattoos?

All - I sure wish we could join you guys. Motley Crüe had nothin on you.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #18

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Grumpy - what no tattoos?

All - I sure wish we could join you guys. Motley Crüe had nothin on you.

Um, no tattoos. I'm more of a Charlie Daniels fan. Charlie for Prez........Simple Man by Chuck is my theme song. But, again, I digress.......

Called and talked to Betty today. Reservations are made. She sounds like a very nice person. The wife said that we should show up on Monday, and stay all week. And me, being the man of the house, the head person in charge, the #1 person in this family, looked right into my wife's eyes and said..........Yes dear.........

Now, this is for everybody. Listen up. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis. She wobbles a lot, and sometimes falls. When she falls, this is how it works. Laugh, grade, then help. There are NO points for the wobble, however, points are given when she falls. Her last fall was only about a 5, she tripped over an air pocket. Now, she did rate a 10 last fall when she came out the back door, with the cordless phone in her hand, tripped over...something, did a beautiful reversal around the porch pillar, (the Bears could use that move.) hit the ground, on a roll, and........NEVER dropped the phone! Oh ya, a perfect 10. Anyway, just a heads up. If she comes out wobbling, that is why.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #19

we're coming to your Party!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by two slides View Post
may try to come down. rv still in back yard still with a tarp /& snow on it.
it'll be a 400 mile 1 way trip for us & don't know what kind of problems it'll have since it has been sitting almost 6 months. only been out once since the national rally in September. may start out in that direction & see if everything is working OK. ???????????
just spoke to Betty & she has us booked for 12,13,14 & possibly 11th also.

now talk to the weather gods & order-up some warmer days. DW doesn't like cold weather.
two slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two slides View Post
just spoke to Betty & she has us booked for 12,13,14 & possibly 11th also.

now talk to the weather gods & order-up some warmer days. DW doesn't like cold weather.

Hey Twoslides!!
That is great news!!
I am looking very forward to this trip and meeting all of you!
I am going to call Betty and see where we are at for a head count!
Thanks
Craig
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Guys!!
I just talked to Betty at The Cape RV Park and we are officially at 10 coaches for our weekend!
She is so nice and was very excited that we got to such a large number for our first time!
I wanted to remind you all that Saturday night is our meal together night. We are asking everyone to make your special dish to pass and bring your own main to grill (chicken,steak,burgers,etc...)
Friday night we will have a campfire night bring your own wine, beer, cheese, pop etc. just time to hang out together and share some funny stories!
This is going to be alot of fun and we are very excited!
See you all there!
Craig
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
Um, no tattoos. I'm more of a Charlie Daniels fan. Charlie for Prez........Simple Man by Chuck is my theme song. But, again, I digress.......

HELLO NEIGHBOR! Been a while since we talked last. Are you interested in a Thursday night departure to stop at the Cracker Barrel in Mt. Vernon for the night. Craig and I have already made that a plan. If you would like we can meet up in town and head out together. Let me know what you think. I plan to have my MH at my home both Wednesday and Thursday for dewinterizing and other prep work. I think it will be in front of our home on Scovill St. some time between 5 and 8 pm so you are welcome to stop by if you like. PM me if you want more detailed directions but if you know where the Windsor Swim Club/Pool was...it is directly behind my home. No one else will have a MH of my size. LOL

BTW...thinking of about departing between 6 & 7 PM. Closer to 6 if possible.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #23

Pond Piggies Club
The wife and I arrived Monday afternoon. The lady that checked is in was very helpful with local things to see. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Grumpy, I had lost you there for a little bit. Couldn't find the thread you was on. Glad to hear your there, it'll be good to have a experienced tour guide (first one at camp ground) there to lead the way!! We are working or way toward you! If you haven't been following the "The last call on Cape Girardeau " thread in camping section then don't read it now. May sway you option of or fellow campers before we even meet them. This looks to be a interesting group!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #25

Hello "Craig N Deb", as well as everyone else,
As it turns out I'm way-late reading this and missed this event. As I live in Cape Girardeau this would have been about the easest RV event to attend. I "WILL" be watching for any up and comming events in or around our area. Please add me to mailing list.
You never did say how the event went? Where are the pictures? I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend.
C'ya,
patrick
ouRVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouRVee View Post
Hello "Craig N Deb", as well as everyone else,
As it turns out I'm way-late reading this and missed this event. As I live in Cape Girardeau this would have been about the easest RV event to attend. I "WILL" be watching for any up and comming events in or around our area. Please add me to mailing list.
You never did say how the event went? Where are the pictures? I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend.
C'ya,
patrick
sorry you missed our 1st ever get-together since we were in your home town. everthing went extremely well with rv's from 5 states.

i'll send a PM with more info!!!!

two slides is offline   Reply With Quote