Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Ditto this. You are much better off meandering over through or around Fort Worth to get to Glenrose than going through Dallas.

Don
I agree with every one about missing Dallas.
Thanks every one for your reply..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #16

I just came up from San Ant Friday, at 2pm and it was bumper to bumper from Burleson turn off up THRU Ponder on 35W, took 1 1/2 hr !!!!!. If I was in Ok going south, Id go to Sherman and then over 82 to Jacksonville fla, them back on I-10 and up to Glen Rose, what a nightmare trip that was Friday.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #17

I agre miss Arlington and Dallas yes burleson is a disaster I live at 35W and 67 wow tres rios last time I was there was 17 years would I go back yes and hello tumble weed ill be in Henderson shortly give you a shout
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #18

Another thought what 281 south that ran in to Lampasas
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #19

Agree with other posters, take I35W to Ft. Worth rather than US75 or I35E thru Dallas. From I35W, take Loop 820, exit onto US377 to get to Granbury. Outskirts of Granbury, there will be Walmart and Home Depot on the left, then cross over Lk Granbury. Immediately over the bridge, exit right for Tx 144 and turn left at the light for Glen Rose. When TX 144 intersects with US 67 outside Glen Rose, you would normally turn right for Glen Rose, but stay straight thru the intersection and CR 312 will be about 1/2 mile further on TX 144. Make a left turn on CR 312 (somewhat tricky, this is a 'Y' intersection and if you miss the shortcut then you will have to make a very sharp left turn) and Tres Rios is about 1/2 mile on CR 312. Can't miss it.

An alternative is to turn left at US 67 and then about 1 mile on US 67 will be a right hand turn that will take you over to CR 312.

We will be in Glen Rose next month, but stay at a Baptist camp on the Brazos just south of Glen Rose. BTW, the convenience store at the intersection of US 67 and TX 144 has an independent concession that makes great fried pies.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I seem to always be here Whemfish! Please give me a call..

Baptist Camp
is that a pretty good place. The place where going to
gave me 4 free nights, but they want me to listen to there 90 minute spill
to try and sell me there resort.. Also give me a Kindle and another free gift,
I'AM almost scared to go..
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
I also prefer 35W. But be aware when there are races at Texas Motor Speedway traffic on 35W can heavy. Check the race schedule.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #22

I live in Granbury just North of Glen Rose. I'd take I-35 South out of OK and take I-35W when it splits off in Denton. Then take 820 around to I-20 and exit 377. Take 377 into Granbury. Then take 144 into Glen Rose. That's gonna be the easiest way with a 5er.
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
I also prefer 35W. But be aware when there are races at Texas Motor Speedway traffic on 35W can heavy. Check the race schedule.
Good point. I was on 35 from Gainesville to Denton and on south(35W) in July, exiting to Haslett for visit. From Haslett I got on 820 going east and it was fine until just east of 35W to DFW, what a mess with construction and I was in automobile. Maybe someone can chime in about more of 820 west from 35W. If construction not bad like east of 35W that would be my route. Don't remember where OP is getting on 35 in OKLA but there has been some heavy construction around Davis on 35....but then guess there is some construction of some extent on all the Interstates.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Baptist Camp[/B] is that a pretty good place. The place where going to
gave me 4 free nights, but they want me to listen to there 90 minute spill
to try and sell me there resort.. Also give me a Kindle and another free gift,
I'AM almost scared to go..
We will be there for a volunteer project, but you are welcome to join us, even for a few days, if you would like to. Just let me know. I understand Tres Rios is a nice place. Otherwise, there are a few other options in the area along with the state park.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #25

I agree with AKADEADEYE on the routing. I live in NE Ft. Worth and there is a lot of construction North of FT. Worth on I-35W as you get Near Loop 820.

If you are going to Tres Rios for a free stay if you attend a 90 sales pitch, prepare yourself for a 4 hours high pressure sale presentation with multiple people trying to get $10,000 out of you. Been there done that. Park is not that nice, but nicer that other RV parks around. Golf course across the road is great.

Good Luck and Happy Camping.

WRB7636 & DW Newton
2000 DSDP 3851 (Eddie) & 2010 Enclave (Betty)
wrb7636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I was going for the free things 4hours sales pitch, I saw in there mail I had to make 40k's a year well not no more I'M retired. I'M considering not going there now free's not worth it.
But do plan on going to the area still.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle1 View Post
We will be there for a volunteer project, but you are welcome to join us, even for a few days, if you would like to. Just let me know. I understand Tres Rios is a nice place. Otherwise, there are a few other options in the area along with the state park.
dayle
I'M baptist that sounds interesting, I hope to travel and volunteer.