RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #43
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We should arrive at Tionesta around 7:00-7:30 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again...I'll notify my dispatcher buddies at the Butler County 911 Center to have a Lifelight bird on stand-by although the StatMedevac bird in western Ohio is probably closer...

Sounds like a needed plan of action, given the not so ambulatory nature of this group!

Happy Camping ya'll!!

The longer I stay here the more things break, must be time to move!!

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #44

We just got back From Dover Ohio today. Reg gas was $3.49 a Gal. $3.09 here at home.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
OK, the Memorial Day weekend is history.

Did you have any hail on Sat. afternoon?? I was north of Butler just off route 8 and it hailed there.

How about giving us invalids a rundown on the Tionesta happenings. Some photos would be nice.

-Tom
currently at ~75%

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Tom,
No hail on Sat. It rained heavy for maybe 20 mins or so that afternoon then was fine the rest of the day. We got alittle more rain then on Sunday afternoon but didn't last long either. All in all, it didn't spoil any thing.
There might be a picture or two floating around. Will see if they show up!
We're thinking of going there again Labor Day weekend of '08. Put it on your schedule!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISLAPP:
Tom,
No hail on Sat. It rained heavy for maybe 20 mins or so that afternoon then was fine the rest of the day. We got alittle more rain then on Sunday afternoon but didn't last long either. All in all, it didn't spoil any thing.
There might be a picture or two floating around. Will see if they show up!
We're thinking of going there again Labor Day weekend of '08. Put it on your schedule!!
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Where to next??

I've got cabin fever and I have $1.50 in Giant Eagle Fuel Perks!!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #49
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm working on posting pics. Got Mosquito, West Branch, Mercer/Grove City KOA & Tionesta to do today. Hang tight, they'll be in my (stewarl) & campground & scenery photo sections soon.

As for where to next...a few of us are at Whispering Hills this coming weekend for their half price days. Bob's (rebelsbeach) meeting up with us since he's at Scenic Hills in Millersburg the same wknd & that's just a short hop to Whispering Hills. Then Mike & Deb are with Dave & I at Dillon SP the following wknd. Then some of us are at Punderson SP 6/22-24. There might be others headed elsewhere, but that's the short of where some of the Piggies will be next.

L-

UPDATE 5/30: Looks like Bob got my photos posted. Most of them I screwed up putting 2006 date on them instead of 2007. Bob will try to fix, but there were a lot of them (all 4 places we've been plus Senecaville).
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:18 AM   #50
Administrator Emeritus

L, Wasn't able to get banking and real estate done in a timely fashion this week which meant I needed to stay here Thursday and Friday....Will finally leave here tomorrow morning and head to Nappanee.

Will tackle changing the dates on the pics while I'm sitting in Nappanee for two weeks...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #51

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have a few pictures from our Memorial Day weekend. Just click on my hyperlink at the bottom of my posting. Last week we spent a week at Laurel Hill State Park in SW PA. This past Sat. I rode my bike 30 miles on the "Rails to Trails" bike trail that starts in Cumberland Maryland and goes to Pittsburgh (150 miles). It is very well maintained and very level. I was meeting Diane in Ohiopyle State, but about 10 miles from there is another Corp. of Engineers campground like Tionesta. It is called Youghiogheny River Lake Outflow Campground in Confluence PA. It is about half the size of the Tionesta campground, but has nice level cinder pads. The pads are double width and have electric. Only 4 have full service. There are no tree limb issues. The bike trail goes right past it. I'll post a few pictures in my photo album titled "Laurel Hill 2007". It might be a place we want to try with an outing in the future. I wrote down a grouping of sites that are level, no tree limbs and double wide pads. In that area are all the white water rafting offered in Ohiopyle. Also at Ohiopyle they have a small creek flowing into the main river that has something called the natural water slide. Its kind of cool, kids and adults slide down a series of rock waterslides and small waterfalls. I have some pictures of that to in the 07' Laurel Hill album. As far as the state park campground in Ohiopyle it not made for big units. Sorry boy this ones for the little guys. Only about 1/3 of the campground has electric sites. There are some very nice wooded sites. Most of the sites are tight to get into. Mostly tent, pop-ups and trailers.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #52

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Here's more information on Youghiogheny (Tough to spell, let alone pronounce- yaw-ki-GAY-nee) River Lake (COA):

Youghiogheny River Lake

There are three camping areas. The information which follows was copied from the COA web site on 06/25/2007:

---------------------------------------

The Corps of Engineers operate 3 campgrounds at Youghiogheny River Lake. Each campground has restrooms, a dump station, playground, and drinking water. Each site is equipped with a table and fire ring. Reservations are available at the Outflow and Tub Run Campgrounds by calling toll-free, 1-877-444-6777, or via the web at www.reserveusa.com. All other sites are first-come, first-serve.

The Outflow Campground is located just below the dam along the Youghiogheny River, which is open almost year-round for trout fishing. There are 63 campsites - 32 electric (30 & 50 amp), 4 full hookup, 15 basic, and 10 tent-only. Two reservable group sites are located in the rear of campground, and a Bike & Hike camping area is available for backpackers and cyclists. The Youghiogheny River Hiking-Biking Trail South extends into the campground. Full facilities, including showers, are available mid-May through mid-September. The campground operates under self-registration with reduced fees and facilities mid-April through mid-May, and mid-September through mid-October. It remains free of charge mid-October through mid-April, with one restroom open. The campground is undergoing renovations at this time.

The Tub Run Campground is located off Tub Run Road, on a large quiet cove of the lake. There are 101 sites 30 electric (30 & 50 amp), 12 walk-in/tent-only, 14 lakeside, and 45 basic. Showers are available during the recreation season, mid-May through early September. A swim area and boat launch are located within the campground exclusively for Tub Run campers. Tub Run is closed early September thorough mid-May.

The Mill Run Campground is located in a wooded area on the Mill Run tributary, off the Friendsville-Addison Road/Route 53, in Maryland. All sites are non-electric. Showers are not available. A swim beach and boat launch are located within the campground, for use by both campers and day use visitors. Mill Run operates under self-registration early May through mid-September. It remains free of charge the rest of the year without facilities.

---------------------------------------

Note that you are also close to Ohiopyle State Park.

Ohiopyle State Park

Be advised that reservations for any of these campgrounds can sometimes be difficult to get on weekends unless reserved well in advance.

Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote