Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

Norm / Betty is was so great to meet you from Canada. I started a special post, just so you can keep up with your South Texas Travels and tell us where you are and if you are OK.

Also, again, Thank you for the "Retirement Fund" piggy bank.

I know you got lots of numbers and email address, but you can always post here, "HOW it is going?. Take care and travel safe.

Again, Welcome to TEXAS.

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #2

Norm / Betty is was so great to meet you from Canada. I started a special post, just so you can keep up with your South Texas Travels and tell us where you are and if you are OK.

Also, again, Thank you for the "Retirement Fund" piggy bank.

I know you got lots of numbers and email address, but you can always post here, "HOW it is going?. Take care and travel safe.

Again, Welcome to TEXAS.

Kris
Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
What a great pair of Canuck's. It was so great to have met you folks and thanks to Norm for saving the day by cookin all the burgers on his grill Sat night. We really hope to get to camp with ya'll again on down the road.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Norm and Betty -

Keep checking the thread often and post to let all your new found friends in the Texas Boomers know what you're up to!

So glad that ya'll stopped in Boerne for the Hill Country Area Campout to meet the folks. Ya'll just pitched right in and we now consider you "honorary Texans"!

If you need ANYTHING during your stay down here, get in touch on this forum or call Kristi or me and we'll help all we can.

Sandy

PS: Have ordered the t-shirts and will pick them up on Saturday or Monday at the latest. I'll email or call you to get your mailing address to get them shipped off to you post-haste!!!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #5

We are still at Medina next to water. Furnace stopped early this morning. Any suggestions for a repair tehnician that we can go tomorrow when we pull out? Had a great time. Charlie fixed my email. It works fine on this network. Have AVG installed. Life is good. Cleaned BBQ and know that it will never rust! We would like to thank everyone for making us so welcome! We would like to return next year if you have a rally in March. I have an idea for the newer campers. I know we have some interesting set ups on out unit and now know almost each camper has a special tip. Why not have a tip sharing session sometime? It could be a show and tell or a tip worth sharing.

We are off to Mustang Island tomorrow. -20 C at home. It took our daughter 3 hours to get home last night rather than the usual 45 minutes. Snow everywhere.

More later, Norm and Betty Ryder
pigroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #6

Campers here suggest Pipe Creek RV near HWY 16 and 1283. 1/2 mile from post office. Made appointment for tomorrow morning.I hope I don't end up being a shareholder of the company! Sunny and 71F today. It is nice tosit and reflect! We read the comments of the wrap up of the weekend and found them to be most interesting. Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome! I am currently working on awning curved braces for unit. Used tree crotch to make the bends in conduit. Had to heat compression springs up on stove to take some of the compression hardness out of steel.(I used to teach metalurgy as part of the machinists training program) I also strtched them to give me more travel. I upgraded the design of an arched support I found at our Top of the Hill campground. More later if it works! Norm and Betty.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Norm,
I've heard nothing but good about Pipe Creek RV. If you see Charlie again tell 'em Kris and Bob said Hi. Good luck on your repair and the next segment of your trip. Say hi to Betty for us.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #8

In and out in less than 1 hour for only $95.00. Never knew that they made $200.00 per hour. Wow I worked in the wrong profession. Folks were most friendly. Even showed problem: swich on blower end needed to be cleaned. Oh well better safe than sorry! Arrived at Pioneer Beach Resort, Mustang Island and set up camp. Purchased more springs today for awning support brackets. Can't wait to get project together. Betty is still wearing her hat. I bet boots will be next! Off to celebrate Feb. 14. Have a happy valentines day everyone.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Norm, I'm glad that both your e-mail and furnace are working. Be prepared to replace that switch that was cleaned. Hopefully it will last but in case it doesn't, you know where to start next time. I'm just guessing that it was the sail switch.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #10

Thanks Charlie. I like how you think! I had same thought. My problem is I am 3 1/2 days away from my RV wholesale neighbour who likes the king of currencies: cash.
This email sure works well! The biggest fearure is access to our address book! I am off to Breakfast at Pioneer to see if it is up to "Texas Boomer" Standards! Norm
Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #11

Well at least the heater waited till you got to Texas to go out. It worked coming out of Canada, so.

Glad you and Betty are settling into Pioneer. I just love that park and walking over the dunes to the Beach. Bob and I usually hit there in April for a couple of weeks. We love to go Virginia and watch the sun set. Also, Marcels is a nice treat. Kinda pricey but the food is excellent.

Stay in touch. How long will you be in Port A?

Kris
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #12

We are here for a month. We are the only site in whole park with out awning up! Charlie would be proud of me. My design is unique and it works to date. The locals are comming by and warning me that awnings up are not good karma at Pioneer. I tell them that I designed this system to handle 75 mph winds and they walk away confused. At least one was honest enough to fall in love with it and wanted a set. Tomorrow if it withstands the storm I could be on local TV. Go figure. A better mouse trap. Watch out Kris!!! At least we are having fun! Regards Norm and Betty
Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Norm,
If you run into Jerald and Linda Seale, tell them hi from us, the important at Pioneer is to chill out and relax. Check out the Mexican food on the bypass road, great tacos!!!

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #14

Wanted: Info on Truck bull balls that I see on farm trucks that are dressed up. What is the story on these items that hang on yhe back of pick-up trucks? Confused and uninformed! Seems like I need to learn so much about Texas! Norm