Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
It has been reportred that evidemtly some sort of anti-pink chicken insurgency took place over the weekend during the 1st Annual Texas Oklahoma Boomers RV Rally in Thackerville, OK. Sheriff Buford T. Pursor stated that it was the most crazed frenzied mob he had encountered in his over 25 years of law enforcement.

Sheriff Pursor explained the situation this way. Evidently a small group of boomers were attempting to burn some pink chickens in the campfire while another group were fighting with them to keep this from happening. In the meantime another of the new boomers attending the rally who went by the alias getaway reported one of his new pink chickens kidnapped by a small group of men wearing black hoods and carrying a rope. A search ensued by the sheriff and his personnel only to discover the poor pink chicken evidently hanged by the villains that perpetrated the kidnapping. The pink chicken was pronounced dead at the scene of the crime.

A remark was heard from the milling crowd that if only the Texas Boomer Wagon Master AKA Madame Boomer had been there, none of this barbarism would have occurred. The Sheriff also stated emphatically that it did not appear that either drugs or alcohol of any kind was involved in this incident.

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS CAN BE VIEWED HERE:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
It has been reportred that evidemtly some sort of anti-pink chicken insurgency took place over the weekend during the 1st Annual Texas Oklahoma Boomers RV Rally in Thackerville, OK. Sheriff Buford T. Pursor stated that it was the most crazed frenzied mob he had encountered in his over 25 years of law enforcement.

Sheriff Pursor explained the situation this way. Evidently a small group of boomers were attempting to burn some pink chickens in the campfire while another group were fighting with them to keep this from happening. In the meantime another of the new boomers attending the rally who went by the alias getaway reported one of his new pink chickens kidnapped by a small group of men wearing black hoods and carrying a rope. A search ensued by the sheriff and his personnel only to discover the poor pink chicken evidently hanged by the villains that perpetrated the kidnapping. The pink chicken was pronounced dead at the scene of the crime.

A remark was heard from the milling crowd that if only the Texas Boomer Wagon Master AKA Madame Boomer had been there, none of this barbarism would have occurred. The Sheriff also stated emphatically that it did not appear that either drugs or alcohol of any kind was involved in this incident.

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS CAN BE VIEWED HERE:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Old 05-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #3

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Would have looked good on a spit waiting for the fire to get hot!
bugeater58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Texas Boomer Wagon Master AKA Madame Boomer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm beginning to think this person is a figment of some Texas Boomer's imagination as we have been to a couple of events and have not seen her yet. Each time something happens to a flamingo but yet this "person" doesn't show up the next time to protect the "flock". Kinda makes ya wonder doesn't it. Just think, if she had been there all this barbarism might not have happened. I think if she indeed is "real" she'd better start coming to these events to protect her flock, otherwise, the flock might disappear.

Great pics Don! Not to mention the story!

By the way, almost forgot, the sheriff gave Ken, Don, and I breathalyser tests and we all passed, although some were close.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Vette Racer -

Believe me....I'm not a figment of anyone's imagination! I'm as real as the beak on my beloved pink bird's face!

That poor hangin' bird photo just makes my ole heart ache and I guess I will have to come and defend the flock

Try as I might - I can't depend on you guys to protect them whilst I'm sitting at home fuming because I can't be there cuz my danged ole rig's in the shop!

Seems to me, the only time this hangin'-flamin'-burnin situation comes up is when you're around! ...Let me see ....Murchison....Thackerville?

Maybe I should be looking at someone from the Sand Springs, Oklahoma area as the culprit and instigator of the uprisings! I've been blaming poor ole Don Allen because he's verbal about abolishing the established mascot in favor of that ugly, smelly roadkill worthy armadillo. But in his defense, I also know that with enough "fire water" Don can be so easily swayed to do anything!

Maybe it's time for me to rethink this situation......

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

I'm thinking I'd better designate a "security team member" for the iRV2 National, with the onset of this recent crime wave!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:25 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
I agree Rebelsbeach! It appears there may be a bunch of hoodlums out for blood all headed to Branson. From where I'm sitting, it could definitely be a problem.

I carry a BIG STICK when it comes to my flock. I'll step up to the plate for the security team. Can we convince that renagade law enforcement officer way down in Louisiana to come and help me!!!

Sandy
Old 05-15-2007, 04:02 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can we convince that renagade law enforcement officer way down in Louisiana to come and help me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm....me thinks he's more part of the problem than the solution in this caper!!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems to me, the only time this hangin'-flamin'-burnin situation comes up is when you're around! ...Let me see ....Murchison....Thackerville?

Maybe I should be looking at someone from the Sand Springs, Oklahoma area as the culprit and instigator of the uprisings! I've been blaming poor ole Don Allen because he's verbal about abolishing the established mascot in favor of that ugly, smelly roadkill worthy armadillo. But in his defense, I also know that with enough "fire water" Don can be so easily swayed to do anything!

Maybe it's time for me to rethink this situation...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oops! Well, guilty by association I guess. Maybe I need to pass up the next one and see if anything happens, na, too much fun. I think you just have to start going to more events to protect the flock and provide the proper guidance. I'm sure if you are there in Branson nothing will happen.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought all the pinks were taken care of at the roast last year.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Roger....you've just given me a WONDERFUL idea!!

Since our resident "Depd Don" isn't able to attend the National Rally, who better to keep an eye on "security" issues than our own "007"??

As sleuthy as 007 is, it'll be like not having anyone doing security at all!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can we convince that renagade law enforcement officer way down in Louisiana to come and help me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm....me thinks he's more part of the problem than the solution in this caper!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna be like Sgt. Schultz on this one.... "Iiiiii knowwww NOTHINGGGGGGG!!!".
Old 05-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Vette Racer -

Since the beginning of the Texas Boomers seven years ago, RustyJC and I have NEVER MISSED a single rally! We haven't always been able to go to the various Area Gatherings due to work schedules, but this is a first. And believe me...it's going to be the last!!

I can't help it that my rig is broke! I can only hope for a mighty miracle from above to get the fridge fixed asap! RustyJC TOLD THEM when he took it in that it was the coolpac....sho nuff'...my man knows his business!

I wouldn't want to you to forego the pleasure of attending a big to-do in hopes that another uprising will occur that will eliminate you as a possible suspect....notice I said POSSIBLE! I think when you and Don Allen get together...bad things happen to innocent little creatures!!!!

As for Roger "007" Moore on the scene of an investigation.... I definitely think he is da man!!! If anyone could put a stop to these morally corrupt reprobates doing their dasterdly deeds - - - it's 007! Good idea, Rebelsbeach!

Sandy
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, I can tell you that there are three innocent folks as Don took photos of the three of us hunkered down around the radio I bought from Lee. Tom, Lee and I were busy trying to string an antenna and see if we could contact ET of any one in the world. We did make contact with St Louis.

So count us out as we HAM types were busy trying to see if we could electrocute the other campers. ...Come to think of it...one HAM, Don W5IT was not around...Don, did you get his photo any where.

I hear that those Cajuns are developing a stealth paint for painting their boats so they can sneak past the game warden....someone mush have brought some with him....inquiring minds.

Ken