Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK gang, I picked Salt Creek North, a Corp. of Engineers Park on Lake Keystone for April 1,2 and 3. Sites are electric only with a few water spigots here and there...mostly there. The sites with water are a bit on the small side for me and Tom. I reserved site A-40 through Reserve America.

So load up your water tanks, and of course the cooler with your favorite beverage of choice and reserve a spot. You do need to make your own reservations, hurry before the prime ones..close to us so that you can listen to the dogs and the parrot??? are taken.

We are arriving Friday afternoon and leaving about lunch on Sunday. So let's plan to have a pot luck dinner Saturday about 7 PM or so. Let's bring your own meat or main course and then bring a side dish or desert to share with the group. Hopefully the weather will particpate and not pricipitate. In case of rain, we'll figure out what to do.

Otherwise, the plan is maximum relaxation and minimum work.

Lok forward to seeing lots of pink chickens....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK gang, I picked Salt Creek North, a Corp. of Engineers Park on Lake Keystone for April 1,2 and 3. Sites are electric only with a few water spigots here and there...mostly there. The sites with water are a bit on the small side for me and Tom. I reserved site A-40 through Reserve America.

So load up your water tanks, and of course the cooler with your favorite beverage of choice and reserve a spot. You do need to make your own reservations, hurry before the prime ones..close to us so that you can listen to the dogs and the parrot??? are taken.

We are arriving Friday afternoon and leaving about lunch on Sunday. So let's plan to have a pot luck dinner Saturday about 7 PM or so. Let's bring your own meat or main course and then bring a side dish or desert to share with the group. Hopefully the weather will particpate and not pricipitate. In case of rain, we'll figure out what to do.

Otherwise, the plan is maximum relaxation and minimum work.

Lok forward to seeing lots of pink chickens....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 01-14-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I'm onboard, site A063, same as before since I know I can get into it.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #4

Ken Tom
We are onboard to, May even have 2 or 3 more
comming from the Kingfisher area
Rain or Shine its gonna be a blast
Not 4 sure which site to get! We are 12.6 high.
We will call and find out what they have
Jerry Theresa and Dog
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Jerry, I used to have a list of good ones but threw it away after last year. Look at the driveway length, that might help. I know there was a couple of large sites around 63 but don't remember which ones. At least we shouldn't have to worry about shade or the lack of on the 1st of April.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #6

Tom,
I guess you have a new nabor .
We will be living at 064 April 1 and 2 . I dont cut my grass nor
do I wash my Auto
I go to bed late and get up late,just
to keep a blance.
Now for the upside. I will have a cup of sugar
to loan anyone, I will have a cold beer or tea for any boomer,I have several stores that i can tell some true some not you be the judge.
If you can live next to a nabor like this then
we should get along just fine.
See you all thier. Jerry Theresa and Dog
Old 01-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
OK, OK, I know I`m a little slow, couldn`t find my reserveusa user name ANYWHERE. When I found it it was where it was supposed to be, in the .com address book under the computer. <span class="ev_code_RED">HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA</span>. We got A-56 again, last time we were there it was a swimming pool, maybe again. Me thinks we have to go camping somewhere before that (Ft.Cobb?

See yall in the funnies, Warren
Old 01-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Warren, we got the makings of a party now. Will Gwen make the Snicker's Salad????

We will be out before that as well. March 3-18-3-20 we are going to Green Country Hamfest in Claremore. Campground at the EXPO center with full hook ups.

Jerry, you will find this bunch pretty easy to get along with, especially me. Just keep your kids at home, don't let the dogs bark louder than mine and keep the stack of empty beer cans smaller than mine.

Ken.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #9

Hey Warren,
He said HAM i know he said HAM Did he not say ham? Tom back me up on this will you,Ken said HAMFEST did he not? Ken get me a spot at the EXPO or give me a # to get one. Warren, Tom
think u 2 would like to make this also?
Man i smell all that ham already!
The only thing I like better than Ham,is Beer and Ham
Just got Theresa out of bed to go get some bread, Anyone have
anything for a real bad pain in the Head and eye?
oh well maybe it could have waited (Bread)
Jerry Theresa and dog
Old 01-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #10

OOPS,
Just talked with Warren, He gave me some real sad news. He said that HAM is not always HAM!
Said that i could put bread on it but still
couldnt eat it He said that beer does go with it but still dont try to eat it; Warren said that if i was to eat one that i would be the first.
He said it was a HAM RAIDO
Oh well guess ill wait till April to meet up
w/u guys.
Jerry Theresa and Dog
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jerry, barley pop does go with the HAM, but only if you are NOT mobile. Works real good at home.

If you seriously want to visit Green Country Hamfest (Amateur radio) you can do a search for the site on the net. This loks like most hobbies...you can spend way more on it than the DW wants you to spend.

If you get over this way...roll down your window and holler.

Ken
Old 01-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #12

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the offer but with my R/C Plane
hobby Theresa would kill me haha.
But if I get to Tulsa befor April ill stop and see you.
Jerry Theresa and Dog
Old 01-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #13

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Rob, If you have found this site, good! I forgot to tell you that to reserve a site at the campground, go to reserveusa.com and write in Salt Creek North. It is salt creek not salt fork. And a good time will be had by all. Jerry, did you round up any okies up there? Love all this snow, but momma wont let me do any donuts with the jeep

See yall in the funnies, Warren
Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 AM   #14

I foung it Warren!!! Thanks...

I am asking the wife about it now and she seems pretty excited. I will go to the registration site and register...can someone please help me with a site to pick?

The trailer will be 41ft long and this will be our second time to pull it so you all will probably want to stand out by your vehicles to make sure I do not hit them!!!

Also, what advice can you give me on air bags or air ride hitch or just leave it alone...thanks again. Warren, we might have to have you all up for dinner and to show us how to use it...

2002 Ford F350 PSD CC LB SRW (She's gone)
Closed Thread