Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">It almost seems impossible that many of us have just returned from National Rally in Perrin, but the calendar tells me that it's time to get signed up for the Labor Day Rally in Burleson in a little over a month from now!!!! Miss Dorothy at RV Ranch in Burleson emailed while we were in Perrin to let me know the park is filling up fast so we'd better get our 35 reserved sites filled ASAP!</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHEN</span>
Labor Day Weekend
Friday - August 29th through Monday Sept 1st(or any part of the weekend thereof as your schedule permits!)

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHERE</span>
RV Ranch - 2301 S I-35W Exit 32 Burleson, Texas

<span class="ev_code_RED">RALLY RATE</span>-
$25 per night for this is a wonderful RV park with shaded sites, a gorgeous rally hall with kitchen facilities, beautiful pool and grounds...all the amenities we need!

<span class="ev_code_RED">RALLY ACTIVITIES</span>
FRIDAY NIGHT
Pizza and Movie Night - A local pizzeria delivers for approx $8-$10 per couple. Dorinda Willis is coordinating a new pizzeria this year and will post more information on the meal sign up thread.

SATURDAY MORNING
The annual Texas Hold'em Tourney will begin in the rally hall at 10am.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Annual "Texas Road Kill" Supper - meal signups will be posted on another thread.

<span class="ev_code_RED">SATURDAY NIGHT ANNUAL FUN-FUND AUCTION</span>
Labor Day is our highly anticipated fun/fund raising event of the year. Monies raised through this event helps to fund the Texas Boomers throughout the year: our website operations, welcome packets, name tags, tableware for all the rallies, door prizes at various events...lots of things throughout the year.

EACH PERSON is to bring a wrapped gift for the auction. Auctioneer Don Allen starts the bid on the items...and the fun begins!!!!

What to bring? We've seen it all from crazy to crafty, silly to smiley, anythink pink is highly desirable! Large or small...preferably gently used or new. Nice to nutty - be creative!

SUNDAY MORNING
Potluck Breakfast - meal signups will be posted on another thread.

SUNDAY NIGHT
It's been a 3-5 year tradition to go to BABES RESTAURANT in downtown Burleson (on Main Street). We'll go again this year, but we'll go in individual groups rather than make reservations for a large group of folks!

<span class="ev_code_RED">RV Ranch requires me to collect all site fees in advance and make one payment upon my arrival for the Labor Day Rally. Please make your check payable to Sandy Creekmore for $25 per night x number of nights and mail to 13010 Wincrest Court, Cypress, Texas 77429 no later than August 25th</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">SIGN UP BELOW - GET YOUR RESERVED SITE IN EARLY!</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Site assignments have been sent by private email. Stop in at the office to let them know you've arrived and head on back to your site!</span>

1. Wrays from Garland (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
2. Creekmores from Cypress (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
3. Browns from Houston (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
4. Allens from Killeen (28th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">wpu</span>
5. Smiths from Hawkins (28th - 2nd) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
6. Cadolas from Waco (28th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
7. Wilsons from Cypress (29th-1st) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
8. Shodrocks from Adkins (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
9. Ellerbrocks from Kingwood (28th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
10. Barretts from Wills Point (29th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
11. Willis from Burleson (28th-31st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in full</span>
12. Blairs from Carrollton (29th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid In Full</span>
13. Faheys from Mansfield (28th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
14. Berners from Arlington (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
15. Litterers from Mansfield (30th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
16. Olsons from Coupland (29th - 2nd) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
17. Perez from Temple (29th - 1st)

Guest visitor: Billie Rice from Burleson area

SEE YA'LL IN BURLESON!!!!!
Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">It almost seems impossible that many of us have just returned from National Rally in Perrin, but the calendar tells me that it's time to get signed up for the Labor Day Rally in Burleson in a little over a month from now!!!! Miss Dorothy at RV Ranch in Burleson emailed while we were in Perrin to let me know the park is filling up fast so we'd better get our 35 reserved sites filled ASAP!</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHEN</span>
Labor Day Weekend
Friday - August 29th through Monday Sept 1st(or any part of the weekend thereof as your schedule permits!)

<span class="ev_code_RED">WHERE</span>
RV Ranch - 2301 S I-35W Exit 32 Burleson, Texas

<span class="ev_code_RED">RALLY RATE</span>-
$25 per night for this is a wonderful RV park with shaded sites, a gorgeous rally hall with kitchen facilities, beautiful pool and grounds...all the amenities we need!

<span class="ev_code_RED">RALLY ACTIVITIES</span>
FRIDAY NIGHT
Pizza and Movie Night - A local pizzeria delivers for approx $8-$10 per couple. Dorinda Willis is coordinating a new pizzeria this year and will post more information on the meal sign up thread.

SATURDAY MORNING
The annual Texas Hold'em Tourney will begin in the rally hall at 10am.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Annual "Texas Road Kill" Supper - meal signups will be posted on another thread.

<span class="ev_code_RED">SATURDAY NIGHT ANNUAL FUN-FUND AUCTION</span>
Labor Day is our highly anticipated fun/fund raising event of the year. Monies raised through this event helps to fund the Texas Boomers throughout the year: our website operations, welcome packets, name tags, tableware for all the rallies, door prizes at various events...lots of things throughout the year.

EACH PERSON is to bring a wrapped gift for the auction. Auctioneer Don Allen starts the bid on the items...and the fun begins!!!!

What to bring? We've seen it all from crazy to crafty, silly to smiley, anythink pink is highly desirable! Large or small...preferably gently used or new. Nice to nutty - be creative!

SUNDAY MORNING
Potluck Breakfast - meal signups will be posted on another thread.

SUNDAY NIGHT
It's been a 3-5 year tradition to go to BABES RESTAURANT in downtown Burleson (on Main Street). We'll go again this year, but we'll go in individual groups rather than make reservations for a large group of folks!

<span class="ev_code_RED">RV Ranch requires me to collect all site fees in advance and make one payment upon my arrival for the Labor Day Rally. Please make your check payable to Sandy Creekmore for $25 per night x number of nights and mail to 13010 Wincrest Court, Cypress, Texas 77429 no later than August 25th</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">SIGN UP BELOW - GET YOUR RESERVED SITE IN EARLY!</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Site assignments have been sent by private email. Stop in at the office to let them know you've arrived and head on back to your site!</span>

1. Wrays from Garland (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
2. Creekmores from Cypress (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
3. Browns from Houston (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
4. Allens from Killeen (28th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">wpu</span>
5. Smiths from Hawkins (28th - 2nd) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
6. Cadolas from Waco (28th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
7. Wilsons from Cypress (29th-1st) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
8. Shodrocks from Adkins (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
9. Ellerbrocks from Kingwood (28th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in Full</span>
10. Barretts from Wills Point (29th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
11. Willis from Burleson (28th-31st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid in full</span>
12. Blairs from Carrollton (29th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">Paid In Full</span>
13. Faheys from Mansfield (28th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
14. Berners from Arlington (29th - 1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
15. Litterers from Mansfield (30th-1st)<span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
16. Olsons from Coupland (29th - 2nd) <span class="ev_code_RED">paid in full</span>
17. Perez from Temple (29th - 1st)

Guest visitor: Billie Rice from Burleson area

SEE YA'LL IN BURLESON!!!!!
Sandy
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Allen's will arrive Thursday 28 & depart Monday 1st Sep.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Clan Cadola will arrive on Friday afternoon, and depart some time Monday.
Bill-Sharon-Bella(Our Beagle) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, put us down as confirrmed. Got the work thing straightened out and will arrive late Friday afternoon.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
!!!! Definitely confirmed Ken !!!!
Sandy
Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy;
Put Linda and Me down for arrival 29th and leave the 30th.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
You got it Lee! It's been a long while since I've seen ya and I can't wait!

Sandy
Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy, I loved you being "helped" onto the longhorn. Was that Pecos Bill? I have a picture of me on him in Fort Worth and I think it contributed greatly to my need for a hip replacement last year!

Sorry we will not be back in time for Labor Day at Burleson. We're leaving Disney on Labor Day so it will be a few days until we get back to Texas. We're looking forward to the Houston gathering the next weekend. We'll just pull on into Rayford. Every once in awhile, we're home!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Donna -

Yes, I'm in "arrears" again - never fails that they always put up the most unflattering pics of me! I have no idea who the cowboy was helping me up, but he was such a gentleman! I felt sorry for the steer!!!

Have a safe trip home and we'll see you on the road somewhere soon hopefully!

Sandy
Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi Sandy,

Count us as confirmed with a Friday noonish arrival departing some time Monday.

Its been a while since I said this, but "The Check is in the Mail"
Texas Boomers, FMCA #366366 SKP #91936
'03 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PWD
RandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy, Put the Fahey's down to arrive Thursday 28 & depart Monday 1st Sept.

Sorry we couldn't make the last rally. We are here in South Padre Island with two of our girls familys.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Blairs and Faheys -
GLAD YA'LL CAN COME! I'll get your names up on the list asap!!!! like right now!!!!
LeRoy and Ruth - it's been such a long time since I've seen you - looking forward to a big hug!
Randy and Diane - my oh my has a month passed already! Seems like we were just together in Perrin!!! but I've gotta hug for ya'll too!!!!

Sandy
Old 08-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote