Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Lee -
I'll shoot an email to Miss Dorothy at the RV Park to find out! She probably won't be in until tomorrow am, so give me some time. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow pm, I'll call her!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Thank you Sandy, I was hoping some of the ones that live in the area would see this and answer.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We arrived after lunch Friday and about half of the crowd was already here. The pizza supper was great and we did a lot of visiting. Now we get to keep an on hurricane "Gus" and see if we get to go home Monday.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #32

Texas Boomers Club
well it was a long hard drive home and the triffic was bad but at lasts we made it home hope everyone haves a safe trip home and thanks Sandy once again for a great rally. JIM
Jim & dorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #33
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing everyone again. I-35 South was heavy all the way til we got of on 190 in Belton. We made it home safe and sound however. Hope everyone else does the same.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #34
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another GREAT Rally as usual, enjoyed being with everyone again, Thanks Sandy another Great Job Sad to have to leave all the fun
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Our 2008 Labor Day Rally was wonderful - as always we have "too much fun" in one weekend, but that's what we come for!

The only "black cloud" was watching the weather channel to see where Gustav would hit - calls were made to family and our irv2.com friends in Louisiana - thoughts and prayers went out to all in his path.

A SPECIAL NOTE OF APPRECIATION to Chuck & Maggie Litterer and Jim & Dorinda Willis who said anyone who couldn't make it back home due to BIG G was welcome to park our rigs at their homes and wait it out. Thankfully, those of us who live along the coast were able to make it home safely without incident. It is WONDERFUL to know that friends take care of friends when the chips "could be" down.

The weekend was perfect in every way - in fact, it was probably one of the most relaxing weekends ever! It was hot and very humid, but that doesn't stop the visiting around the rigs and fun & games in the rally hall!

THANK YOU to Dorinda Willis who co-ordinated the pizza night - excellent job and EXCELLENT pizza. We'll definitely order from them next year!

The annual auction was, as always, a highlight! I don't think any of us will ever sit on a toilet seat again without thinking of David Shodrock & LeRoy Fahey or ever say "git 'er done!" without the site of Ken Wilson's new jogging shorts! They were one of those "you had to be there" moments!

Good food, good fun and good friends...what more can anyone ask for!

Until the next time...those who are on the road we wish you safe returns, those who are here at home will have some area campouts coming up in the next couple of months and a reminder that
it's only <span class="ev_code_RED">95 days until our Christmas Rally in Boerne Dec 5-7th!!!!!</span>

Sandy
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a great time as usual. Trip home was uneventful even with the caravan with rusty leading.

The Larry the Cable Guy boxer shorts will not see the light of day again.

Looking forward to the next outing.

Ken and Susan
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Just to mirror everyones comments, Sharon, Bella and I made it back to Waco in one piece. Lots of traffic southbound, but that's to be expected on the last day of the holiday weekend. Thanks to all for putting on a real nice and relaxing weekend. If it hadn't been for Gustov on everyones mind, it would have been perfect. It was close though. Take care all and have a great BOOMER September.
Bill-Sharon-Bella(Our Beagle) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
We had a great time, and enjoyed getting to know some new friends. Sandy, thank you for all of the work you put into these rallies. Happy Trails to everyone! Diane
Diane in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have one very sick schnauzer. Belle picked up something over in the dog walk area Monday befroe we left and swallowed it before I could get her. She is at the vet ICU with a severe gastic problem. Hopefully she will get better.

Ken
Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #40

Ken,

Sorry to hear about Belle. I hope by now she is better. Please report her progress.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #41

Everyone,

We returned to Garland Thursday. The rally was great especially the auction.

Our trip on to Austin was not so great. We lost two tires on the way and finally wound up purchasing six tires. EXPENSIVE trip. All the tires we lost were Coopers only two years old and with just 7,000 miles. So far they claim overloading because we were towing the car.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #42

Texas Boomers Club
Charles and Beverly -

OH NO! Rusty and I know all too well the sick feeling you get when this happens. I surely hope that it did not damage your rig in any way.

Tires can be replaced, but thankfully ya'll are okay...that's the most important thing.

It was so good to see ya'll and I REALLY enjoyed the neat peg game! Thanks for letting everyone chill out under your awning that night! We all had a ball!!!

keep in touch!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote