Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-29-2001, 08:39 AM   #1

Hey Folks, there seems to be a lot of nice so good comments about FCRV. We were thinking about joining. Any comments about the FCRV?
I did get in touch with Louisiana Pres and was told about an outing coming up at the end of April at local campground.
the inforamtion I got, I know the campground and it is a good one and it has full hookups and has a great weekend rate which includes a meal?
Anyone going? Any Memebers on irv2.com that belong to FCRV?

2000 F250 PSD CC 8'Bed and AirLifts hauling a 2000 Designer by Jayco 3110 triple slide mostly around Cajun country till we can retire! Roaming is where the heart is!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2001, 08:39 AM   #2

Hey Folks, there seems to be a lot of nice so good comments about FCRV. We were thinking about joining. Any comments about the FCRV?
I did get in touch with Louisiana Pres and was told about an outing coming up at the end of April at local campground.
the inforamtion I got, I know the campground and it is a good one and it has full hookups and has a great weekend rate which includes a meal?
Anyone going? Any Memebers on irv2.com that belong to FCRV?

2000 F250 PSD CC 8'Bed and AirLifts hauling a 2000 Designer by Jayco 3110 triple slide mostly around Cajun country till we can retire! Roaming is where the heart is!
Old 03-30-2001, 08:49 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy and Happy in:
We have been members of FCRV for over 10 years and we like the involvement with other campers. We can camp with local groups(less than 150 miles) almost every weekend from May to October. The national campventions are the high lights of the year.
We are the assistant Provincial directors here in Ontario as well as being the National Teen Directors.
Go on over to www.fcrv.org to get more infor on the organization and its members.
Hugh
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:17 AM   #4

I have just joined our local chapter here in Wisconsin. I went to a meeting and met some of the members, and decided to join because they seem like a great bunch of people. You can camp with any chapter you want, and they seem to have something planned every weekend somewhere. I am looking forward to meeting other campers, and will let you know what the campouts are like. Keep on Rollin'

https://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/US/WI/Green_Bay.gif[/img]
luv2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 07:59 PM   #5

I did check it out and emailed and got a reply--Will try to attend a function coming up the end of May..
BTW on about .com, there are a lot of FCRV events posted.
HappyTrails

Old 04-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #6

Both my parents and my family joined FCRV in NJ. At first was ok. Then the clicks started. We were often left there by ourselves except for the past N.E. director who was very friendly. The chapters were also very clickish. I had one group who wouldn't accept my membership because I couldn't meet their involvement. I was the State DAT at the time and also working fulltime still. I would camp when I was available. I met more people from outside the club then from within!

2000 Sunline T.T.T280SR slider.
1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4,
Towing with a Hensley Hitch..The Best. Love Jersey camping!

2003 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab.
Jersey Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 05:55 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Finding a chapter that you feel comfortable with may take some time and you may find one farther from where you live. Some of the chapters that are mainly retiree oriented have all their campouts during the week when the rest of us are working, but then other chapter like ous here camp only on weekends.
I would e-mail the state directors from NJ. They are very nice folks and might be able to suggest another chapter you will feel more comfortable with.
Hugh Hicks
Old 04-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #8

Ginger

We have been members for 15 yrs. You need to contact Hank & Fern Foster at ffoster@structurex.net I think they are in Lafayette and can answer any questions you might have.

01 Sunnybrook 33 BWS
00 Chevy 2500 6.0L 3.73

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0L 4.10
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:39 AM   #9

Ginger we joined about 1 yr ago when we bought our 1st RV. They seem to be a nice bunch of folks. What appealed to us this the diversity in age with retirees and families with small kids all together.
We belong to FMCA also and they equally are nice folks, but because of the nature of the group, being all MH owners there are few if any younger people there. Mostly all retired.
That's OK, but FMCA is nice with some kids around too.
Whatever you do, enjoy.
Floyd

Floyd and Karen.
2001 Damon Intruder 349.
W22 Workhorse chassis.
2001 Cavalier toad.

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We're only young once, but with humor, we can be immature forever!"

2001 Chev Cavalier with Blue OX Aventa II
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:07 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Floyd:
Hope you might be able to make it to the national Campvention in Fryeburg Maine from July 12-19. If you are there look us up. We will be around with the Teens and the Teen Pageant.
Hugh Hicks
National Teen Director
FCRV
Old 08-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #11

Hi there. We have been FCRV members since 1986 and are now lifetime members. We were very active on both the state and chapter levels while living and camping in WI. We have since purchased a campground in MS and obviously, do not have the time to camp anymore. We are interested in joining a local chapter here in MS.
We would love to have any local FCRV chapters/members come camp with us. We have an enclosed rec hall with kitchen and banquet facilities, so we could handle a group.
If there are any FCRV'ers (or any other club) out there that is interested, e-mail at: camp@frog-hollow.com.

Bethy
Old 10-07-2002, 06:24 PM   #12

I have not been a member of the FCRV that long, two years plus. But in the short year that I have been a member, I have been voted in as President of our Chapter. I thought that I was raising my hand for another piece of pie.

So far, so good. We had to limit our style of campout's, here in Colorado. Due to our high fire danger this season, we stayed close to home. This was unfortunate, since we had some great back in the back country sites planned.

I have read some different comments on the organization. And I can say that I have seen a little of everything that was written. Our group of folks, are a great bunch. We have some issues on trying to keep campers interested over this past season. I am sure that all the reasons we lost people would differ. But I can't say why, since they are no longer in touch.

We here have a monthly e-mail that goes out to our Chapter members, and new members. We have found that this is a great tool to keep in touch. We also need to work on keeping the kids entertained, since we have some of them along. Trying to keep our group open, is what is important.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

2003 Keystone Sprinter 276 FWRLS
montanadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #13

I too have been a member for 2+ yrs, and have been elected VP for the 2nd year. We do have a very mixed age of members, but we all get together and have a good time. One of our older (83year old) members took my 12 year old son under her wing and taught him how to play dominoes. She didn't have too, but she entertained him for the whole weekend. Yes, I had to go out and buy a set... (it's a blast!) We have other members who complain about the "ones who always seem to run the show, and are clicky." I seem to be on both sides. Somebody has to set up the outings, etc. You have to work a little to get something out of it. You can have fun with the group, or be alone. It is up to you. One thing, you will have a new family, because in our group, that is what you are... family

https://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/US/WI/Green_Bay.gif[/img]
luv2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:59 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope it doesn't sound like a broken record, but it is like any group of people you get together with. You get out what you put into a group. You can either be very active or very passive, but in the end you will have far different opinions of the same event. We have been very involved with this group in the last 4 years and through it we have met so many great new friends and when we attend a rally or campout we always try to get to know at least one new family. We hop e to see some of you members we haven't met in Kansas next summer. Make sure you say hello. In a big organization such as this so many poeple know who we are through our position with the teens, but it is very hard for us to remember evryone that says hi, so make sure you introduce yourselves ans tell us of the irv2 connection.
Hugh