Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #1

Hello, South Central Region! Our fulltime wanderings will be bringing us to Dallas and Austin during Feb-March-April, and I was hoping that someone might have reccommendations.

First, we will need to have a new set of tires and a new rooftop heat pump/AC unit installed while we are there, and need a reference to a trustworthy shop (you know, the kind that will appreciate the fact that this is our HOME, not just a toy), preferably in North Dallas.

We may also need to park the moho in North Dallas for a week or so in early February, to make a quick work-trip to Chicago in the toad. Ideally we will be able to make the service coincide with this trip, but sometimes that's not possible. If anyone knows someplace that offers inexpensive, secure, no-hookup storage for a 34' Class A for about eight days, any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks! We're looking forward to spending some time in the Lone Star State!
The Incorrigible Dirigible is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow - a lot of looks, no responses. Happened to me too when I was looking for tires here and I live here! There are 'Boomers and iRV2 forum members in the area like us but they must have broken fingers!

We park out MH at Mayes Road Boat and RV storage (2501 Mayes Rd Carrollton, TX 75006 - (972) 245-3517). They have a someone living onsite as well as a dump station and we have been very comfortable there for several years.

Tires are more problematic. I posted here and on another large forum - no help. So I went to just about every Michelin dealer in the area and finally picked Southern Tire. They are a truck tire dealer and had the best price in the area by a bunch.

You can PM me for more information - we are in Carrollton on the North side of town near Lewisville. Let me know if we can help you in any other way while you are staying here!
Texas Boomers, FMCA #366366 SKP #91936
'03 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PWD
RandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Randy, I had looked at this request, live in the northern Dallas area but had nothing to offer so I didn't reply.

- We've tried several RV repair shops in the area and would not judge any of them to be "trustworthy." I wish that we had one.
- RV parking spaces here are at a premium, period. There are people who have been on waiting lists for a space for a while. The prospects for someone finding something short term aren't good, IMHO. Since I don't know the Addison/Carrollton, Farmers Branch area as well, I didn't respond. There may be something there that meets the OPs needs. I just don't know about. it.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I believe if any of us had anything worthwhile to offer, you would have seen it. My fingers are fine, but I live northwest of Houston so I really don't know about North Dallas storage.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies, in any case. We managed to make a couple of professional contacts and got both the storage and tire installation taken care of. We're currently on the way to pick up the moho, and will be headed to Austin for a 2-month stay next week. Cheers!
The Incorrigible Dirigible is offline   Reply With Quote