Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

We had a great turn out for the July 4th Rally in Tow.

We welcomed new members. Jim and Janet Mezger, Lee and Kye Ferguson, Jim and Dorinda Willis, Hank and Linda DiGiovanni and John and Christine Westcott.

Members attending were the Don & Pat Allen, Dan & Tee Johnson, Jim & Kitty Gardner, Alan Rochkus, Darrell Ussery, Gary & Sue Brown, Hamie & Janet Wright, Roger & Kathy Hewlett, Richard & Mary Palmer, Steve & Pat Wilson, David & Charlotte Shadrock, Tom & Patti Kerlin and Jodi & Larry Mensch.

Don Allen had a few problems with his AC, but he never gave up trying to get cool.

The food and friends were wonderful. The Hi-Line RV Park put on a wonderful Firework Show.

Pictures will be posted soon.

We did decide, next year's July 4th rally will be an Alaskan Cruise.

We got home to no AC, so I may be sleeping in the RV a few more nights.

Hope everyone one had a safe and wonderful July 4th.

Kris
aka (M&M)

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

We had a great turn out for the July 4th Rally in Tow.

We welcomed new members. Jim and Janet Mezger, Lee and Kye Ferguson, Jim and Dorinda Willis, Hank and Linda DiGiovanni and John and Christine Westcott.

Members attending were the Don & Pat Allen, Dan & Tee Johnson, Jim & Kitty Gardner, Alan Rochkus, Darrell Ussery, Gary & Sue Brown, Hamie & Janet Wright, Roger & Kathy Hewlett, Richard & Mary Palmer, Steve & Pat Wilson, David & Charlotte Shadrock, Tom & Patti Kerlin and Jodi & Larry Mensch.

Don Allen had a few problems with his AC, but he never gave up trying to get cool.

The food and friends were wonderful. The Hi-Line RV Park put on a wonderful Firework Show.

Pictures will be posted soon.

We did decide, next year's July 4th rally will be an Alaskan Cruise.

We got home to no AC, so I may be sleeping in the RV a few more nights.

Hope everyone one had a safe and wonderful July 4th.

Kris
aka (M&M)

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Larry and I wanted to give a BIG THANKS to Mini Madame for doing such a wonderful job and keeping us entertained during the HEAT WAVE. We had a wonderful time, enjoyed the company and all the good food!

Thanks again, we look forward to ALASKA in July 2006
Old 07-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hi All,

If the AC is going to go out in your rig, it might as well be in 105 degree weather.

Pat and I had a great time anyway. One of the best rallies we have attended since becoming Boomers. Thanks to Kristi and Bob for organizing and running the show.

We really do appreciate all the kind offers to put us up every night, but the "commute" to Killeen wasn't too bad. Kinda put a damper on margarita time each evening though. LOL. Also appreciate those that helped me cut down the tree so I could park, and unloading and hooking up the portable AC that lasted 15 minutes (Sears has it back now).

It was really great meeting all the new folks and we do hope you join us again at future rallies. Hope everyone got home safe and sound and we will see you at Bureleson.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yes had a great time the fourth as well. many thanks to Kris for setting up this trip, it was really a good time. I think Don Allen"s luck rubbed off on me, Monday on the way home, we stopped in Bastrop and the MH would not start after we fueled up, spent about 2 hrs in the gas station and finally got towed to a nearby campground and finally today it got towed to a ford authorized shop in Austin, where she sits now waiting to be repaired. We are home and will return when its done. Did not change the fun we had tho.

Steve & Pat Wilson

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
just wanted to thank everyone for making us feel at home, and to say we had a great time and we're looking forward to sept. rally in Burleson.
sorry to hear about your mh steve, hope it's nothing major.
Jim & dorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I though I was the only one snakebit this trip. We had the very same thing happen to our class A and it turned out to be the distributor.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:19 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time despite the heat....and the various "snakebites"!

THANK YOU MINI-MADAME for all you did to put together a fantastic weekend for all the folks at Tow. I missed ya'll greatly, but knew the event was in good hands.

I look forward to meeting all the newbies at Burleson...although your "newbiness" is now over! Welcome to the Texas Boomers!

Sandy

PS: Don and Steve - do hope your
RV's get repaired soon and you'll be on the road again with friends and new adventures!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:43 AM   #9

We thoroughly enjoyed our first "boomer rally." Thanks for a great welcome. We are looking forward to another one soon. Hopefully we'll see you in Burleson.
Steve and Pat hope your mh is soon on the mend.
Jim and Janet
Old 07-06-2005, 06:38 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
The Palmers want to put in their THANKS to Kris (and her delightful assistant, Bob) for hosting a wonderful rally.
Kris, everyone had a great time, thanks to your planning, and we all appreciate the fact that you didn't let a fun holiday go by without getting some of the Boomers together to enjoy it.
Some of the "Hi-Lites of Hi-Line" were:
*The Vanishing 'fill in your own blank'
*Tour of the 'Rinery'
*Ooohs and Aaahs fireworks
*chairs in the lake
*The floating Catfish Barge (yum)
*Mandy the swimmin' dog
*good food, good friends, good times

'marypal'
Mary Palmer
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM   #11

I want to thank Kris and everyone for the hospitality. Chris and I had a good time despite the heat (Texas in the summer is "too **** hot"!). Really enjoyed the "Vanishing River Cruise" and, especially, the fireworks. By the way, I was drinking Pena Coladas for medicimal purposes on Sunday (pulled a muscle in my back Sunday morning) so I'm formally taking no resposibility for anything said, promised or wagered Sunday night. (By the way, I have now found out that Pena Coladas are not a good remedy for a pulled muscle in the back. I woke up Monday with a more painful back and also a painful head! Grr.
See everyone when it cools off.
John & Christine Westcott
San Antonio

2005 Honda CRV
TriumphDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #12

Many thanks to Kristi and Bob for planning our great July 4th rally. It was a lot of fun and the fireworks show was really good. We enjoyed ourselves in spite of the heat, ate a lot of good food and even had a margarita or two.

The weather report just showed that Tow is having quite a storm, lots of rain, wind and HAIL!!!!!!! Looks like the Boomers have not lost their touch. We won't be sorry to miss that one.

Hope all air conditioning problems are now fixed for all of you. See you soon,
Tom and Patti Kerlin
Tom and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote