Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:18 AM   #57

Texas Boomers Club
Ken -

I wish everyone would sign up, but I know that many things come into consideration. I'd personally go get them and bring them to Burleson if I could!

Let's not talk about fuel prices! EEEEEEKKKK!

Regardless of the numbers, we're gonna have a party with lots of surprises and FUN!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #58

We are the newby's of the group but looking forward to meeting you all,I have only been checking out your site for over two years, We are the Durham's Bull( Jimmy) & Debbie. We have a 29 foot Mallard with super slide and a 2005 F250 crewcab.Debbie
Bull Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #59

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy,

Larry and I MAY show up on Saturday sometime. The RV is in the shop but we are gonna look for a hotel near by to stay. I will look at the sign up list and see what you guys need...

Hope to see you there!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #60
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jodi&Larry:
Sandy,

Larry and I MAY show up on Saturday sometime. The RV is in the shop but we are gonna look for a hotel near by to stay. I will look at the sign up list and see what you guys need...

Hope to see you there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey you guys are more than welcomre to stay with us if you don't mind sleeping on the couch ( we have a queen size air mattress we put on the pull out to make it more comfortable). No need driving back and forth to a motel.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for the offer Don & Pat we really appreciate it. Everyone has been nice in offering us a place to stay but remember we have Mean Missy coming along as I cannot leave her at home.

We are going to contact our RV dealer to see if they have begun work on the RV, if not we are gonna pick it up for the weekend and use it and then return it Tuesday morning. We will keep you posted. Thanks again for your kindness!

P.S. Is your rig cool now? (just kidding) We hear its gonna be a hot one this weekend! Hopefully not as hot as Tow!
Old 08-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Jodi and Larry - you know you are always welcome. I hope you get a "weekend Pass" for your rig. I think there are 2 slots still available (4 and 15) but you would have to check with Sandy. Hope y'all can make it.

Got the old AC replaced under warranty and installed a new one in the bedroom so we should be ready and COOL.

See you this weekend.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #63

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sandy, Sad story here, the cost of the weekend trip has surpassed our means of entertainment so we will do the local bluegrass and steam engine shows and what not around close to home until it doesn`t cost $250.00 for three days of "camping".

See yall in the funnies, Warren
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #64

Texas Boomers Club
Got the Rig out of the shop for the weekend and would love to attend the Rally if possible and if there are any spaces left. Sandy, I sent you a personal e mail, please let me know if there are any sites available or call me.

Sorry for the late notice!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jodi and Larry, Madame Bomer has already hit the road for the rally. We had to cancel our plans so I know our site is available. Best to call the campground direct and tell them you want the K. Wilson's spot.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #66

Texas Boomers Club
Sorry you will not be able to make it to the rally. Thanks for the information, we will call the campground directly.

Hope to meet up with you one day in the future.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #67
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

Well it got awful quiet here in Burleson today, but we gamely held on. We are now planning our dinner run and will set out under the trees as it cools down into the evening. We were saddened that another rally has come and gone. The 5th year anniversary bash turned into a great success. I hope everyone gets home safely. See you in October. For those that wanted the Cabbage Salad Receipe here it is:

CABBAGE SALAD

Mix together:
16 oz. Pkg. Of coleslaw"”ingredients: cabbage, carrots, red cabbage
2 bunches chopped onions (optional)

Mix together:
2 pkgs. Of beef flavored Ramen Noodles (broken up in pkg.) saving flavoring for dressing.
1 c. slivered or chopped almonds (or walnuts)
1 c. sunflower seeds (kernels)

Mix together:
¾ c. oil
½ c. sugar
1/3 c. cider vinegar
2 beef flavor packets

JUST BEFORE SERVING, MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER.
Serves 10-12

Kris

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #68

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Pat and I got home safe and sound with BOTH air conditioners. Had a great time once again, except for my left knee, which I think I twisted just before leaving for the rally. Drove home in excruciating pain. That is why I was absent from the party Sunday evening. Got it under a heat pad right now. Looking forward to seein y'all again in Bastrop next month.

Really thank whoever brought my computer and stuff over to the rig for me.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #69

Texas Boomers Club
It's Monday night and most of the Boomers are back at home by now. There are no words to describe adequately this past weekend.

25 rigs pulled into RV Ranch under the worst of circumstances - high fuel costs and the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina affected all of us in one way or another.

However, in spite of it all, we managed to celebrate the Texas Boomers' 5th Anniversary in probably even more meaningful ways than any of us could have planned.

Thank you DON AND PAT ALLEN for the fabulous cookout at your rig for the early arrivals on Thursday night! You can bbq those Elgin sausages anytime

As always, we didn't lack for food! With every bite eaten though, I know I wasn't the only one thinking of those less fortunate who had nothing to eat. On the Border and Babe's Restaurant served us well in addition to the breakfasts and our Anniversary Rally Supper.

We welcomed Doug and Mar Robertson from Austin, Les and Dora Nichols from Grand Prairie, Bull and Debbie Durham from Donie, Gregg and Jacque Robinson from Splendora. Your "newbiness" is now officially over and we know we'll see you down the road at another rally!

It was good to see Bob and Diane Berner and Eddie and Cindy Rice again! It's been over a year since both were able to join us! Hopefully it won't be that long again!

Our sincerest sympathy is extended to Kitty Gardner and her family in Biloxi, Mississippi in the loss of her uncle in the flood aftermath of Katrina. Our prayers are extended to your entire family during this time of tragic loss.

In the midst of our Rally weekend, the hearts and pocketbooks of the Texas Boomers blessed one of our own. Richard and Mary Palmer are housing 22 family members who lost everything they owned to Katrina. The family is now living with the Palmers until they can get settled. The Boomers collected more than $600 to give to the Palmers to help these displaced family members.

(There are no words to express my thoughts or feelings in this area. I've always known the Boomers to be generous in every way and this outpouring of love has proven that the Boomers are a wonderful group of people. I'm proud that we stand up, stand for and stand by those in the group. We're more than people getting together, we're family and I'm proud to be a part of such a great group of people who opens their hearts and wallets to help others in need)

Thank you BOB WURCH for showing the movie "Monster in Law" on Friday night! We popped popcorn, put our feet up and laughed our heads off!

Thanks to DON ALLEN for setting up the slide show. Lots of time and effort went into editing the photos for all of us to enjoy! 5 years of pics is a LOT of photos - none of us had the "wherewithall" to sit still that long in one showing!

Thank you as well to Maggie and Chuck Litterer for the Anniversary Cake to celebrate our event!

Rusty and I presented the group with a 2x6 banner that we had made for the TEXAS BOOMERS to display at all future rallies! No more sticky letters that you can't see!!! Our new banner can be seen a mile away! Of course, it proudly displays the irv2.com website and logo as well as our own beloved pink flamingo!

Thank you to CHARLIE AND JUDY SWARTZELL's daughter for her special gift package! She is a sweetheart to have donated it to the rally!

Les Nichols - WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE! We enjoyed special nights of entertainment from newcomer Les Nichols! I stood amazed at what came out of one man, one voice and one guitar! You can "pick and grin" buddy anytime you want to and we'll be there to sing, dance and enjoy!

As always, there are so many people who make a rally a success - it wouldn't be without all the help from many people. You are all appreciated!

We look foward to the next five years - making friends and going places!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #70

Texas Boomers Club
I'm writing this through tears of joy and hope....thank you Texas Boomers! When Sandy called with the news of your generous donation, we just gasped. You'll never really know how much you have helped to restore hope to a very weary and exhausted family from New Orleans who are literally starting over from scratch. They are so impressed with Texas...one family member is anxious to get back on her feet so that she can volunteer and help other evacuees...you know, "pay it forward!" Every day our doorbell rings and someone is standing there with a meal, an offer of a guest room, a grocery store gift card, etc. Yesterday, we received a wheelchair for my disabled cousin!
On day one, Richard and I wondered how we would be able to do this....well, one day at a time.
And with the help of precious, precious friends like our Texas Boomers.
Much Love and Thanks,

'marypal'
Mary Palmer
San Antonio
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote