Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Well, we had our last weekend out for the year this past weekend. Went to Kalyumet in Clarion Pa. The weather could have been more agreeable for the last outing, but, Oh well.
Some day I have to move to an area that allows longer camping seasons. I winterized it when I got home yesterday and will put it in storage next week after doing a couple of things.
The good news is that in a couple of weeks, we can make some reservations for next year. That way I can make believe the winter is over
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Well, we had our last weekend out for the year this past weekend. Went to Kalyumet in Clarion Pa. The weather could have been more agreeable for the last outing, but, Oh well.
Some day I have to move to an area that allows longer camping seasons. I winterized it when I got home yesterday and will put it in storage next week after doing a couple of things.
The good news is that in a couple of weeks, we can make some reservations for next year. That way I can make believe the winter is over
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Upper 70's today here in paradise....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Oh, thanks. Nuthin' like rub it in, Bob.

Maybe you can make another trip to Nappannee in Feb just so you don't forget what it's like to be up here with the rest of us icicles.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #5

It was great seeing you and Deb, along with Joe, Shelly and the kids again...sorry we missed the rest of you.

Yes, the weather could have been better, but we got a good first test on the new rig. No leaks (knock wood), no drafts from under the slide, and the furnace worked great! On the drive home, Walt wanted to keep going!

Thanks Mike and Joe for your help with our questions...you sure know your Winne's.
Tomorrow, Walt is taking it in for a front end alignment, and next week to the dealer to get a couple things looked at (hot water tank for one)...after that, I dont know when we will be putting it in storage for winter...I am hoping we get to use it again! Hey, you never know!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Mike, the next time this coach needs to go to Nappanee it will be on the lot at North Trail instead and become someone else's dream...

Already had two things break on the way home and I hadn't even gotten to the Florida State line...

Ya'll stay warm up there....
Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Candace:
It was great seeing you and Deb, along with Joe, Shelly and the kids again...sorry we missed the rest of you.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So who showed up at Kalyumet?

We had a funeral to attend on Saturday for a 39 year old friend who died unexpectantly in the hands of an inept anesthesiologist. There were 500 seats full in the sanctuary, overflow, and telecast auditorium for her memorial service, plus many more standing in the back and on the side walls.

I'm hoping to get out family camping one more time before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving weekend, I will tote the TT to Erie for a weekend of Steelhead fishing.

gm
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Mike, the next time this coach needs to go to Nappanee it will be on the lot at North Trail instead and become someone else's dream...

Already had two things break on the way home and I hadn't even gotten to the Florida State line...

Ya'll stay warm up there.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,

What comes next after the London Aire in the Newmar lineup? And when do you get a warranty/guarantee that includes "on-site" factory repairs? That is...flying their technicians and tools to your site/home/location instead of you going to them. Seems to me that such a waranty would force improved quality control.

gm
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What comes next after the London Aire in the Newmar lineup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob's gonna have to go for a Beaver or BlueBird or something along those lines since he's already done the top of the line Newmar product.

Nice coach, Candace & Walt. Wishing you many happy travels in it. What's up with all the Winnie owners in this group?!?!? You guys will have to form your own sub-region before too long. You could all be your own mini-WIT group.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

If I was a bettin' man I'd bet one of yer Winnie Owners is itchin' to defect....

If I were to leave the LADB it'd most likely be for a dumbed down Marathon, but I'm nowhere ready to leave Newmar...

George, I have in fact received "fly-in" factory service here in Florida and also in Virginia....The Newmar LAD tech flew to Florida once and the Oasis vendor flew to FL and VA from CALIFORNIA to fix my hydronic heat...
Wish you could've seen his face when he realized by coming to Daytona Beach he was smack dab in the middle of Bike Week....It was hilarious!

Ya'll nothererners can laugh at us southern Floridians as we're getting hammered with winds and rain today from not only that High presssure system,but from the other "H" word that's headin' this way....
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:

George, I have in fact received "fly-in" factory service here in Florida and also in Virginia.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,

That is wonderful! I hope that every Newmar owner is just as satisfied.

gm
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nice coach, Candace & Walt. Wishing you many happy travels in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Lori!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's up with all the Winnie owners in this group?!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it was a toss up between this Sightseer or a Tiffin Allegro...and the Winne won for a few reasons. The Allegro was a great model, but for us 4, the Winnie had more room, and other features that the Allegro didnt...we had to choose and weigh the pros and cons of both very carefully.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I was a bettin' man I'd bet one of yer Winnie Owners is itchin' to defect.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will also take that bet!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
If I was a bettin' man I'd bet one of yer Winnie Owners is itchin' to defect.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill...? Have you been to Nappanee for a factory tour yet?

gm
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

George, it's not Bill and if you're searching brands you'll have to look toward L.A.

LOWER ALABAMA!!

There's a coach manufacturer in Red Bay,AL where one of your piggies has been snooping...