Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Sandy, excuses,excuses,excuses. . We will arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM   #16

Sandy,

Count us in. Will be arriving Friday and leave on Sunday.

Dwight and Joanne
Joanne T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
We're plugging along! Already up to 19 rigs and no doubt will reach our 25 reserved! Buckhorn Lake Resort is so nice - if you've never been there, just sign up and come! You won't leave sad!

Sandy

PS: For those who know our 20lb black cat, Biddle....he's been through the ringer (really!) this week.

While we were at Hempstead for the Sweetheart Rally, he decides to crawl up into a vehicle (why? who knows?) and IT HAPPENED! When the engine was started, the fan blade caught him and he sustained a major laceration around his hind quarters. We thought his tail might be broken as well and the vet ws concerned that if so, we'd have to have that removed. Thankfully once the swelling went down, he is able to flick his tail!

He's lucky to be alive....but he's going to suffer the shame of running around the neighborhood with a shaved rear-end! Maybe he has learned a lesson...the hard way!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:27 AM   #18

Sandy, put Steve and I down for the rally. We will arrive on the 24th and leave on the 27th.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:36 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy,
I laughed so hard reading about Biddle!
Years ago we had a kitten named Felix that crawled up into our car engine and as we started it up, we smelled the most terrible smell! He was okay, just some burnt fur, but Richard will have to tell you the story of how he had to retrieve him .
Presently, we have a 19 lb cat named Maceo...it's so fun to see people's reactions when they meet him for the first time...like "what is that?" Uh,Duh.
We will have to exchange pics of our hefty felines at the rally.

Also, we have to decided that we would like to arrive at the rally on Thursday, could you make that change for us, thanks.

Mary
'marypal'
San Antonio
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:07 AM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
<span class="ev_code_RED">Evelyn and Steve</span>
So glad things have calmed down enough for ya'll to come enjoy a weekend with the Boomers! It'll be good to see you and you'll meet a lot of new Boomer friends!

<span class="ev_code_RED">MARY</span>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ever had a furry-experience. I've heard all my life that cats will do that, but honest to goodness I thought Biddle was TOO BIG to ever crawl up into an engine! People in our neighborhood affectionately call him a Jaguar or mountain lion just because of his size. I'll assemble a "before and after" photo for you and bring to the rally! I didn't think cats had feelings either ...but honestly I think he's embarrassed ...em-bare-a**ed It's almost as if he knows his rear is shaved off because he keeps looking back there! It's sooooooooooo sad to see him like that, but at the same time it is funny to watch him. Poor thing...hope he has learned a valuable lesson!

As per the date change....nada problem!

Sandy
Old 02-25-2005, 03:12 AM   #21

Sandy. Put Charlotte and I down for arriving Friday till Sunday. Thanks David
DF Shodrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I doubt that he has learned anything. Cats never learn anything. .
Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 AM   #23

Now Jerry!!

Southstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #24
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
OUR's sure learned where the food bowl is!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #25

Good to hear "Biddle" is going to be ok (Other than some hurt pride) after the fan blade encounter. We had one a couple of years ago that was not so lucky.

Looks like the Texas Boomer Easter rally is gonna be a hum-dinger.

We will be on the road for Easter as well. Cathy, Ashley (Our youngest), Missy (The Boston Terrorist) and I will be at a "Secret Location" gathering information and such for a future event. But "Hitchiker" and his wife are supposed to meet up with us the day after Easter. I am looking forward to seeing them again.

I'll be thinking of yall having all that fun while we are "Slave'n away".

But I think Ashly and Missy will get a visit from the Easter Bunny (If Missy does not try to play with it and scare it off) anyway.

I guess the next time I will see yall will be in Lancaster, PA at the 2005 National Rally.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #26

Hi Sandy,

So sorry we had to miss the Hempstead Rally. Too many things going on at the same time. We will be there for the Easter Rally. We will arrive Friday morning and leave on Sunday. Look forward to seeing everyone soon!

David & Linda Weldon (Hero too)
David & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:13 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
<span class="ev_code_RED">W5IT</span>
Sure wish your travels could bring over our direction...if it ever did we wouldn't let you head back to crawfish country! Have fun though in the "secret location" and say hi to Hitchhiker for us!
We'd love to head to PA for the National, but unfortunately we won't be able to make this year. We'll be in Ohio for Crystal's graduation the first weekend in June. Work (yuk) dictates that we only have a week to spend there.
We'll see you soon though!

<span class="ev_code_RED">LINDA AND DAVID</span>
YEAH! Will get you on the list! We'll be leaving early on Friday morning- wanna caravan?

Sandy
Old 03-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now why would we want a CAJUN comin across the border? Wouldn't he be considered an illegal alien? The one we already have causes enough trouble as it is. Ya'll know how she is always either trying to get me in trouble or blaming me for something I never did or never even thought about doing.