Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
It's always a special event when the Boomers get together and the Labor Day Rally fit right into the mold! We had 30 rigs attend and <span class="ev_code_RED">AWESOME</span> is the only word to describe the site of all our rigs in a row!

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Bob and Diane Berner</span>
Bob, sorry you had to "work" during the weekend, but it was good to see you when we could! It seemed the "place to be" was under your awning all weekend long!
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Doug and Donna Trott</span> as always, you light up the place! Doug, we're glad your UGH-JOB-UGH is letting you have some time off so you can come play with us more often!
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Jerry and Janell Groves</span>
It was good to see ya'll again! Jerry, hope your shoulder surgery goes okay and you'll be back to normal soon!

WE MISSED SEEING
Les & Dora Nichols, Dan & Tee Johnson and Rob & Delia Radler We know sometimes things come up, but we also want you to know that you were missed! Keep checking the various campouts...come when you can!

A HEARTY WELCOME TO OUR NEWBIES
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Mike & Mavis Kelly from Red Oak, Texas - James & Oneta Sims from Livingston, Texas - Lee & MaryJane Finlay from Jewett, Texas and Alan & Randee Saber from Houston, Texas</span>
We're glad you found us, came to the Rally and hope we'll see LOTS of you for a long time to come! Also to Bill & Donna Smith
who braved the trek with the Convoy to National and made their first "official" rally with the Texas Boomers! We've got 'em....hook, line and sinker!!! Luv ya guys!

The Friday Night Pizza, Popcorn and Movie was awesome! That pizza just wouldn't go away!!! ha! ha! It kept showing up at the most unexpected places all weekend long!! Thanks Bob Wurch for the movie! Many of us FINALLY got to see "RV" with Robin Williams. It was well worth the wait to see it with our Texas Boomer friends!

Saturday was a relaxing day to visit with friends and get out of the heat! We were under threats of rain all weekend long, but made it to late Sunday night before it came to pass. We continue our tradition....

to MaryJane Finlay! The ladies love to get an LCR game together and MaryJane definitely showed us how to play! She's our reigning champ... winning THREE games in a row! We sure had a lot of fun! Remember ladies...<span class="ev_code_GREEN">what happened in the rec hall STAYS in the rec hall!!!</span>

SATURDAY NIGHT ROAD KILL SUPPER
We outdid ourselves on the road-kill buffet! There were more unique dishes that ever seen before. We continue our motto as being an Eating Group with an RV'ing disorder!!! Thanks Doug Robertson for the Roadkill T-shirt - it sure added to the festive event! Donna Smith...you can make that Drainage Ditch Broccoli Soup anytime you want!!!!!!

The Auction on Saturday night was a highlight not to be missed! This 2nd annual event brought more hoots and hollers...we all had headaches from laughing so hard! The donated items ranged from "silly" to "sensational" and each brought it's own oohhs and ahhs as well as top dollar! The HIT OF THE EVENING though was definitely the can of dog food that brought in $25!!! That lucky dog is eating WELL!!!

The generosity of the Texas Boomers superceeds anything I've ever seen before! YOU raised $523.00 to help pay for website expenses, welcome packets, name badges as well as all the supplies for the rallies! THANK YOU

It wouldn't have been as much fun without the ever watchful eye of our auctioneer....Don Allen! I just have to tell you Don, we did get some recycles past you! That's the fun of it all!!

I can't close this part of the commentary though without asking.....Steve Wilson, are you back from the bank yet?? And finally I just have to tell you all that Rusty looks GOOD in a cowboy hat

Thanks Bob Wurch, Diane Berner, Roger and Kathy Hewlett, David and Charlotte Shockrock...our MASTER PANCAKE MEISTERS for all the fluffies they made! The breakfast was awesome!

Newbie MaryJane Finlay DID IT AGAIN! She took home the prize for the Pancake Flippin' contest! MaryJane, enjoy those gourmet pancakes and think of us when you eat 'em!!!!

Sunday Night Dinner at BABES RESTAURANT was an experience! Thanks to everyone for their patience as we waited to get 31 seated in one of the best restaurants in the area! It's a unique place with GREAT food!

I'm probably leaving out many kudoes so I offer my apologies in advance if my forgetfulness overlooks something! Each Rally has it's unique flavor...none of which would happen without all of you who pitch in to help make them special!

Looking forward to the Christmas Rally in Boerne and I'll have more info up closer to that time. Between now and then...check the boards often for a Gathering near you!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
It's always a special event when the Boomers get together and the Labor Day Rally fit right into the mold! We had 30 rigs attend and <span class="ev_code_RED">AWESOME</span> is the only word to describe the site of all our rigs in a row!

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Bob and Diane Berner</span>
Bob, sorry you had to "work" during the weekend, but it was good to see you when we could! It seemed the "place to be" was under your awning all weekend long!
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Doug and Donna Trott</span> as always, you light up the place! Doug, we're glad your UGH-JOB-UGH is letting you have some time off so you can come play with us more often!
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Jerry and Janell Groves</span>
It was good to see ya'll again! Jerry, hope your shoulder surgery goes okay and you'll be back to normal soon!

WE MISSED SEEING
Les & Dora Nichols, Dan & Tee Johnson and Rob & Delia Radler We know sometimes things come up, but we also want you to know that you were missed! Keep checking the various campouts...come when you can!

A HEARTY WELCOME TO OUR NEWBIES
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Mike & Mavis Kelly from Red Oak, Texas - James & Oneta Sims from Livingston, Texas - Lee & MaryJane Finlay from Jewett, Texas and Alan & Randee Saber from Houston, Texas</span>
We're glad you found us, came to the Rally and hope we'll see LOTS of you for a long time to come! Also to Bill & Donna Smith
who braved the trek with the Convoy to National and made their first "official" rally with the Texas Boomers! We've got 'em....hook, line and sinker!!! Luv ya guys!

The Friday Night Pizza, Popcorn and Movie was awesome! That pizza just wouldn't go away!!! ha! ha! It kept showing up at the most unexpected places all weekend long!! Thanks Bob Wurch for the movie! Many of us FINALLY got to see "RV" with Robin Williams. It was well worth the wait to see it with our Texas Boomer friends!

Saturday was a relaxing day to visit with friends and get out of the heat! We were under threats of rain all weekend long, but made it to late Sunday night before it came to pass. We continue our tradition....

to MaryJane Finlay! The ladies love to get an LCR game together and MaryJane definitely showed us how to play! She's our reigning champ... winning THREE games in a row! We sure had a lot of fun! Remember ladies...<span class="ev_code_GREEN">what happened in the rec hall STAYS in the rec hall!!!</span>

SATURDAY NIGHT ROAD KILL SUPPER
We outdid ourselves on the road-kill buffet! There were more unique dishes that ever seen before. We continue our motto as being an Eating Group with an RV'ing disorder!!! Thanks Doug Robertson for the Roadkill T-shirt - it sure added to the festive event! Donna Smith...you can make that Drainage Ditch Broccoli Soup anytime you want!!!!!!

The Auction on Saturday night was a highlight not to be missed! This 2nd annual event brought more hoots and hollers...we all had headaches from laughing so hard! The donated items ranged from "silly" to "sensational" and each brought it's own oohhs and ahhs as well as top dollar! The HIT OF THE EVENING though was definitely the can of dog food that brought in $25!!! That lucky dog is eating WELL!!!

The generosity of the Texas Boomers superceeds anything I've ever seen before! YOU raised $523.00 to help pay for website expenses, welcome packets, name badges as well as all the supplies for the rallies! THANK YOU

It wouldn't have been as much fun without the ever watchful eye of our auctioneer....Don Allen! I just have to tell you Don, we did get some recycles past you! That's the fun of it all!!

I can't close this part of the commentary though without asking.....Steve Wilson, are you back from the bank yet?? And finally I just have to tell you all that Rusty looks GOOD in a cowboy hat

Thanks Bob Wurch, Diane Berner, Roger and Kathy Hewlett, David and Charlotte Shockrock...our MASTER PANCAKE MEISTERS for all the fluffies they made! The breakfast was awesome!

Newbie MaryJane Finlay DID IT AGAIN! She took home the prize for the Pancake Flippin' contest! MaryJane, enjoy those gourmet pancakes and think of us when you eat 'em!!!!

Sunday Night Dinner at BABES RESTAURANT was an experience! Thanks to everyone for their patience as we waited to get 31 seated in one of the best restaurants in the area! It's a unique place with GREAT food!

I'm probably leaving out many kudoes so I offer my apologies in advance if my forgetfulness overlooks something! Each Rally has it's unique flavor...none of which would happen without all of you who pitch in to help make them special!

Looking forward to the Christmas Rally in Boerne and I'll have more info up closer to that time. Between now and then...check the boards often for a Gathering near you!

Sandy
Old 09-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Kudoes back to you Madame Boomer ( ) for all the work you do that makes this possible. Also, Kudoes goes to Kristi, Don and Jay ( )for all the area gatherings they do so that we all can have fun.
Labor Day was a hoot, we had so much fun and was glad to be a part of it. We are currently in Alabama heading out today towards Indiana and then back to Texas sometime Saturday. See everyone soon.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Sorry we missed the rally but had a very good reason. ( Sandy hope you received our voicemail ) We are proud grandparents to our 1st grandchild. Skylar was born on Sept 1st @ 8:41 and she was 18 1/2 inches and 6 lb 12 ounces. Both are doing very well and are home now. Sounds like everyone had a nice time. We will be at the next one.

Ricky
Ricky & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Ricky and Dee -

CONGRATULATIONS on your first grandchild!

That's a good reason to miss a rally! I did get ya'lls voicemail, but didn't want to call you back because you had more important things to take care of! I also now apologize because I didn't include ya'll in my "kudoes" above although I did let several know why you had to cancel!

Skylar sounds like an absolute doll and I'm sure both Grandma and Grandpa are poppin' buttons!!!

Sandy
Old 09-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

The Labor Day was a definite success. Thanks Sandy for all of your hard work. We left this morning after all of the rain headed south. We dropped our rig at McClain's and hopefully will have it back in a week or two. Ha.

Steve thanks for the Kudo for the area gatherings. We do not have a much experience as Sandy, but we have a great leader to offer guidance.

Hope to see as many as possible at Havens Landing, if not at the Chili Cook Off at Rayfords.

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #7

Hi Sandy

A great time had by all.
Many thanks for all the hard work and fun events.

Thanks Again

Bob & Darlene Wurch

Freightliner Custom Chassis
Bob & Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Hello... Madam president and all you nice people from the week end. We certainly got our fill of Fun.. and Laughs,,,
You all are great people to RV with.. Good food, Good weather, and super good company. Who could ask for anything more?
thanks for having us

Mike and Mavis Kelley

Harry, Socks, and Summer
M2Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Mike and Mavis -

We sure hope you'll come back! No doubt about it....we are a lot of fun! Check out the details on the NE Area Gathering at Canton in November! There is a separate thread with all the details! It's up there close to ya'll and you'd have a ball!

Sandy
Old 09-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sandy, Judy and I were very sorry to have missed this rally. It sounds like (as usual) it was a great event. We are looking forward to the next rally.

We have had some great experiences on our current trip. You'll have to ask Judy about seeing the grizzly bear in Yellowstone. We've seen $3.399 per gallon for fuel, a 7 mile VERY narrow dirt road which climbs from 4,000 feet to 8,800 feet on the east entrance to Yellowstone and some very diverse landscapes. We have some nominations for the worst road in the US (I-25 from Ft.Collins to Wyoming)and the most scenic drive (191 south out of Jackson Hole). We had rain for the first time while driving on our trip yesterday (and of all places coming down Monument Hill in Colorado Springs) We have hundreds of pictures to share.

We are headed for Raton Pass tonight and then Palo Duro canyon tomorrow on our way back home. We probably won't have wifi connection again until we arrive home.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:45 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Charlie -

It sounds like ya'll are having a WONDERFUL TIME on your trip! Have fun, be safe and come home with lots of photos to share with those of us who've never been there before!!!

Sandy