Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We'll have to be pretty close to use 2m. I don't know if there is a repeater in the area north of Fort Worth we could use. I'll look in the book tonight.

We could try an HF Friday morning. Got any preference to try. I am never on of morning, so I don;t know what has been open. I plan to be on the road BY 7 AM, if I can get the copilot up that early.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ken, I'm the same way, not usually on in the morning. According to my propagation program 80 and 40 are still open around that time. All I have is a hamstick but we could try 3.935 around 8am (if I'm up that early) and 7.180 around 9am. After that fall back to 2 meters. I do see where Gainesville has a couple of repeaters listed. I'll put all my junk in, just for fun.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
We need to apologize to all of you non hams with all this discussion about radios. We've finally "wised up" and taken our discussion off line. Please forgive us!

But, we'll still see ya this weekend!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #60
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Folks it looks like the weather is gonna be kinda cool this weekend in Thackerville:

From Accuweather
Thursday, May 1 - High: 84 ?F - Partly sunny and windy

Thursday Night, May 1 - Low: 59 ?F - A late-night thunderstorm; otherwise, partly cloudy and windy

Friday, May 2 - High: 75 ?F - A couple of showers and a thunderstorm in the morning; otherwise, partly sunny

Friday Night, May 2 - Low: 45 ?F - Clear and chilly

Saturday, May 3 - High: 67 ?F -Sunny most of the day and nice

Saturday Night, May 3 - Low: 45 ?F RealFeel: 39 ?F - Clear and cool

We's gonna have usn a big CAMPFAR Fri & Sat nights.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Don, in case you are still checking this....we won't be coming up there. Got home this afternoon and Susan was not feeling well and she is felling worse now. Sure don't want to hit the road with a sick copilot.

Tell Tom I will try to get him on the radio Friday AM as planned.

Y'all have fun up there.

Ken
Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I am online here at the park. Sorry to hear that ya'll won't make it. Hope Susan gets to feeling better.

Boomers OKIE & TEXAS we have plenty of sites available here and the rate for full hook up is only $12 a night, so if you won't to join us at the last minute come on up /down and join the party.

The weather is absolutely great cool & crisp & sunny and perfect for nitely campfars.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well folks we had 1 OK rig and 7 TX rigs show up for the camp out. We ended up having to pay for 2 more sites so we could use the rally hall and get the rally rate. The group that showed up had a great time however and Madame Boomer will be pleased to know there was no pink chicken incidents this year at all. Hmmmmmmm txiceman didn't show up. - must be a connection there somewhere.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
No pink chicken incidents?
It MUST have something to do with TxIceMan not being there!
MB
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Who....me....

I would rather have been there than here.

I n any case I took the opportunity to do some work on the trailer. Put in a new HD TV and a swivel base ...works great and we are ready for 2009....

Ken
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Madame Boomer:
No pink chicken incidents?
It MUST have something to do with TxIceMan not being there!
MB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh yeah, now you see MB, the last time this happened you nailed me as the ringleader. Now you get to see how it really went down and how things really are. Eh, I didn't notice the apology but that's ok, I accept it anyway.

Just thought I'd throw that in there so everyone would know. The innocent always get's the blame until the truth comes out, right Ken?

By the way, we did make it home just fine.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #67

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sandy, there were no incidents involving our beautiful birds because our flock was on prominent display and the DD (Dreaded 'Dillo) didn't have the nerve to show up. There were rumors about a tug of war over a mud pit between a pink bird and the DD, with a horrible, muddy outcome for one of our beloved flock. Because of our proper vigilance, however, the DD must have been too afraid of showing his little ringed back north of the Red River. With one of the primary instigators of mischief missing, the 'Dillo just probably figured out that he was outnumbered.

We'll have to remain stalwart in Coriscana. Flock protection is our most important duty.

Judy
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Judy -

I remain ever thankful that there are those who highly esteem our beloved pink birds as I do. And I owe you (and Charlie) a debt of gratitude for being ever-vigilant over the safety of our flock throughout the weekend. "Varmits" are always on the watch to catch a mascot unattended!

As for you Vette Racer -
I extend my MOST HUMBLE (and you know us Texans are h-u-m-b-l-e ...pronounced UMble ) and SINCEREST apologies for the outrageous accusation that you would be involved in such shinanigans that occurred at the last Tx/Ok campout. I now realize the error of my ways and most deeply regret my outburst of indignation

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think Sandy is taking a round-about way to say ...." I'm Sorry"

Hey, why is everyone looking at me ?

Seems Don Allen is always around these events as well....

Ken
Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #70

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey, why is everyone looking at me Big Grin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because, as my Mama used to say, "you just look guilty" (even when you aren't there.)

Judy

chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote