Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 AM   #15
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Barb; If you can't get with Don to get his generator back, let me know. We are going to the October Fest and would be happy to take it with us for Don. Just let us know you can call the house, or e-mail us direct. Boomers helping Boomers
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi everyone

I finally got to log in at work.

We have no power still in our neighbor. Few tree limbs down and real mess, but no serious damage. Will have to have a couple tree cut down in the future, but not urgent.

Good luck with all the clear up and recovery from Mr. Ike.

Sue & Samantha
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Jodi Neal
Gregg and I was fortunate to have our power back by last Monday night. Didn't have power until this Monday at the office so I had to stay at home, darn it! We did have plans for the long haul though, with our generator and RV set up in the front yard. Stepping over the extension cords running throught the house was a challenge too. We have had some fence damage, garage door issues and some shingles missing - but that's all.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #18

All OK here.. We still have no power/water/sewer here at Rayford Crossing and by the look of it it might be a while. Will keep you posted.
RCOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #19

Hi All

We got the power turned back on wednesday and finished the repairs to the roof from the tree that fell on the house we still have a lot of water damage to the extra bedroom but still waiting on state farm to send a adjuster out.

Freightliner Custom Chassis
Bob & Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
All OK at the Rogers place. Some limbs broken, a few shingles blew off, and lost a small tree in front yard. Power was out 5 days. Kelly stayed with relatives in Pearland, power out there, generators came in handy. I now have 2 Hondas that will power the trailer. Spent 7 days sleeping at the Sheriff's Office on my office floor. Worked 12+ hours daily out on the streets. Lot of damage but not like Galveston area. We consider ourselves lucky. Everyone take care and hope to see you soon. Cody still waiting to get back to school where power is still out.....yeah right..

Cody "Let's Fish/Shoot" Rogers
txlawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sure glad to hear folks checking with what could be considered minimal damage...when compared to the folks in Galveston. Houses are repairable or replaceable. It takes people a long time to be repaired at the best.

When you look at the hardship of some of the families in Texas, the lack of power is just an inconvenience. Not a fun thing, but it is something that can be put behind you.

We need a big round of appreciation for all of the volunteers and public service workers for the job they are doing. They still have families that they have to take care of.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #22
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXiceman:
We need a big round of appreciation for all of the volunteers and public service workers for the job they are doing. They still have families that they have to take care of.

Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN !!!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Day 14 (Friday) was the best day! While we will be eternally grateful to the Wilson's for the use of the "Twinkie" from Day 9 until Day 14, home is where the heart is and when our lights came on, I went to my knees in gratitude!

I know there are still many in the Houston/Galveston area who are suffering more nights without power and more days in the heat without the amenities we depend on. Our hearts continue to go out to them.

If any of you know someone who is in need of help during this extended time...I'm sure there's a Texas Boomer somewhere close that can ease their plight by an offer of help.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sandy, We're glad that you finally have "juice" and can, perhaps, get back to a more normal existence. I know that it was difficult living with A/C for that time but cannot imagine being without refrigeration that long. We are all certainly spoiled with a creature comforts.

Our hearts go out to those who have a much longer recovery from Ike. Our next door neighbor is down in Galveston, helping his elderly father with their live-aboard sailboat that was beached and the cockpit filled with water. They just didn't have enough notice once the storm picked a final path to get it out of harms way and now it might be a total loss.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Great news! we got power at 8:30 AM on Saturday 9/27/08. It went off a sometime again in the day, but was back on when we got home at 6:30 pm.

Doing laundry and grocery shopping today.

You sure don't know what you have until you don't.

Thanks to Power guys from Indiana, we have power.

Sue
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Jodi Neal
Great to hear that you are "back in business". We are very spoiled and it takes something like to for us to appreciate all that we do have.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 AM   #27

Well we at Rayford Crossing got power back on Sunday @ 2:00. We are on a boil water plan until they can get the water tested.
RCOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Jay called last night and they have power on again! He was bringing Stella back from Beaumont area. I'm sure he's on two accounts!!!

Bob and Darlene have their roof repaired, but still have to work on the water damage to 2 rooms upstairs.

I called Pauleen Currey yesterday and Bernest is home from the hospital - doing as well as can be expected from the surgery on his arm to repair 3 breaks - Bernest, your Texas Boomer friends are here to help in any way we can.

I still can't bear to turn a light off at night! I guess it will be awhile before I can sleep in total darkness again!

I feel as if we've been through a WW, but we've gone through it together. For those of us in the Southeast Texas area, we hung on to each other and knew the rest of the Boomers across our great state were there to support in every way possible.

There are many stories to tell and many lessons learned, but the most important of all is that Texas Boomers stick together in the good times and in the bad times. THAT is what makes our rv'ing group like family!

<span class="ev_code_RED">SOUTHEAST TEXAS AREA POST HURRICANE NIGHT OUT</span>
When Jay and I were talking yesterday, I shared w/ him that WE NEED to all get together to celebrate getting back to normal after our devastating experiences and he wholeheartedly agreed.

I'm setting aside OCTOBER 25 as our celebration night! If anyone has a suggestion of a place LARGE ENOUGH to accomodate a big bunch of us somewhere in mid-Houston easily accessible from north, south, east and west metro or extended area. If you know of a good place to eat with this amenity...please let me know!

We may have to retain a banquet room ....and that's fine...we each can add a couple of $$$ to the bill to reserve it so we can be together.

Suggestions, ideas, thoughts and names of potential places?? It doesn't have to be formal (or expensive) -just big enough to hold this great bunch of folks for supper one night!!!!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote