Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #71

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To all at the rally, Eileen and I had a great time! As usual, the food was plentiful and delicious. There was a huge LCR game Saturday night, and I overheard someone saying they finally had enough money to put in that olympic swimming pool they had always dreamed about. Now that's what I call a BIG LCR GAME!

DON, I hope your ankle is is getting better and you will be able to drive home on it. Don twisted his ankle pretty bad while he was digging a deep MUD HOLE. I don't know why he was telling every one he did it while re-attaching his awning that the wind blew off his rig Thursday night!

Don and Pat made their now "FAMOUS" Saturday breakfast waffles on their "TILT-A-WHIRL" waffle machine and they were Wonderful. They also brought a really nifty FROZEN MARGARITA MACHINE, which I am sorry to say may cause ME a lot of grief on down the road, as Eileen informed me she was not going to any more rallies except for the ones DON & PAT were attending with their MAGIC MARGARITA MAKER!! I have to admit though, that Eileen really slept soundly Saturday night....she hardy snored at all!

We had a wonderful time and we are ready to go again!

Best to all - Glenn & Eileen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #72
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ankle was alittle better this morning so we drove on home in the rain started right after we pulled out onto I35. Guess we were lucky to have such a nice weekend. Awning stayed on the side of the trailer but don't know how. I think some major repairs are needed there.

Mud hole what mud hole

Why I would never condone any dillo dragin a poor defenseless pink chicken thru a mud hole in a tug of war with a dillo now would I.

Glenn tell Eileen Pat says thanks for the veggies - she made a great stew outta them when we got home.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #73
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Don, glad you made it home with the awning still on the camper. Is it time to turn it in to insurance????

Anyway, glad you made it in intact. Thanks for a great weekend, love that Margarita machine, and the waffle maker, keep up the good work.

Later

By the way, "Mudhole" did that have something to do with Ken, you know, since he wasn't there.

The last time I checked Ken, who ever wasn't there get's the "award"!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:06 AM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was not there in body only...my spirit was there and free...I know nothing about a mud-hole... and I did not have any rope loaded on the trailer or truck.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote