Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Judy and I are sorry to have missed all of you at the Burleson Rally. Somehow, my vacation time just seems to get in the way.

We just arrived back home this afternoon, shaking and quaking, having driven through the outer bands of Gustov from Little Rock this morning. It was the only day of 22 marred by bad weather but boy, was it marred! The crowning touch was hitting I-635 in Dallas a 3pm this afternoon and fighting more strong North wind than I ever remember while driving our MH.

I thought I'd share a few highlights:
- 4399 miles, 10.987 mpg
- 725 miles of driving the first day (13 hours, 40 minutes)
- nearly wrecked by an out-of-control tractor-trailer on a back road in NC
- shopped the Reading Outlets in PA
- visited the Mystic Seaport Sailing/Whaling Museum - CT - fantastic!
- parked on the shore of Keuka Lake - Hammondsport, NY
- parked on the Niagara River - 7 miles above the Falls in Ontario
- had no problems either direction - US/Canada borders
- shopped Bronners in Frankenmuth, MI and had to sacrifice the dinette table for the rest of the trip because of our purchases
- parked on lakeside in sight of the Mackinaw Bridge
- drove 1,450 miles in 2.5 days on the return trip - including the Gustov period

We are looking forward to our next Boomer rally but are not sure which one that will be yet. We need a little recovery time.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Judy and I are sorry to have missed all of you at the Burleson Rally. Somehow, my vacation time just seems to get in the way.

We just arrived back home this afternoon, shaking and quaking, having driven through the outer bands of Gustov from Little Rock this morning. It was the only day of 22 marred by bad weather but boy, was it marred! The crowning touch was hitting I-635 in Dallas a 3pm this afternoon and fighting more strong North wind than I ever remember while driving our MH.

I thought I'd share a few highlights:
- 4399 miles, 10.987 mpg
- 725 miles of driving the first day (13 hours, 40 minutes)
- nearly wrecked by an out-of-control tractor-trailer on a back road in NC
- shopped the Reading Outlets in PA
- visited the Mystic Seaport Sailing/Whaling Museum - CT - fantastic!
- parked on the shore of Keuka Lake - Hammondsport, NY
- parked on the Niagara River - 7 miles above the Falls in Ontario
- had no problems either direction - US/Canada borders
- shopped Bronners in Frankenmuth, MI and had to sacrifice the dinette table for the rest of the trip because of our purchases
- parked on lakeside in sight of the Mackinaw Bridge
- drove 1,450 miles in 2.5 days on the return trip - including the Gustov period

We are looking forward to our next Boomer rally but are not sure which one that will be yet. We need a little recovery time.

Charlie
Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Charlie & Judy - sounds like ya'll had another great adventure. Can't wait to hear all about it over drinks in Oct at Staway (I am sure you will be fully recovered by then) We're saving ya'll a spot.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Charlie and Judy -

Aren't adventures wonderful!!! You got to see and do a lot of things that I'll probably never get to see and do....including driving in gale force Gustav winds!!!

Thank goodness you are back home safe with lots of memories to share - I have no doubt you'll have slide shows of all the adventures to show sometime soon.

Catch your breath, recover from the shakes and hope to see ya'll soon!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, Don and Sandy. We do have about 140 electronic photos plus some SLR and digital footage - enough to bore about anyone. None of it, however, does justice to all that we were able to see and do. It was a great time and I'm glad that we were able to do it.

The most amazing part is that the only "bad"problem that we had for the whole trip was the stud in the driver's door in the MH working its way loose. After we got home, I fixed that in less than 10 minutes. It is a great 4,400 mile trip when the thing that you can complain about most is that the Wingard TV antenna wouldn't go up and do so that you would watch the local TV stations. That is fixed now, too.

We are looking forward to our next outing and may have a set of new tires for the MH on which to travel before then.

Charlie